HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hold on to your beers, Hawks down Jets 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2013, 11:58 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

vCash: 500
“As the tickets are more valuable, our fan behavior is becoming better"

-Rocky Wirtz

http://www.suntimes.com/20987724-761...s-soaring.html

Hey Rocky......who you crappin'?

Old
11-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Doan Jidion*

It has become better. Like I said, I've heard tales of the Chicago Stadium that would make these people's hair turn white.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:12 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doan Jidion View Post
It has become better. Like I said, I've heard tales of the Chicago Stadium that would make these people's hair turn white.
Yeah, but that was probably fans fighting with other fans...the incident tonight was between fans and an opposing player and was shown on national television.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

I wouldn't want him even for depth in Rockford.

He looks terrible.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:45 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

I think what's lost in all this is how awesome of a hit that was by Bollig.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Doan Jidion*

Yeah. Let's agree on that. I've been down on Bollig since the day he walked out of his cave and into town, but he's had himself a very nice year as a genuine fourth-liner.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Godlike13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
I wouldn't want him even for depth in Rockford.

He looks terrible.
Id take him back, and put him back on a wing.

Quote:
Yeah. Let's agree on that. I've been down on Bollig since the day he walked out of his cave and into town, but he's had himself a very nice year as a genuine fourth-liner.
He has. And no matter what he is still so much better than John Scott.

Old
11-07-2013, 02:12 AM
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Id take him back, and put him back on a wing.

Unfortunately with the cap hes a luxury we can't afford. But the thought of both Bickell and Byfuglien going beast mode in the playoffs..... I don't see how any team beats us.

Old
11-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Love to play the Jets in the first round, too bad they won't even make it. Jets couldn't crack the playoffs in the Southeast division as it was.

Drunk Helmet guy was absolutely hilarious especially when he first put it on and the camera got a great shot of his drunken mug.

Old
11-07-2013, 06:24 AM
JMT21

Jets STH here...... thanks again for showing us what a real hockey team looks like. So Jets fans boo the opposing teams best players..... while your fans rip off opposing team helmets and pour beer on the players...... talk about taking it to the next level!!!! Classless and hilarious all at the same time.

FWIW....... I see no reason why you guys won't repeat as SC champs this year. Only team I can really see as a challenge for the Hawks right now might be the Sharks. Maybe one day we'll have a team as good all around as the Hawks.

Cheers..... (pouring out a $10.00 beer is just a shame)..

Old
11-07-2013, 06:53 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Holy crap the helmet thing was hilarious, lost it when I saw him with it on, and he had the most hilarious expression on his face with it on. Someone buy that guy a beer for me.

Is the beer thing in a different video or did I just miss that part?

Old
11-07-2013, 07:03 AM
clydesdale line

I missed the game, but I saw from the box score Pirri had over 16 minutes of ice time. How did he look? Was he mostly on the second line or switched around? Noticed Q commented on his defensive game after the game which was great to hear.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:05 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.
Calling Buffie "a little lazy" is like calling Everest a little hill.He is not a good dman never was.Thats why the Hawks played him at wing.Dont see any scenario where they take him back,but if the improbable happened he would be back at wing again.As for what we'd give you,not too much.Maybe a B prospect,2nd or 3rd rd pick.Oh plus the cap relief of dumping his contract and the pain relief from all those headaches he causes in his own end.Couple more games like last nite and those last two might be enough.At least for Jets fans.

Now if you want to give Ladd back we can talk

Old
11-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Boy, if some of these people saw what could happen at the Stadium, they'd faint onto their couches like Victorian dowagers. It was a beer. They get poured on people. It's a risk you run in life when drunk people are around. Everyone relax with the condemnations.
They also might hear a curse word. Oh, the humanity!

Old
11-07-2013, 07:16 AM
krazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
Jets STH here...... thanks again for showing us what a real hockey team looks like. So Jets fans boo the opposing teams best players..... while your fans rip off opposing team helmets and pour beer on the players...... talk about taking it to the next level!!!! Classless and hilarious all at the same time.

FWIW....... I see no reason why you guys won't repeat as SC champs this year. Only team I can really see as a challenge for the Hawks right now might be the Sharks. Maybe one day we'll have a team as good all around as the Hawks.

Cheers..... (pouring out a $10.00 beer is just a shame)..
Dont know how many people were at the game in Winnipeg,so I'll just guesstimate.Lets say 16,000.Of that 12,000 booed (rest were Hawk fans).
There were over 18,000 in Chicago.Of that number 1 idiot took the helmet and 1 other idiot poured beer.

That's 2 out of 18,000 compared to 12,000 out of 16,000.You call that "taking it to the next level"?

Old
11-07-2013, 07:18 AM
wladyslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
I missed the game, but I saw from the box score Pirri had over 16 minutes of ice time. How did he look? Was he mostly on the second line or switched around? Noticed Q commented on his defensive game after the game which was great to hear.
I thought he was pretty invisible- until a blown coverage led to a break-away- great shot , Goal!

37's good news- he seemed to make a real effort of NOT skating the puck out of his own zone (where he is constantly stripped from behind- cuz he lacks break out speed)
so in True Hawks fashion- he really tried to push the pace with the quick pass.

Bad news I counted one shift where he missed (and turned over the puck) 3 pass attempts.

This is the Hawks way to play- fast, push pace, and if there is a TO- it is a TO going toward the other team's net! So Q seems to be getting that thru to him.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:26 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
“As the tickets are more valuable, our fan behavior is becoming better"

-Rocky Wirtz

http://www.suntimes.com/20987724-761...s-soaring.html

Hey Rocky......who you crappin'?
This year, these are by far the most reserved, docile crowds I have seen since their was 5000 people in the stadium.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:37 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedWrister90 View Post
Not liking Pirri as the 2C. His defensive game isn't good enough. Handzus or Kruger would be better options

Derp
I’ve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, I’d even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. It’s only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

The kid is learning and will only get better on the D side. The release was sweet on that shot. As was Sharp's.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:50 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
I thought he was pretty invisible- until a blown coverage led to a break-away- great shot , Goal!

37's good news- he seemed to make a real effort of NOT skating the puck out of his own zone (where he is constantly stripped from behind- cuz he lacks break out speed)
so in True Hawks fashion- he really tried to push the pace with the quick pass.

Bad news I counted one shift where he missed (and turned over the puck) 3 pass attempts.

This is the Hawks way to play- fast, push pace, and if there is a TO- it is a TO going toward the other team's net! So Q seems to be getting that thru to him.
Good post. Hopefully Pirri will work harder on his skating - those first few strides need to be more explosive to be considered NHL caliber.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
JMT21

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
Dont know how many people were at the game in Winnipeg,so I'll just guesstimate.Lets say 16,000.Of that 12,000 booed (rest were Hawk fans).
There were over 18,000 in Chicago.Of that number 1 idiot took the helmet and 1 other idiot poured beer.

That's 2 out of 18,000 compared to 12,000 out of 16,000.You call that "taking it to the next level"?
OK.... capacity at our arena is 15,004 but I digress. The fans in Winnipeg (for whatever reason) tend to boo the best players on opposing teams. I don't do it myself cause it makes no sense.. to me anyways. No chance 80% of any crowd would be booing at the same time. It shouldn't be taken as sign of disrespect but I get how it can be perceived that way. All fan bases have their idiosyncrasies and there isn't much we can do about it.

BTW : Zero chance there were more than a thousand or so Hawks fans.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:15 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
If it's any consolation, every fanbase has classless tools. I don't think this reflects on everyone. RELAX.

I think some people think the perfect atmosphere for an NHL game would be for everyone to go dead-silent when the home team trails and then just sit on their smartphones complaining about how the game, season, and franchise are over. In other words, a message board in real life. People get drunk and do stupid things. Then we laugh at them and move on. Soon, other drunk people will do stupid things somewhere else. World keeps turnin'.
Exactly.…. The beer pouring was a bit over the top but get over it all you do-gooders and move on. Many of these players have seen much worse in their minor league days - in fact, the camera caught several of the Jet players getting a good chuckle at the bench…. and I did get a laugh myself seeing that pie-eyed guy briefly wearing the helmet.

A crowd sitting on their hands and the place sounding like a church when the team needs a lift the most, bothers me much more than something like this.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I’ve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, I’d even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. It’s only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.
I still personally don't like those two together. In Rockford (and R.P.I. and really... all his life), Pirri is the guy most often carrying the puck through the neutral zone and distributing it to others for scoring chances. Problem is, on a line with Kane, Kane is going to be the primary puck handler. (and rightfully so) So with Kane carrying the puck, Pirri is then required to be the guy driving the net hard, trying to find soft spots in the defense, or battling in front of the net. This is not the role he has been conditioned to play in Rockford, and really not a game he has the tools to play. He has a nice shot, but that is about it.

I feel both guys need a big forward on their lines (I.E. Saad, Bickell) to help them create space and another player (I.E. Hossa, Sharp) who can finish. But Pirri, to me in the games I've watched, looks like he's adapting (and in a way changing his style of play).. and right now he has to to stay up here. Even carrying the puck up the ice, he's trying to be mistake free, which is all he can be asked to do right now, until Q starts trusting him more to take those chances. For now though, I like where his mind is and as he learns, he's finding out a bit about himself, IMO.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:46 AM
krazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
OK.... capacity at our arena is 15,004 but I digress. The fans in Winnipeg (for whatever reason) tend to boo the best players on opposing teams. I don't do it myself cause it makes no sense.. to me anyways. No chance 80% of any crowd would be booing at the same time. It shouldn't be taken as sign of disrespect but I get how it can be perceived that way. All fan bases have their idiosyncrasies and there isn't much we can do about it.

BTW : Zero chance there were more than a thousand or so Hawks fans.
The point was thousands of Jets fans booed and only 2 Hawks fans did stupid things(that we know of) so how was that taking it to another level?

Booing the opposing teams best seems to be a tradition in a lot of places,not just hockey rinks.Goes on in plenty of sports.No big deal.I dont see it as a sign of disrespect,quite the opposite in fact.Fans dont usually boo nobodies unless they have done something to warrant it,and I doubt it affected the targeted player(s) at all.

BTW There's a very good chance 80%+ of a crowd will boo at same time.Seen it on many occasions and been part of it a time or two.

Old
11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
I still personally don't like those two together. In Rockford (and R.P.I. and really... all his life), Pirri is the guy most often carrying the puck through the neutral zone and distributing it to others for scoring chances. Problem is, on a line with Kane, Kane is going to be the primary puck handler. (and rightfully so) So with Kane carrying the puck, Pirri is then required to be the guy driving the net hard, trying to find soft spots in the defense, or battling in front of the net. This is not the role he has been conditioned to play in Rockford, and really not a game he has the tools to play. He has a nice shot, but that is about it.

I feel both guys need a big forward on their lines (I.E. Saad, Bickell) to help them create space and another player (I.E. Hossa, Sharp) who can finish. But Pirri, to me in the games I've watched, looks like he's adapting (and in a way changing his style of play).. and right now he has to to stay up here. Even carrying the puck up the ice, he's trying to be mistake free, which is all he can be asked to do right now, until Q starts trusting him more to take those chances. For now though, I like where his mind is and as he learns, he's finding out a bit about himself, IMO.
What I am seeing is Pirri is finding open spaces for one timers on the PP and finding places to shoot in the slot when Kane gets it to him. I think he is adjusting just fine not being the sole distributor. And with that shot I would rather he shoot more!

Closed Thread