HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 15: Preds @ Avalanche | 8:30 PM CST | FS-TN

Old
11-06-2013, 11:07 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
last post... great games by ekholm and stalberg.. and wilson..

wilson had 4 points, stalberg 2 points and 6 SOGs, and ekholm 1 assist & +3

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

All the crap aside, that was a really huge road win. Great job guys; proud of this team.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:08 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

well I'm outta here too. been fun peeps

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:08 PM
jntarheels

Offense was Awesome this game!! Wilson and Stalberg with much needed, big nights!! Now can we get our defense to play better?! Going to have to do it with Hutton in net.

Great to get 2 points on that one though... but there was still a chance we could have lost even after scoring 5 goals!! Need to do better than that!

jntarheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

This must be what Eastern Conference games feel like.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:09 PM
drwpreds

We may have some defensive and goaltending issues, but playing 3 of the best teams in the NHL, we are 2-0-1 on the trip, have scored 14 goals have not trailed for even 1 second in regulation/OT. And we should be 3-0.

That is freaking awesome- you cannot ask for anything more.

And oh by the way, after starting 0-2, we are 8-3-2- spin it anyway you want, that is pretty freaking good.

Despite all the doom and gloom, I still maintain if we can somehow, someway get Pekka back, this can be a pretty darn good team.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
This must be what Eastern Conference games feel like.
Pretty much. It was a fun game to watch no doubt. Hopefully it's just a tad less exciting next game. Gotta tighten up.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
AintLifeGrand

I think the Carrie Underwood Preds shoutout at the CMA's tonight really helped put us over the edge.... (gf was watching , while i watched GCL on my phone)

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:14 PM
INDhockeyfan

Wilson and Stalberg with their best games of the season. It is like when they score they can't play defense and they other way around. Anyways 5 out of 6 pts on this road trip is great. Should have been 6 had we not blown the lead in Phoenix. The team could have fallen apart after that loss but have been able to pull it out in the last 2 games. We have to be better defensively but it has been fun to see all the scoring.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:16 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Some odd man rushes are to be expected ... total breakdowns for the entire length of the ice as we've seen over and over tonight is not acceptable. Misplaying the oncoming play as we've seen from our top defenders is not acceptable. We are playing in front of a rookie goal tender and need to minimize the glaring errors.

When was the last time Bryz was really good? He had mediocre save percentages the last two seasons and is a known head case. It isn't shocking that he is still on the market this far into the season.
That first goal, Weber played it text book, that was just a good play.

Second goal, we were scrambling a little, and yeah broke down fair badly, all 3, defensemen and center, out of position.

3rd goal was just weak.

4th goal, Klein just didn't get a good jump, I think he was caught off gaurd a little.

All and all, it's a win.

and

Hutton sucks.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Neal Before Zod

Enough with the crap about Hutton. What standard are you holding him to, that of an elite starter?

He's not a great goalie. At least not as of now. He lets in some soft goals for sure...but again...he's the backup goalie. We're used to Peks getting 85-90% of the starts. Hutton has been put in a situation that he would never see if it weren't for an injury. Think about the pressure you have to go from a backup that might see 10-15 games in a year to being an every night starter. Yet he's managed to go 3-1-1 in the process.

As for tonight, we faced the hottest team in the league, with a very explosive offense, and we managed to turn the puck over and play terrible transition defense a half dozen times, resulting in 4 goals. How many PP goals did the Avs have? Zero. How many goals did they have as a result of consistent zone pressure? Zero. Everything came on the rush...and that's a terrible spot for a goalie, especially an inexperienced one. Give Colorado credit...they buried those chances. But thankfully we buried ours.

If Rinne is in goal, perhaps he stops 1 or 2 of those. Or perhaps he gets shelled. That's definitely happened before.

As a whole, the Preds show a lot of promise. Some line combos are starting to click. Some individual players are starting to show more consistent efforts. But we're still having these brain farts and unforgivable plays. Turnovers nearly sank us tonight. Hell, even an unlucky super rebound from Varly ended up going coast to coast. But I think we're getting there. The new pieces are contributing more on offense and defense. I think more work still needs to go into the D, but hopefully with Josi back, that will become less of an issue.

Great start to the RTFH. 5 points in 3 games. We're ahead of the 8 ball. Let's keep it that way.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I think the Carrie Underwood Preds shoutout at the CMA's tonight really helped put us over the edge.... (gf was watching , while i watched GCL on my phone)
yeah, (wink, wink) girlfriend was watching......

Old
11-06-2013, 11:48 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Some odd man rushes are to be expected ... total breakdowns for the entire length of the ice as we've seen over and over tonight is not acceptable. Misplaying the oncoming play as we've seen from our top defenders is not acceptable. We are playing in front of a rookie goal tender and need to minimize the glaring errors.

When was the last time Bryz was really good? He had mediocre save percentages the last two seasons and is a known head case. It isn't shocking that he is still on the market this far into the season.
Bryzgalov was solid at Phoenix where they played a system like ours (or at least like ours is supposed to be played).

All Im saying is Huttons GAA on this roadie is 3.56 and his Save% is .883... how long do you think we can keep scoring 4 goal per game??

If we had only been scoring 3 goals per game(still well above what we normally do) we would be 0-2-1 on this roadie and we'd all be screaming that we are doomed.

right now his two good games against Winnipeg are looking like outliers

Somethings gotta give... either Hutton starts playing more like a solid backup (ie GAA in the mid to high 2's and sv pct % in the low .900's ) in which case we can probably tread water until Rinne returns, or else we go back to scoring 2.3 a game and go on a 6 or 7 game losing streak...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:52 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Negative mojo aside

He didn't have a bad night. That first goal was just a fantastic play.

He did give up one he could have stopped but really that's it.

Avs are a good team offensively, they can make you pay.

I do wish he would stand on his head a bit, just to show us he can do it.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Don't ever stop Mr Haynes, don't ever stop

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:10 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Old
11-07-2013, 12:12 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Glad to finally see a W at the Pepsi center tonight. Wilson had an incredible game along with stalberg.

Varlomov was on the wrong side of the beating tonight!

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:15 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Glad to finally see a W at the Pepsi center tonight. Wilson had an incredible game along with stalberg.

Varlomov was on the wrong side of the beating tonight!
He should be glad that game wasn't in Russia or the beating would have been worse.

Old
11-07-2013, 01:04 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Wilson my boy!!!

Stalberg was superb

We need a better goalie for Rinnes absence

Legwand has been great. He had 13 assists last year and he already has 10

I ****ing love Ekholm

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He should be glad that game wasn't in Russia or the beating would have been worse.
The beatings will continue, until morale improves ?

Old
11-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
You see the padding that Shanahan was wearing back then ? ... the NHL needs to get back to that ... dear god

Old
11-07-2013, 02:41 AM
goeb

Quote:
Negative mojo aside

He didn't have a bad night. That first goal was just a fantastic play.

He did give up one he could have stopped but really that's it.

Avs are a good team offensively, they can make you pay.

I do wish he would stand on his head a bit, just to show us he can do it.
He already did prove he could stand on his head when we played the Jets on the road. Practically stole the game. Hutton had a few rough starts recently, it happens. He's due for a good start in the near future to make up for it.

goeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 05:42 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

So another win, sweet.

Another two goal lead blown on the road, needs to be addressed.

Jones gets railed by McGinn and McGinn is able to walk out of the building without paying, really? Downie takes out Josi last time we play these guys. McGinn launches himself at Jones and boards him and nothing is done the next time McGinn hits the ice. What happens next game when we play them? I'm all for winning a game and making sure we do but if teams know they can run our players without payback, I wonder why our guys keep getting injured. This annoys the ever living stew out of me.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 05:54 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
That first goal, Weber played it text book, that was just a good play.

Second goal, we were scrambling a little, and yeah broke down fair badly, all 3, defensemen and center, out of position.

3rd goal was just weak.

4th goal, Klein just didn't get a good jump, I think he was caught off gaurd a little.

All and all, it's a win.

and

Hutton sucks.
Weber took the right action on the first goal but lacked the speed going back to keep sliding ... he slowed while on his stomach, Duchene kept skating until the lane to Parenteau opened up. Weber probably gets away with it against most teams but not against a line with that kind of speed and players entering the night at over 18% shooting. Wilson tries on the back side but is unable to lift the stick, break up the pass, or get a body on Parenteau.

For all of the negatives in Hutton's game and his less than stellar individual stats ... the stat that matters isn't in bad shape ... winning record.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 06:10 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So another win, sweet.

Another two goal lead blown on the road, needs to be addressed.

Jones gets railed by McGinn and McGinn is able to walk out of the building without paying, really? Downie takes out Josi last time we play these guys. McGinn launches himself at Jones and boards him and nothing is done the next time McGinn hits the ice. What happens next game when we play them? I'm all for winning a game and making sure we do but if teams know they can run our players without payback, I wonder why our guys keep getting injured. This annoys the ever living stew out of me.
It annoys me also....I think this is a big mental error on the part of the team and the players, and we are paying for it with injuries. We should have been hitting players left and right. The hypocrisy of the refs and shannahan in protecting "stars" and not the everyday player makes me furious.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote