HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hold on to your beers, Hawks down Jets 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2013, 10:57 PM
here come the

vCash: 500
Toews went 15-17 at the dot. Is that good? Pouring a beer on someone is incredibly scummy.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Doan Jidion*

People pour beer on outfielders' heads all the time and no one freaks out like this. They'll be okay. I mean, yeah, it's obviously imbecilic, but can we not have outrage over everything?

Old
11-06-2013, 11:12 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doan Jidion View Post
People pour beer on outfielders' heads all the time and no one freaks out like this. They'll be okay. I mean, yeah, it's obviously imbecilic, but can we not have outrage over everything?
There's plenty of people who would have loved to sit in those seats and not act like imbeciles.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Agreed. The woman is an idiot, but Pardy didn't even care that much. Just ban her from the UC for awhile

I've seen posts saying they should be arrested for assault or that she should issue an apology to the Jets organization....

Old
11-06-2013, 11:21 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

I'm glad Winnipeg is in this division instead of Columbus now

Old
11-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Both of them deserved to be kicked out after giving huge apologies to Pardy. But I still laughed at the helmet guy.
Both were just shameful displays. We don't need those kind of fans. Embarrassing display. No class.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Doan Jidion*

Boy, if some of these people saw what could happen at the Stadium, they'd faint onto their couches like Victorian dowagers. It was a beer. They get poured on people. It's a risk you run in life when drunk people are around. Everyone relax with the condemnations.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Fred Murtz

Patrick Sharp wrist shot goal 4-0

Old
11-06-2013, 11:28 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Boy, if some of these people saw what could happen at the Stadium, they'd faint onto their couches like Victorian dowagers. It was a beer. They get poured on people. It's a risk you run in life when drunk people are around. Everyone relax with the condemnations.
Yah, I've seen quite a bit worse. People need to get out a little more.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:30 PM
tntkid

What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.
At that salary it would be difficult with Hawks current cap situation. None of the core.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Im watching this get replayed on NHL Tonight. These two idiots just made our fan base look like classless tools. There is no excuse for it.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:34 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Dude, im watching this get replayed on NHL Tonight. These two idiots just made our fan base look like classless tools.
Who cares? 2 people don't define an entire fan base, nor city. Get over it. News break, they're a ton of idiots everywhere.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:34 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Im watching this get replayed on NHL Tonight. These two idiots just made our fan base look like classless tools. There is no excuse for it.
Agreed.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Doan Jidion*

Quote:
If it's any consolation, every fanbase has classless tools. I don't think this reflects on everyone. RELAX.

I think some people think the perfect atmosphere for an NHL game would be for everyone to go dead-silent when the home team trails and then just sit on their smartphones complaining about how the game, season, and franchise are over. In other words, a message board in real life. People get drunk and do stupid things. Then we laugh at them and move on. Soon, other drunk people will do stupid things somewhere else. World keeps turnin'.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Quote:
If it's any consolation, every fanbase has classless tools. I don't think this reflects on everyone. RELAX.

I think some people think the perfect atmosphere for an NHL game would be for everyone to go dead-silent when the home team trails and then just sit on their smartphones complaining about how the game, season, and franchise are over. In other words, a message board in real life. People get drunk and do stupid things. Then we laugh at them and move on. Soon, other drunk people will do stupid things somewhere else. World keeps turnin'.
Ya, thats what i want. All because i don't think its ok for fans to be stealing **** off other people and then poring beer on them. People get drunk and do stupid things is not an ok excuse. It was an embarrassing display. There is no excuse for that.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Doan Jidion*

You shouldn't be so insecure as to think that this will reflect on you as a fan. I don't feel like any less of a Hawks fan because some guy at a game was an asshat.

I would think that Blackhawks fans, who overlap with Cubs fans, would really be a lot more sensitive to the "class" thing. I mean, isn't it annoying when Cardinals fans are like "we're so classy!" "We really have a lot of class." "I've done the math and the results are in, we have the classiest fans." "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how classy we are." It wears me out. I'm okay with a little hint of an edge every now and then.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:51 PM
madgoat33

not gonna lie, I lol'd about it. I would never do it, and I think its incredibly stupid, but I still found it funny as hell.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Godlike13

Quote:
You shouldn't be so insecure as to think that this will reflect on you as a fan. I don't feel like any less of a Hawks fan because some guy at a game was an asshat.

I would think that Blackhawks fans, who overlap with Cubs fans, would really be a lot more sensitive to the "class" thing. I mean, isn't it annoying when Cardinals fans are like "we're so classy!" "We really have a lot of class." "I've done the math and the results are in, we have the classiest fans." "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how classy we are." It wears me out. I'm okay with a little hint of an edge every now and then.
I don't overlap as a Cubs fans, thats for damn sure. And im sorry but when i get home from the game and turn on the tv to watch NHL highlights, and this is what im seeing get replayed on NHL Tonight. Ya I think it reflects pretty damn poorly on our fan base.

Last edited by Godlike13: 11-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old
11-07-2013, 12:03 AM
xX Hot Fuss

It's something unfortunate that happened. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks it defines the Chicago Blackhawks fanbase, and all of the good/respect we've been putting out to other fanbases and players for years and years, is suddenly washed away from a drunk dumping beer on a player's head, isn't worth our time.

The helmet thing was hilarious though

Old
11-07-2013, 12:04 AM
WarriorofTime

Great game for the team. Looks like Winnipeg is our new Columbus.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Fred Murtz

Board glass knocked out, Pardy gets helmet ripped off

Old
11-07-2013, 12:45 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:

You call that edge?

Old
11-07-2013, 12:48 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

There's a difference between thinking people will look down on me as a Hawks fan because of the actions of two idiots and simply writing off the idiocy as idiots gonna idiot.

A hint of an edge is the kind of crap that Philly fans celebrate when the backup goalie assaults the other teams keeper when down 5 goals. You want your team to play with a hint of an edge. Not your fanbase.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:51 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Finally saw it. Saw the guy wearing the helmet from my seat, I was in 329 so that end but opposite corner, but didn't know how he got it, and never saw the beer. **** is hilarious.

But...class class class! Where's all the class? People think we're classless now. Have I mentioned class yet?

Most over used word on HF. Worse than 'overrated' these days.

Closed Thread