HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
  #101
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Can you give a summary, please?
Basically Trotz said

"I talked to him and, if we get healthy here, I might have him go down to Milwaukee and play three games in three nights, just to get those 20 minute-a-night-type of games in and see if he can get some traction. One of the things you find as a coach, you cannot give a player confidence, a player has to produce to have confidence. You can pat him on the back and encourage him but it doesn’t give him confidence. All it does is encourage him. With Filip, I don’t want him to lose too much confidence in his own abilities.”

Milwaukee does have back to back to back games this weekend.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  #102
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
You mean he has a plan and isn't just trying to kill his offensive potential? OMG
That's not his plan??

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:43 PM
  #103
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
That's not his plan??
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:55 PM
  #104
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?
Legwand was the second draft pick and he wasn't anywhere near as good as VL or Cindy Crybaby or SStamkos or any other fantasy player we'd all like to think is representative of what every GM drafts every year.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
  #105
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?
The single season team record for Goals is 31 which is the worst for any team in the NHL including the Minnesota Wild!!!

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:18 PM
  #106
Kamikazepants
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
The single season team record for Goals is 31 which is the worst for any team in the NHL including the Minnesota Wild!!!
Holy terrible argument. If only things were that simple.

Kamikazepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:31 PM
  #107
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
The single season team record for Goals is 31 which is the worst for any team in the NHL including the Minnesota Wild!!!
That isn't evidence supporting your rants and you're wrong about that number.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:41 PM
  #108
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,868
vCash: 500
Yeah, Arnott had 33.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
  #109
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yeah, Arnott had 33.
Shhhh ... it doesn't fit the baseless rant.

I'm waiting for somebody to accuse Trotz of not only eliminating offensive ability from a player but then teaching them to remove points scored by teammates. It's the pseudo-logical progression of the fallacies.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
  #110
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Shhhh ... it doesn't fit the baseless rant.

I'm waiting for somebody to accuse Trotz of not only eliminating offensive ability from a player but then teaching them to remove points scored by teammates. It's the pseudo-logical progression of the fallacies.
I stand corrected I thought the record was held by Sully. Still the point is only 3 times has a player went over 30 goals and The Predators the only Franchise without a 40 or for that matter a 35 goal scorer in their 15 year history. Trotz is a fantastic Defensive coach, his system is to stifle Offense on the opposing team even at the expense of his own team's offense. The 3 players to go over 30 goals also were already established Goals scorers that fell into Trotz's lap. He has yet to produce any homegrown player that produces under his system. Hornqvist is the only one that comes close and he got here by hard work and talent and would produce much more on another team.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:56 PM
  #111
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I stand corrected I thought the record was held by Sully. Still the point is only 3 times has a player went over 30 goals and The Predators the only Franchise without a 40 or for that matter a 35 goal scorer in their 15 year history. Trotz is a fantastic Defensive coach, his system is to stifle Offense on the opposing team even at the expense of his own team's offense. The 3 players to go over 30 goals also were already established Goals scorers that fell into Trotz's lap. He has yet to produce any homegrown player that produces under his system. Hornqvist is the only one that comes close and he got here by hard work and talent and would produce much more on another team.
Hornqivst, a 30 goal scorer, was both an established scorer and a player the team developed? More of you contradicting yourself and posting nothing that supports your claim of Trotz actually ruining offensive potential.

The 30 goal mark is reached by about 30 players per season ... not over 50 players in season over the past decade ... some seasons as few as 20 players.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 07:02 AM
  #112
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?
I thought the OMG would substitute for the sarcasm smilie but I guess not.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:29 AM
  #113
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I thought the OMG would substitute for the sarcasm smilie but I guess not.
It did for most of us.

Last night was an improved game from Forsberg. There was the unfortunate issue at the blueline where the puck eluded him ... but he got back and took his man on earlier shifts and simplified his offensive game resulting in his first ES point of the season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
  #114
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What evidence do you have for the preposterous concept that Trotz is trying to kill offensive potential?
because the message board said so. An if it is on the internet, it must be true?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:13 AM
  #115
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,448
vCash: 500
We'll put that in the reboot of Slap Shot.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:16 AM
  #116
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Recalled for tonight's game against Chicago. I hope both him & Järnkrok stay up.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:21 AM
  #117
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Recalled for tonight's game against Chicago. I hope both him & Järnkrok stay up.

It looks like he was recalled to replace Hornqvist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Daunic @WillyD1025
#Preds -- Spaling skating, looks like he's back on his line. Eaves not skating. Hornqvist not here- home for birth of 1st child.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 06:07 PM
  #118
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...ille-predators


Not what many of you wanted

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 06:16 PM
  #119
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Laughable

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
  #120
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
Laughable
depends on the ice time and match ups. Maybe playing with another Ad creates a little chemistry.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 06:30 AM
  #121
wentz22
Registered User
 
wentz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Forsberg with a team low TOI of 7:59, Clune had 8:25. Only player that was less was Jones at 5:48 but he left the game hurt.

wentz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 03:27 PM
  #122
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 5,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Assigned to Milwaukee today.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
  #123
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Made a lot of sense he got a ton out of that 7 min with the 4th line

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:56 PM
  #124
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Hasn't learned to be a scoring line player in the AHL. Not ready.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
  #125
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
The only reason he was here was because Hornqvist was out. He's back so Forsberg goes back to Milwaukee.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.