HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hold on to your beers, Hawks down Jets 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

vCash: 500
File the whole incident under "who cares."

Old
11-07-2013, 09:05 AM
ChiHawk21

Tell me we already have our playoff avatars in the works. That guys face is priiiiiceless

Can spin it off of the I AM thing the hawks are doing...

I AM the PARDY

Old
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I do too. I mean, if the Jets players had not made an issue and kept Pardy in there while Bollig was helping him up after a clean, solid hit this would have never happened.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Exactly.

It was a stupid thing to do but time to forget about it.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:11 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

Is the beer thing in a different video or did I just miss that part?
Cued up:

Old
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
This year, these are by far the most reserved, docile crowds I have seen since their was 5000 people in the stadium.
It was completely dead last night until this hit. There's far too many people not getting in when the period starts and then having to wait 3 minutes for a whistle, and then like 25% of the crowd was gone with 4-5:00 left.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Cued up:

I can't see why anyone on either side is worked about this. The helmet part at least is hilarious. The beer part probably belongs in Moose Jaw or Rockford, but still not the end of the world.

It's not like a Hawks fan did an elbow drop on Pardy.

It added a little spice to an otherwise boring game.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Iíve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, Iíd even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. Itís only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.
Agreed. I was being facetious. I've been pretty happy with Pirri's play on the second line.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:38 AM
hawkman

Quote:
It was completely dead last night until this hit. There's far too many people not getting in when the period starts and then having to wait 3 minutes for a whistle, and then like 25% of the crowd was gone with 4-5:00 left.
With greater success and rising ticket prices we're starting to get LA Laker type crowds. Come late and leave early.

11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Iíve been watching Pirri closely - He is still learning, had one shaky shift defensively that I saw - the rest of the game however he was good, Iíd even go so far as saying solid at both ends of the rink. Itís only a matter of time before Q gives him more ice time, especially when he snipes like he did on the breakaway. Kane and he have yet to find that chemistry, but defensively the line has not hurt us.
He got 16:10 last night. That's 6th among forwards. Without PK time, it's within 30 seconds of Saad. Can't really see more than that, unless he takes some PP time from Shaw, but they play very different roles on that so it won't happen.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:51 AM
RayP

This thread.

Oh this thread.

Old
11-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
I've never been to a game the Hawks were winning that emptied out like that. I went to the bathroom about 2 minutes after the game ended and didn't have to wait in line. That hasn't happened since the beginning of 07-08.

Old
11-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Sk8M8

vCash: 918
I thought both the beer and the helmet were pretty hilarious tbh . . . Pardy didn't seem worried at all about it later - seemed like he found it funny even. It might not have been so funny or passable if the two doing the deeds weren't so obviously drunk as skunks. And Pardy did end up getting his helmet back.

At least no one sucker punched Pardy or something similar . . . That would've been crossing the line. This was more funny.

Old
11-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Sk8M8

vCash: 918
Btw, haven't seen anyone mention Toews arm or hand . . . really hope it doesn't come out that its fractured or something and that he has to miss time. Jonathon seemed to play with pain long after the slash.

Old
11-07-2013, 10:30 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Not that I've heard. Seemed like he was just hurt, but not injured.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
11-07-2013, 10:42 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

16 minutes of ice time for Pirri surprises me. I didnít notice him much in the 1st period. Q likes to ease him into games, but maybe it indicates that Q is beginning to trust him more. However, I agree that he and Kane need to be split up. Opposition like Flames or Jets will not necessarily exploit any of our weaknesses but plenty of other teams can and will. Seems quite obvious, but knowing Q, he wonít make the change until we get burned or lose a few games. Toews and Kane together again is the easy solution Ė and sooner, rather than later. The upcoming schedule is not too bad Ė itís an ideal time to let Pirri settle into an established new line (and let Kane whittle away at his putrid plus/minus). Later in the month we go on our annual road trip. The team needs to be ready for a tough stretch of games.

Anyway, back to last nightís game. I suppose part of it was because they were dominating but I didnít find it boring at all and I was happy with the effort. Didnít mind Brookbank at wing either. Leddy seems much stronger on the puck these days, Hammer is solid and Oduya is not making those bone headed giveaways (knock on wood). Hossa seems to be rounding into top shape, Sharp is creating lotís of chances for himself, and itís looking more and more like we finally have a 2nd line center.

On the ugly side - I didnít appreciate the slashing and stick work from the Jets though, especially when the officials continue to ignore it. Iím getting a little annoyed that theyíll call a slash to an ops stick and then not call the dangerous ones to the hands and wrists. Both Toews and Saad were hacked pretty good out there. These need to be called Ė ignoring them is not good for the game.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Anyway, back to last nightís game. I suppose part of it was because they were dominating but I didnít find it boring at all and I was happy with the effort. Didnít mind Brookbank at wing either.

I shouldn't have used the term "boring." I enjoy watching us dominate.

It's just that the Jets don't feel like a threat in any way and I never felt like the game was ever in question. Usually, you can say "On any given night..." but the Jets have a ways to go before they'll be any threat to us.

Sometimes I need the fear of losing to get me engaged wholly in a game and this was just another day at the office.

As far as Brookbank, he did okay, but why put him in instead of Morin? The only thing I can think of is that Q is sending another of his "messages."

Old
11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Agreed. I'll take nice, boring games where a Hawks win is decided early over nail biters every day.

Leave tense games to ones where I don't have a horse in the race. As I always say, I always pull for the easy sweep for the Hawks in the playoffs and the seven game series with multiple OTs for everyone else.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
bulletwwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post

As far as Brookbank, he did okay, but why put him in instead of Morin? The only thing I can think of is that Q is sending another of his "messages."
Kitchen talked about that in between periods and said they wanted Rozy and Brookbank fresh since they had been sharing time and sitting some games. Considering we have a back to back every weekend this month I don't think it was a bad decision. Plus missing one game won't really hurt Morin.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
Kitchen talked about that in between periods and said they wanted Rozy and Brookbank fresh since they had been sharing time and sitting some games. Considering we have a back to back every weekend this month I don't think it was a bad decision. Plus missing one game won't really hurt Morin.

Now that you mention it...

I had forgotten that interview.

My bad.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:56 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Tell me we already have our playoff avatars in the works. That guys face is priiiiiceless

Can spin it off of the I AM thing the hawks are doing...

I AM the PARDY

Old
11-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.
Move him to forward and he wont kill Jets so much

He is big pylon out there

Old
11-07-2013, 12:17 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
16 minutes of ice time for Pirri surprises me. I didnít notice him much in the 1st period. Q likes to ease him into games, but maybe it indicates that Q is beginning to trust him more. However, I agree that he and Kane need to be split up.
I think part of that is because Kane always has the puck. When Kane plays with Jonny they seem to share it more. Pirri also seemed to have more of the puck in the first few games on the fourth line. I think you are right--maybe swap Hossa and Kane (although 10/19/81 had their best game yet last night so timing is not great). Early days though, and the right time to be finding out what combos work best.

Old
11-07-2013, 12:21 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
Based on their play so far, Smith has been every bit as good as Morin (better in my opinion). Morin has been fine, but if he wants that job he he is going to have to continue to earn it. The competition at third and fourth line right wing is very healthy.

Old
11-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
What would you give us for Dustin Byfuglien.

He is a little lazy & often out of position.
you still should play him as forward
Quote:
looks like you haven't watched closely enough then

Closed Thread