HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #15|Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  #51
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
How about we just switch rosters with the Phantoms and see how everyone does

shipwreck is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  #52
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
Newbury called up, McGinn down. We have trouble scoring so we bring up a goon. Where's my beer?
Probably related to changing Downie's status to day-to-day.

Most likely Rosehill will play another couple of games and Newbury will sit in the press box again until they decide to slot in Downie. Just hope they don't mess with Downie's health to pressure something.

I don't like this move either.

dats81 is online now  
Old
11-06-2013, 03:56 PM
  #53
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,167
vCash: 500
Come on TooToo !!

What a joke !

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #54
StoneHands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
uuhhh you want to add some juice to the lineup? stop trying the same old tricks. What has newbury done to deserve a call up? Shows that sucking is acceptable.
Scored 5 points in 5 games while being more of an ideal 4th liner than McGinn.

StoneHands is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM
  #55
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,044
vCash: 500
i dont know weather to root for them to do well or root for them to tank and get ekblad.

Jtown is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
  #56
GTopCheese
Registered User
 
GTopCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Scored 5 points in 5 games while being more of an ideal 4th liner than McGinn.
He's always scored points in the AHL though. He never really does a whole lot on the NHL level.

GTopCheese is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
  #57
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,699
vCash: 500
McGinn down and Newbury up is pretty irrelevant. I assume as others have said that this is most likely cause Downie is coming back soon and they rather have McGinn playing, Newburry is just a body that could eventually get claimed and no one would bat an eye.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 08:26 PM
  #58
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,358
vCash: 500
going to catch this game already started, tbh im gunna do some shopping after work.

cuz i have basicly zero interest in watching another ****show of a flyers game..

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 08:32 PM
  #59
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 500
My beer guy at the Wells Fargo is playing between periods. My buddy joke who might have more goals by the end of the night - beer guy or giroux

AaronTrieu is online now  
Old
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
  #60
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
My beer guy at the Wells Fargo is playing between periods. My buddy joke who might have more goals by the end of the night - beer guy or giroux
smart money is on beer guy...

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 09:43 PM
  #61
freakydallas13
Registered User
 
freakydallas13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
My god, why is Schenn constantly scratched? Gus I understand (not that I agree with it), he's young and still fighting for a permanent spot. But Schenn? What the hell is Chief smoking?

freakydallas13 is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
  #62
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
FrankM95149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
i dont know weather to root for them to do well or root for them to tank and get ekblad.
Playbad For Ekblad

Winless for Wiggins

FrankM95149 is offline  
Old
11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
  #63
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydallas13 View Post
My god, why is Schenn constantly scratched? Gus I understand (not that I agree with it), he's young and still fighting for a permanent spot. But Schenn? What the hell is Chief smoking?
This whole Schenn thing is really strange. I don't quite understand why he's as hated as he is.

Devastate is online now  
Old
11-07-2013, 06:37 AM
  #64
blinds
Registered User
 
blinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
This whole Schenn thing is really strange. I don't quite understand why he's as hated as he is.
Skating and boneheaded turnovers. I understand the reasons, but I don't agree with it. I think Gill at least brings some vet leadership that we aren't seeing from Kimmo, Streit, Vinny or Hartnell. Team seems more calm and less mistake prone with him on the bench. Minus that OT goal of course..

blinds is online now  
Old
11-07-2013, 06:39 AM
  #65
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
I just can't get behind a coach who thinks that Meszaros and Gill are better options than Schenn and Gus.

Even if you think that the former are currently better than the latter, there's not much in it and one pair are at a stage where they should be improving daily. The others? Not so much.

1865 is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 07:55 AM
  #66
flyaz4life
Registered User
 
flyaz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
want to try something new...

The chances that G puts the puck in the back of the net tonight are as good as a blind man telling you where Waldo is.

Giroux will NOT score tonight.

flyaz4life is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:18 AM
  #67
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
I can understand them scratching Schenn in favor of Gill if they really feel like he's the better option for that role. But, I can't see any reason why Gus is being scratched in favor of Mez for a team that is struggling mightily to get any offensive production going.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:21 AM
  #68
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
Gill is getting hated on around here, but I'm not sure why. He's been pretty solid the last couple of games, nothing flashy, but the kind of guy that you want on the third pair. Now that could definitely change when they start playing teams with quicker forward groups. NJ and Carolina aren't exactly and group of burners.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:24 AM
  #69
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Gill is getting hated on around here, but I'm not sure why. He's been pretty solid the last couple of games, nothing flashy, but the kind of guy that you want on the third pair. Now that could definitely change when they start playing teams with quicker forward groups. NJ and Carolina aren't exactly and group of burners.
It's not that people are hating on Gill, people are hating the fact that Gill and Meszaros are getting played over two young defensemen that need to play to develop.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:30 AM
  #70
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
It's not that people are hating on Gill, people are hating the fact that Gill and Meszaros are getting played over two young defensemen that need to play to develop.
Maybe it's because Schenn has played like crap for most of the season this far? The guy looks awful when compared to the level of play that we saw from him last season. Gus for Mez is moronic, and I said that earlier. Gus provides offensive production, something that neither Mez or the rest of the seems capable of doing right now.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
  #71
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Maybe it's because Schenn has played like crap for most of the season this far? The guy looks awful when compared to the level of play that we saw from him last season. Gus for Mez is moronic, and I said that earlier. Gus provides offensive production, something that neither Mez or the rest of the seems capable of doing right now.
So because one of your young defensemen has been struggling (which I do disagree with) he gets benched for a much older guy that may or may not be just as bad if not worse than Luke? It just doesn't make sense to me.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:34 AM
  #72
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
It's not that people are hating on Gill, people are hating the fact that Gill and Meszaros are getting played over two young defensemen that need to play to develop.
Exactly. And it's not like Schenn and Gus were the reason the team was losing, while Gill and Mez bring a winning atmosphere.

Gus was playing great. One mistake in a 3rd period and he gets sat. Mez on the other hand completely gets skated by quite a few times a game. I actually feel bad for the guy. He was a solid 3rd pairing defenseman that injuries really made him worse.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:47 AM
  #73
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
So because one of your young defensemen has been struggling (which I do disagree with) he gets benched for a much older guy that may or may not be just as bad if not worse than Luke? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Yes. The idea is to put the best six defensemen out there to have the best possible chance of winning the game. Schenn has been pretty awful even in the limited ice time that he's been given. Gill has been dependable and has played a safe game, which you want from a third pair guy. I suspect Schenn will be back in the lineup relatively soon, and hopefully it's because he's looked better in practice and the coaches feel like they can trust him.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 08:49 AM
  #74
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Exactly. And it's not like Schenn and Gus were the reason the team was losing, while Gill and Mez bring a winning atmosphere.

Gus was playing great. One mistake in a 3rd period and he gets sat. Mez on the other hand completely gets skated by quite a few times a game. I actually feel bad for the guy. He was a solid 3rd pairing defenseman that injuries really made him worse.
I already said I disagreed with Gus being sat in favor of Mez. Gus has played considerably better than Mez to this point, and I'm pretty confident in saying that it'll continue to be that way for the rest of the season.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-07-2013, 09:26 AM
  #75
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Downie practicing with the team in bubble mask, not playing, but good to see he's out there.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.