HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Garth Snow was a character in Game of Thrones, whose ******* would he be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
  #1
Talain
Hit the Road Jack!
 
Talain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
If Garth Snow was a character in Game of Thrones, whose ******* would he be?

Just some background information for those who aren't familiar with Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire: "Snow" is the last name given to {illegitimate children*} born in the North.

The way things have been, I thought we could really use something to lighten the mood in here


{Mod Edit}


Last edited by Homeland Security: 11-06-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edit
Talain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  #2
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talain View Post
Just some background information for those who aren't familiar with Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire: "Snow" is the last name given to {illegitimate children*} born in the North.

The way things have been, I thought we could really use something to lighten the mood in here


{Mod Edit}
Not sure, but Wang would absolutely be Little Finger. Shady, scheming ******* who only cares about his profits.


Last edited by Homeland Security: 11-06-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edit QP
blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:10 PM
  #3
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,410
vCash: 500
What is this nonsense?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:16 PM
  #4
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
What is this nonsense?
Gods be with you... the old and the new.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:19 PM
  #5
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 178
Nerds!!!


IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:36 PM
  #6
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,509
vCash: 500
Tyrion Lannister somewhat

Description:
Tyrion has a cunning mind and often uses to his advantage the fact that others constantly underestimate him.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
  #7
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talain View Post
Just some background information for those who aren't familiar with Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire: "Snow" is the last name given to {illegitimate children*} born in the North.

The way things have been, I thought we could really use something to lighten the mood in here


{Mod Edit}
SPOILER ALERT

I can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so I'll play along.

Garth Snow reminds me of Robb Strark. Everything is going well and then Robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely Frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading Moulson for Vanek. It may cause dissension IF Moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again IF Moulson is popular and Vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that I actually understand what I just wrote. I may be a Nerd, but I'm the King of the Nerds.


Last edited by original islander: 11-06-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler alert - thanks Blinkman
original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
  #8
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
i can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so i'll play along.

Garth snow reminds me of robb strark. Everything is going well and then robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading moulson for vanek. It may cause dissension if moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again if moulson is popular and vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that i actually understand what i just wrote. I may be a nerd, but i'm the king of the nerds.
spoiler alert

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:53 PM
  #9
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
spoiler alert
Sorry. Just added the spoiler alert- thanks blinkman 360 for suggesting it.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 12:58 PM
  #10
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Sorry. Just added the spoiler alert- thanks blinkman 360 for suggesting it.
LOL it was mainly sarcastic; Not sure if anyone who doesn't watch the show would even be able to decipher that post anyway.

That said, good comparable. Hopefully Garth's future here is less brutal.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
  #11
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
You know nothing Garth Snow

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
  #12
Talain
Hit the Road Jack!
 
Talain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
SPOILER ALERT

I can't believe it but this thread intrigues me, so I'll play along.

Garth Snow reminds me of Robb Strark. Everything is going well and then Robb deviates from his plan causing a disaster. The decision to not go ahead and marry one of the homely Frey sisters to marry a more attractive wife is similar to trading Moulson for Vanek. It may cause dissension IF Moulson is very popular with his teammates. Again IF Moulson is popular and Vanek is given a maximum money deal while current players have to settle for a home town discount it will show a form of disloyalty leading to inner dissension.

I can't believe that I actually understand what I just wrote. I may be a Nerd, but I'm the King of the Nerds.
The Vanek trade wasn't the problem. Although defense and goaltending were and still are far more urgent needs, we don't even know if any were even available, and if Snow had sat on the Vanek trade we might have ended up with nothing. As for any possible hard feelings, the players are professionals and fully aware that trades happen.

Though if Vanek walks this summer then Snow needs to be made to take the black or be scheduled for an appointment with Ser Ilyn Payne.

Talain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:25 PM
  #13
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talain View Post
The Vanek trade wasn't the problem. Although defense and goaltending were and still are far more urgent needs, we don't even know if any were even available, and if Snow had sat on the Vanek trade we might have ended up with nothing. As for any possible hard feelings, the players are professionals and fully aware that trades happen.

Though if Vanek walks this summer then Snow needs to be made to take the black or be scheduled for an appointment with Ser Ilyn Payne.
Robb Stark probably thought the same thing about his generals and troops being professionals. (lol)

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
  #14
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Tyrion Lannister somewhat

Description:
Tyrion has a cunning mind and often uses to his advantage the fact that others constantly underestimate him.
Agree completely with the who, but for different reasons. His father always gives him little to work with, but he manages to extract something from it every time. The brat king would be Milbury, btw...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 01:59 PM
  #15
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
You know nothing Garth Snow
Well done.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #16
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,410
vCash: 500
If Thomas Hickey was a muppet on Sesame Street, what character would he be?

I'm lol'ing!

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
  #17
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If Thomas Hickey was a muppet on Sesame Street, what character would he be?

I'm lol'ing!
Laughing out louding?

Why you gotta piss on the nerd parade?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
  #18
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Why you gotta piss on the nerd parade?
If Dan Plante were a type of foreign currency, what would he be?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  #19
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If Dan Plante were a type of foreign currency, what would he be?
Probably Rubies. Come back to me though.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:03 PM
  #20
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Probably Rubies. Come back to me though.
I was certain it was Yen. guess not

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
  #21
And You Feel Shame
Registered User
 
And You Feel Shame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If Dan Plante were a type of foreign currency, what would he be?
Dreck-ma

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:36 PM
  #22
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,410
vCash: 500
Wrong. It's Euro, as in Euro not gonna believe he's on this team.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.