HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Martin Brodeur would consider waiving NTC

Old
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Betamax*
YOU MAD, BRO?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Marty's comments boil down to

I wont ask to be moved, unless Lou asks me to, for the good of the team

So he's going nowhere
I think it depends on other teams' interest level and most importantly, Marty's actual playing ability. If Marty is playing at a level that is a top 10 caliber goalie while still being a back-up to The Cory before the trade deadline, I can see his competitiveness and phone calls to Lou heating up that serious talks could occur that could lead to a trade to a Playoffs Contender.

However, if he's playing at a mediocre, average level, then yeah ... he's not going anywhere.

Betamax* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

I remember last time when Brodeur was rumoured to be traded for Semin. Looking back that may have been a good move for us, but I have no regrets. If he wants to go to a contender for one last chance at a cup, I would respect his wishes. I think he could get us a second rounder and a decent prospect. It's Marty ****ing Brodeur. Even if it's not the Marty of old. But if he stays I'll be more than happy either way.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:37 PM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

He's going to retire anyways. Why not trade and get something valuable for him. He can try and win a cup elsewhere one last time.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Pinkfloyd

It would depend on if he really wants to be a #1 elsewhere or if he is okay with backing up on a contender for a Cup celebration. There are plenty of teams that would be interested for the latter considering the cost likely wouldn't be much but would New Jersey even care to make a deal like that? I don't see a team that is contending for a playoff spot with goaltending issues that is going to believe Brodeur is the answer when he's not the #1 on a team that is not performing well.

I think at the end of the day NJ will keep him unless Brodeur asks out behind closed doors. In that light, he likely won't get the Devils much value but there will be plenty of teams interested. I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing Brodeur in a Sharks' sweater backing up Niemi but I doubt they have the ability to make that happen since Stalock is a very good backup with a future and they're tight on contracts.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:53 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
This has Hawks written all over it, just like his UFA. I don't think MB would want to play anywhere else anyway. He didn't even engage other teams last time, just Chicago and NJ.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Wizeman*

Can you name a team that is honestly going to give the devils anything at all for Brodeur.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 01:33 PM
ChiHawk21

khaby + B Prospect for Marty 1 mil retained salary

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

if not chicago, I could see Pitts going for both Brodeur and Jagr. It would be something for Jagr to go out of the league winning the cup in the jersey he belongs in.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If I thought he could be had for cheap I'd say Poile should go after him since Rinne is out for a couple of months. However, it seems like Lou would have to get a good enough offer to make him want to ask Marty to waive his NTC. We would have to clear cap space, too.

11-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Brodeur is one of those guys that shouldn't play in any other uniform.

Then again, so were Bourque, Modano, Sundin and Alfy

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote