HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Someone we forgot about as a possible GM

Old
12-17-2006, 07:41 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Someone we forgot about as a possible GM

John Ferguson in San Jose. People may think he's old school, but damn, he's got a good eye for talent and he's really helped things out in San Jose. It's too bad we couldn't get Doug Wilson, but it wouldn't hurt matters any to check in about any of the people that work with him. However, I've got a funny feeling that Don Luce will be named the GM this summer. Should make for interesting this offseason, that's for sure.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
SaveHextall

From everything I've read about Luce, I'd be really happy if he became the GM. I wish I knew exactly how much influence he had with building the Sabres, and in what areas, but he sounds like a good man for the job.

Holmgren is still regarded as an excellent man when it comes to drafting thoug, maybe they can work together on that.

And since I'm pretty knew around here, I'm not sure which names were mentioned and which ones weren't, but Neil Smith is a guy who I wouldnt mind. He actually brought in a few key guys to the Isles in the 10 seconds he was employed by them.

SaveHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Kaktus*

I just hope Zhitniks trade is the last move Flyers make this season.

Clarke was not the answer in new NHL and I do not think Paul Holmgren should be here for much longer.

Also, I really hope we can get Sutter to be our head coach, he won a a few WJC and he knows how to work with young players (I am not 100% sure but I think he was the coach who lead Canada to gold medal last year in WJC if I am wrong I do apologize).. Losing Hitch was Flyers biggest mistake and I do not think Stevens is ready to do a good job.

I want to see changes conditioning personnel FOR SURE and maybe medical stuff.
I want to see changes in scouting. I want to see major changes.

Old ways do not work.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-18-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Wholesale changes should be made to the medical staff. I'm sick of our MASH unit always being lined up out the door and blaming poor seasons or early playoff exits on injuries. There should be a huge focus on muscle conditioning, nutrition, respiratory conditioning and the body's aerobic energy system.
Bring in Gary Roberts as a nutrition & fitness consultant, that should sure turn things around in a hurry. If it wasn't for injuries that guy could play til he's 70.

During this season though, I'd like to see the energy guys like Eager and Fedoruk playing more minutes. Maybe start the game on the ice and let them set the tone, pump the crowd up and get everybody into the game from the first minute.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

John Ferguson is actually in Toronto right now staying with Junior while receiving treatment for cancer. We should be pulling for the big guy's health right now.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...StarSource=RSS

MacDaddy TLC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
I could see a guy like Luce doing a good job here. We need someone not born and bred in the Philly school of Team Philosophy. Cost-effective success. Look at Buffalo and Anaheim's respective payrolls and I bet you'll see more wins per dollar than any other team in the league.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote