HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should the Preds trade their impending FA's ?

View Poll Results: Should they?
Yes 5 18.52%
No 22 81.48%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Are you serious? Legwand has been what was supposed to be one of are top players for the Nashville Predators since he has been here. You are kidding yourself if you think they have wanted him to be a mute bottom liner who clears the pucks out of the net in the pre-game. He has never got less minutes than a 1st or 2nd liner. You need to get your facts straight. With that said your bolded line means you agree with me. If you draft a guy in the top 5 and in your opinion he "rarely been on the "top line" then that is a problem.
Yeah, none of our forwards have ever gotten true "top line " minutes.

Fisher would be first on our team with 17:07 per game. League wide that would rank him 122nd among forwards.

Legwand's 16:11 would rank him tied for 157th, with Goc.

Let's check the previous full season...

Fisher 19:17 first on Nashville 53rd in the NHL (forwards only)
Legwand 18:31 2nd on Nashville 85th in the NHL

and that's probably our highest finishes ever.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:57 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yeah, none of our forwards have ever gotten true "top line " minutes.

Fisher would be first on our team with 17:07 per game. League wide that would rank him 122nd among forwards.

Legwand's 16:11 would rank him tied for 157th, with Goc.

Let's check the previous full season...

Fisher 19:17 first on Nashville 53rd in the NHL (forwards only)
Legwand 18:31 2nd on Nashville 85th in the NHL

and that's probably our highest finishes ever.
and unlike a lot of "first liners" both Fish and Leggy logged a bunch of PK time. which is, I think, a lot of the diff with Leggy this year, getting some PP time and generally only getting PK duty when we take a ton of penalties.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, I'd guess in es minutes alone, they're ranked much lower. I'll check that.

So Fisher would be tied with Rich Peverly for 123rd and Legwand, 167th.

On es time alone, Legwand is 5th on the team.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Point of order?

He was never going to be Lecavalier. The 50-goals for Plymouth in 1997-98 was an anomaly, because he was playing way over his talent level. Leggy could have been a regular 20-25 goal scorer with a team with more talent, had he been playing with some other squad than Nashville over the last 15 seasons. But he was never going to be this constant contender for the Richard Trophy or the Art Ross.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:21 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Legwand could very easily get a first at the deadline if Nashville is out of contention. Centers with speed and defensive acumen are pretty much always in high demand.

Problem is, replacing him might be an issue (for all his warts he's still a top nine center with speed and defensive acumen) because the UFA center market is perpetually bare. Stastny would break the bank and prolly isn't signing here anyway (especially if they miss the playoffs), and same goes for Steen. So if you trade Legwand you have to be confident in your ability to sign one of: Grabovski, Stajan, Bolland or Roy.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Legwand could very easily get a first at the deadline if Nashville is out of contention. Centers with speed and defensive acumen are pretty much always in high demand.

Problem is, replacing him might be an issue (for all his warts he's still a top nine center with speed and defensive acumen) because the UFA center market is perpetually bare. Stastny would break the bank and prolly isn't signing here anyway (especially if they miss the playoffs), and same goes for Steen. So if you trade Legwand you have to be confident in your ability to sign one of: Grabovski, Stajan, Bolland or Roy.
Isn't Ryan O' Reilly due a big pay raise ... due to the Feaster Offer Sheet?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Isn't Ryan O' Reilly due a big pay raise ... due to the Feaster Offer Sheet?
I don't really see how that changes Colorado's cap situation though. Staz/ROR will only represent a cap increase of ~4 mil because they already have 6.5 and 5 million cap hits, respectively. McGinn, depth defensemen, and Varlamov are the only players after that, and they have 12 million in cap space. I don't see Colorado hitting financial trouble.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 01:34 PM
CraigsGotHandles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
We should be actively shopping Ellis. There is NO place for him on this team with Josi and Jones.

C'mon Poile, get something for him before his value plummets to zero.
Ryan Ellis is a good hockey player, and there is absolutely a place for him. He is learning how to play/think the game in a way that has really cut down on the defensive liability resulting from his midget status. He is also starting to show flashes of some pretty strong offense from the blueline. He and Ekholm have looked great IMO, and if nothing changes, they both deserve extensions at the end of the season

I don't see how Josi and Jones make him irrelevant. Josi has scared us a bit with injuries so its not like he's a lock to have a long and great career, and Jones has made as many young player mistakes leading to goals this year as Ellis did when he was first playing in the NHL. Not to say that I don't have faith in either of those guys, (I'd be crazy not to like what I've seen from Jones) but ideally in a few years a defense of

Weber-Jones
Klein-Josi
Ellis-Ekholm

Would be very strong

CraigsGotHandles is offline   Reply With Quote