HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...

Old
11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Billybaroo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
You're just assuming all of the negative answers. To be honest, I have no idea how much Lowe should be held accountable. That would take an in depth knowledge of the organization and how it works, what opportunities they passed up and etc.. Something I don't have so I don't start making assumptions.

I do know though that the players get certain amount of ice time and they are the actual ones playing.

Enough said.
But apparently you did have knowledge.
You were the one, despite massive evidence to the contrary that Lowes job was managing the sports empire, & not the hockey side of things

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknitty View Post
ok calgary guy, thanks for your illuminating input.
Do you not agree? Or do you think Lowe is rebuilding correctly?

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 11:57 AM
thinlizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
I can't believe they are still filming Oil Change
What an embarrassment.

No wonder the kids feel like they are stars already.
They are getting them ready for their next future careers behind the camera.

thinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Playa Hejda

vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Do you not agree? Or do you think Lowe is rebuilding correctly?
Of course he is doing it correctly. The right people have a plan and it's working just fine. They told us so.

Playa Hejda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:57 PM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
It would take 50 regulation losses this season.
Maybe Katz is tired of him and he is going to be allowed to retire.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 08:34 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Maybe Katz is tired of him and he is going to be allowed to retire.
And maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 05:32 PM
shizan

Quote:
You're just assuming all of the negative answers. To be honest, I have no idea how much Lowe should be held accountable. That would take an in depth knowledge of the organization and how it works, what opportunities they passed up and etc.. Something I don't have so I don't start making assumptions.

I do know though that the players get certain amount of ice time and they are the actual ones playing.

Enough said.
Your such a clown. Your the one who was claiming personal knowledge to what was being said between Lowe and Katz to call someones post "ignorant". Everyone in the thread seems to realize who is ignorant. Or are you one of those guys who thinks he knows everything and everyone is wrong?

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
And maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
So the secret is out, eh Comrade.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:58 PM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizan View Post
Your such a clown. Your the one who was claiming personal knowledge to what was being said between Lowe and Katz to call someones post "ignorant". Everyone in the thread seems to realize who is ignorant. Or are you one of those guys who thinks he knows everything and everyone is wrong?
Sorry I said something you don't agree with. I'll try not to do that in the future.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Sorry I said something you don't agree with. I'll try not to do that in the future.
But were you not suggesting you knew what Lowes real job was?

Old
11-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Trizent

Quote:
Kevin Lowe isn't the one organizing the on ice product of the Edmonton Oilers. HE is organizing the sports business of Katz.

What don't people understand about this. Lowe said he wanted out and Katz gave him the out by pushing him up.

Stop blaming Lowe for the Oilers, it just makes you look ignorant.
What is KLowe doing in NY scouting with MacT if he isn't involved in hockey decisions? Why did KLowe approach Steve Smith to be an assistant coach with the Oilers (as told by Steve Smith on Oil Change in his first year as assistant coach)?

Trizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizent View Post
What is KLowe doing in NY scouting with MacT if he isn't involved in hockey decisions? Why did KLowe approach Steve Smith to be an assistant coach with the Oilers (as told by Steve Smith on Oil Change in his first year as assistant coach)?
The vast amount of hockey-related decisions Lowe is involved in should be plain as day to anybody. I can't believe people on here are still trying to defend him with claims to the contrary.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
The vast amount of hockey-related decisions Lowe is involved in should be plain as day to anybody. I can't believe people on here are still trying to defend him with claims to the contrary.
He is basically, along with Pres of Hockey Ops, co-manager of the Oilers.

now, I agree that the firing of Renney and subsequent Kruger hiring was a Tambo decision, and Lowe simply supported it. The same can be said with the Kruger firing/Eakins hiring. but, Lowe hired Tambo (his buddy from Hockey Canada), then he hired Mact (his other buddy). He has never conducted much in the way of interviews for any of these important positions.

to suggest that Lowe isn't culpable for this mess is a case of self-delusion gone amok.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 07:24 PM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
But were you not suggesting you knew what Lowes real job was?
I merely remember that Lowe was out of here unless he got a job where he didn't have to answer for performance...

I guess hes not so lucky.

Personally, when considering bad on ice performance, I would look at the bounces, then the players, then the coaches, then the GM and then I would look at Lowe.

I notice fans all want Lowes head, but really hes just doing what everyone here thought was a good idea. Playing rookies and watching great goals. For instance, the Nuge is scoring up a storm... and hes only -9 right now.

You either want to watch rookies play, or you support your older players when they are given all of the hard ice to play. Fans around here want to do neither.

Truth is, Im tired of losing, but Im a lot more tired of listening to fans lash out at the team.

Last edited by AM: 11-07-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old
11-07-2013, 07:29 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
I merely remember that Lowe was out of here unless he got a job where he didn't have to answer for performance...

I guess hes not so lucky.
You should give it up man. I agree with most of what you post about Lowe. Thing is, for some fans Lowe has attained lightning rod status. No matter what they will blame Lowe. We recently had posters making the suggestion that Lowe should be fired because the Oilers signed an incompetent backup in Labarbera.

Little point in discussion with folks who have let their hatred get to that extreme, so save yourself the grief.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 11:43 PM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
You should give it up man. I agree with most of what you post about Lowe. Thing is, for some fans Lowe has attained lightning rod status. No matter what they will blame Lowe. We recently had posters making the suggestion that Lowe should be fired because the Oilers signed an incompetent backup in Labarbera.

Little point in discussion with folks who have let their hatred get to that extreme, so save yourself the grief.
Youre right, I should give up... especially after the game tonight.

Lowe should have known that Yak was going not pay the price to get the puck out of the zone and that Eberle was going to juggle the puck with Stamkos on him.

He should have phoned Eakins before the game and had them sat.

Because that's what good "head of hockey operations" do.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:54 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Whattya guys talking about! Lowe only stamps files, signs cheques and pushes papers! Maybe Six Cups offers his expertise here and there, but surely he's not a decision maker!

Surely...

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:16 AM
stickguy

Quote:

Lowe should have known that Yak was going not pay the price to get the puck out of the zone and that Eberle was going to juggle the puck with Stamkos on him.

You honestly believe that someone with an ego like Lowe isnt involved in the on ice hockey decisions...wow!

stickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Billybaroo*

Quote:

I thought you said that Lowe takes care of ALL of Katz's Sports Empire, & really has nothing to do with the Oilers

Old
11-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Qrispy

Quote:

Well, at least Lowe is probably smart enough not to blame the wrong guys when plays go awry.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:19 AM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
I thought you said that Lowe takes care of ALL of Katz's Sports Empire, & really has nothing to do with the Oilers
Just go read it, there's a button at the top of the page.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Just go read it, there's a button at the top of the page.
Kevin Lowe isn't the one organizing the on ice product of the Edmonton Oilers. HE is organizing the sports business of Katz. "

But he's Head of Hockey Operations.
But he hasn't been a key player in making this team a laughingstock, & shouldn't be accountable cause he's not a player or a coach.
Unbelievable

Old
11-08-2013, 02:53 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:

Ok, so there were some on-ice goats in tonight's game. If that was the extent of it, you would have a point.

But next game there'll be other on-ice goats. And the game after that there'll be still other on-ice goats. More games than not, the Oilers have too many goats, and not enough heroes who step up to make the big play at the right time.

It's been that way for more games than not for the past 7 years.

And at some point you have to look at it and ask why it is that this team has so many goats and not enough heroes. Every year, we have too many goats and not enough heroes.

The management group that puts all these goats on the ice year after year has to be held accountable.

It's not about Kevin Lowe calling up Dallas Eakins and telling him to do this or that. It's about Kevin Lowe failing to run a competent operation. We don't have the right personnel on the ice. We don't acquire the right players in trades. We have glaring holes that never get filled. That's not Yakupov's fault and it's not Eakins' fault either. The management group is supposed to acquire the players to make a winning team. They have done a terrible job of it. King Comb-Over has to take responsibility for that.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:

We have ****** players. The GM acquired the ****** players. The players underperform due to ****** coaches.

Who employs all of them? Kevin Lowe. Why have we been plagued by bad coaches and bad GMs for years on end? Because Kevin keeps hiring idiots/buddies to fill those rolls.

To say the guy who runs the entire organization can't be held accountable for the poor performances of all those below him on the totem pole is probably the most absurd argument I've seen on here yet.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:39 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
Agreed. Until any of us wins 6 rings, it's unfair of us to comment.
none of us will ever play with the players Lowe did either. the writing has got to be on the wall by now. given the history of burke and lowe, having burke in Calgary is slowly turning me into a flame fan.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote