HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

Old
11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
McD27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Does anybody know what sections have access to the delta 360 club. My friend got tix thru work tonight and were in 115 row 4 right off the ice, but it said club seats. I want to know if Ill have a chance to see the players walk thru that glass thing where Al does the interviews.
Only Club platinum and above. Your friend got Club Blue - no access to delta 360. Only waitress service and access to club bar and grill (which is worthless).

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Does anybody know what sections have access to the delta 360 club. My friend got tix thru work tonight and were in 115 row 4 right off the ice, but it said club seats. I want to know if Ill have a chance to see the players walk thru that glass thing where Al does the interviews.
Sections 1-3, first 8 rows of 116-118 and 106-108, and possibly all those folding chair seats on the glass.

11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Only Club platinum and above. Your friend got Club Blue - no access to delta 360. Only waitress service and access to club bar and grill (which is worthless).

Ahh crap....thanks tho. Sold my blueseats tonight and sitting their for free, stll an upgrade.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Given all the talk of seat locations in this thread, maybe we should start a season ticket thread and the OP can list where people from HF are sitting on a regular basis. Would make for some good in between period beer meet ups.
I think that's a great idea!
It would also be great if people could post the view from their seats.
Actually it would be even greater to have a view from each section, preferably from several different seats, since the rangers iomedia is not realistic, and there are not that many sites around where you can see actual views from seats. Between all of us we should be able to do that. An even more optimistic goal would be for someone to put those photos together for a realistic virtual view or at least a catalog on some website. This may be off the topic, but that would be awesome.

niinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 03:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
Actually it would be even greater to have a view from each section, preferably from several different seats, since the rangers iomedia is not realistic, and there are not that many sites around where you can see actual views from seats. Between all of us we should be able to do that. An even more optimistic goal would be for someone to put those photos together for a realistic virtual view or at least a catalog on some website. This may be off the topic, but that would be awesome.
What would also be cool is to do ticket swaps (obviously adjusting for price differences) so we can check a game out from various viewpoints.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 03:18 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
mods, maybe a good idea is the next version of this thread becomes a sticky, just like the devils board has. they have a seperate prudential center and tickets threads. it could be helpful for everyone.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Given all the talk of seat locations in this thread, maybe we should start a season ticket thread and the OP can list where people from HF are sitting on a regular basis. Would make for some good in between period beer meet ups.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What would also be cool is to do ticket swaps (obviously adjusting for price differences) so we can check a game out from various viewpoints.

On board with all of it.

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
srsly989

Quote:
This must be done and noted in the "Individual game tickets" thread too. That's gonna really help out buyers.

srsly989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:58 PM
RangersYanks22

I was at Saturday's Rangers game against Carolina, and I was at Tuesday's Knicks game against Charlotte. Interestingly enough, as you can see from these photos, GardenVision is raised higher (nearly touching the ceiling) during the Rangers game than it is for the Knicks game. Not sure if it's because of the size of the rink being bigger than the court that might lead to GardenVision cutting the view of the ice, but I find it interesting just noticed it after scrolling through my photos

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1422577_865045026247_1905994423_n.jpg‎ (71.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 946051_865719694207_1247065123_n.jpg‎ (80.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by RangersYanks22: 11-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
RangersYanks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 06:34 PM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersYanks22 View Post
GardenVision is raised higher (nearly touching the ceiling) during the Rangers game than it is for the Knicks game. Not sure if it's because of the size of the rink being bigger than the court that might lead to GardenVision cutting the view of the ice, but I find it interesting just noticed it after scrolling through my photos
Interesting indeed.
My first thought would be that they don't want to risk any pucks flying at the screen, besides the views as you said
Here is a photo from ice level, it's hard to say how far the screen is from the ice

Last edited by niinah: 11-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.
niinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I like this idea. I have two seats in section 111. $118 per. I'm looking for bridge and lounge tix.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
If no one starts a season ticket thread in the next few days, I'll do it when I get back from Wisconsin and have time to maintain a list. But please feel free to start one yourself if you want

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:24 PM
McD27

Quote:
I was at Saturday's Rangers game against Carolina, and I was at Tuesday's Knicks game against Charlotte. Interestingly enough, as you can see from these photos, GardenVision is raised higher (nearly touching the ceiling) during the Rangers game than it is for the Knicks game. Not sure if it's because of the size of the rink being bigger than the court that might lead to GardenVision cutting the view of the ice, but I find it interesting just noticed it after scrolling through my photos

Maybe for hockey, they want it to be well above the safety nets?

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:35 PM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
I like this idea. I have two seats in section 111. $118 per. I'm looking for bridge and lounge tix.
I have two bridge seats for this Sunday that I can't use if you're interested in a trade. They are in section 314, row 1. Price was a bit higher but close enough. I realize they are playing the Panthers so if we did an exchange would pick a similarly crappy team

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 07:26 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

Leagues may have different rules on minimum height.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:24 AM
ratdog07067

The front rows for Knicks games are closer to dead center than for Rangers games. Maybe they position it so the front rows (depending on the sport) have a better viewing angle of the interior scoreboard?

ratdog07067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 01:29 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I was able to sit down low for Wednesday's game (friend scored Delta Club tickets) and was pleasantly surprised by video boards underneath. Real nice touch. Overall the place looks beautiful. Also talked to Gareden official who told me there's another 6-12 months of behind the scenes work still going on.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:23 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Is the color temp of the lights at the garden still very warm this season? I see they ditched the lights on the sides of the ice that went along the 33nd and 34th street sides where the ceiling met the walls

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Is the color temp of the lights at the garden still very warm this season? I see they ditched the lights on the sides of the ice that went along the 33nd and 34th street sides where the ceiling met the walls
Ice cold lighting for hockey (too much ****ing *****ing on HFBoards)

Much warmer and more "stage"-y for the Knicks.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:53 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Ice cold lighting for hockey (too much ****ing *****ing on HFBoards)

Much warmer and more "stage"-y for the Knicks.
Lovely! about damn time, I'm sick of looking at piss yellow ice. The NHL requires the first 10 rows to be illuminated for safety I believe.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:50 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Anyone know where Glen Sather now sits?

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:54 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
Anyone know where Glen Sather now sits?
bridge

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:07 PM
darrencp22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
bridge
Media section or separate? Can anyone confirm no way over to the media area now? I have bridge seats for April and I'm curious about them. Trautwig said tonight that most of the seats have TVs but from pictures I've seen that doesn't seem right. Think he means the media.

darrencp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:06 AM
redfzn

my itunes on shuffle wants to know if we still come in to "lonely boy" by the black keys…?

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:32 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
my itunes on shuffle wants to know if we still come in to "lonely boy" by the black keys…?
Nope. It's City of Blinding Lights by U2 now.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote