HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16 KINGS vs. SABRES - 11/7/13, Shut Out Victory 2-0 !!!

Old
11-08-2013, 06:04 AM
stonedhenge

vCash: 500
Dustin Brown has to be the biggest turnover machine in hockey.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:03 AM
damacles1156

Trevor Lewis still has not recorded a point this season.

If you include the playoff's last year, its going on 23 games without recording a single point.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:12 AM
MynameisKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Trevor Lewis still has not recorded a point this season.

If you include the playoff's last year, its going on 23 games without recording a single point.
I wonder has there ever been a player who averages about 15 min of TOI record zero points for an entire 82 game season. TL could be the first guy ever to do it!

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

About time we had a Shut Out

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
I wonder has there ever been a player who averages about 15 min of TOI record zero points for an entire 82 game season. TL could be the first guy ever to do it!
For a player like Lewis you do not measure him by points scored. Lewis is an energy guy and someone we all know shines in the playoffs. That said it is a mystery on why he goes long stretches without scoring in the regular season.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz346 View Post
Oh gee, I'm so sorry for voicing my opinion, even though it disagreed with your's I'll try to check with you the next time before I post.
That's a good plan!

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
For a player like Lewis you do not measure him by points scored. Lewis is an energy guy and someone we all know shines in the playoffs. That said it is a mystery on why he goes long stretches without scoring in the regular season.
Saving it for the playoffs like the rest of LA. It's a team strategy

Old
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
That's a good plan!
Can I get cc on those too? Just for Quality Control Purposes.

Old
11-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Can I get cc on those too? Just for Quality Control Purposes.
Yes and I will also be sure to put the new cover page on my tps reports

Old
11-08-2013, 09:17 AM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
And then score two in Stanley cup clinching game...

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Ollie Weeks

Until Lewis can't score timely goals in the playoffs I wouldn't even consider turfing him. He's a good utility shovel and he will never break the bank.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:01 AM
bloggerfanthe*

If TT is sent down for a grinder to play I will lose my mind.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Until Lewis can't score timely goals in the playoffs I wouldn't even consider turfing him. He's a good utility shovel and he will never break the bank.

I have a feeling that lewis is just going to keep growing and growing as a player

Old
11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Anyone watching Kings Weekly? Seeing how the team treated the kid from Make A Wish, Tyler, and his family, really hits home how amazingly nice and approachable hockey players are.
Got a link Ziggy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Flyers games are early Feb and middle of March. Might be a whole new roster in Philly by then.

And there is a rumor that the Panthers have had talks with Lavvy. Not that it's shock, they are struggling and he's available.
Well, with Dineen out they will be calling him for sure for at least an interview. Don't see anyone working in Florida though until Tallon is gone. The problem might be even further up the chain than him, but Tallon has done a brutal job in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzinga View Post
So last year, Brown-Kopitar-Williams was by far the best possession line in the NHL. with Williams being the best possession player in the league, Kopitar #2 and Brown #4.

this year, even with Brown being useless, Williams and Kopitar are yet again #1 and 2 in the league respectively.

http://www.extraskater.com/players/on-ice?season=2013

Williams has to be 1 of, if not the best contract in the league. Coming into this year, he was second overall slightly behind Datsyuk in Corsi since it has been recorded, but he may be ahead now

And people wanted Kopitar traded. Palm to the face
And some wanted Williams gone for Semin. Some fans have no clue what they have in Williams. I was critical of the trade to get Williams at the time, but DL absolutely fleeced Edmonton/Carolina in that deal. Grand Theft Lombardi.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Are you SURE that puck even touched Kopi's stick??? It looked almost as if it went under the stick...hit his skate and fluttered in...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

I am not worried about Brown, like Kopitar, he either seems to be very hot or very cold. Right now he is Andre 3000 ice cold

Old
11-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Whiskeypete

for a first game i thought Vey did well. the coaches sheltered him and DS' comments support this. i was hoping to see more of him later in the game 5 on 5, but understand why he wasn't out there.

he had one shift in particular that he looked good out there. had a nice cycle down low, made a dangle or two, cycled into a new zone, etc. it was nice to see some skill with puck on the bottom line.

TT looked good also, personally i think the kid is trying to prove the doubters and is about to bust out. he has to much skill to keep down and this team desperately needs what he has.

watched both Muzz and Amart quite a bit. Muzz had his usual brain farts, coughed up pucks and such. AMart i noticed also a few times where he lost his man for a brief second. both guys are showing mistakes honestly. at this point it's experience, coaching and game time. they both need it and until they get it, they will each struggle with the small things. proof? AMart when he was in the line up all the time looked very good. give him and Muzz this consistency and they will both prosper

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
I am not worried about Brown, like Kopitar, he either seems to be very hot or very cold. Right now he is Andre 3000 ice cold
Every time I read one of your one-liners, I feel like I'm lurking over at LGK. But hey, 16k of posts in 6 years is impressive.

I agree with you on Brown, unfortunately he's more cold than hot. Someone needs to stir up the rumor mill to wake this dude up.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Every time I read one of your one-liners, I feel like I'm lurking over at LGK. But hey, 16k of posts in 6 years is impressive.

I agree with you on Brown, unfortunately he's more cold than hot. Someone needs to stir up the rumor mill to wake this dude up.
Unfortunately only 14 of those posts were funny

Old
11-08-2013, 12:28 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post

watched both Muzz and Amart quite a bit. Muzz had his usual brain farts, coughed up pucks and such. AMart i noticed also a few times where he lost his man for a brief second. both guys are showing mistakes honestly. at this point it's experience, coaching and game time. they both need it and until they get it, they will each struggle with the small things. proof? AMart when he was in the line up all the time looked very good. give him and Muzz this consistency and they will both prosper
I agree. I think A-Mart would look very good if he was in the line up regularly. Bouncing in and out (mostly out) doesn't do any good for him.

I wonder what he did to get into Sutter's doghouse. He was brilliant in the 2012 playoffs, and really battled injuries last year. Does Sutter just figure we need Muzzin's offense that much?

That all said, I think Muzzin is like a young Dan Boyle. Bigger, not as fleet on his skates as Boyle, but similar pros and cons at that age. Boyle was off and on offensively but wasn't very strong defensively. Florida gave up on his to early, I'd hate to see us make the same mistake. For the rest of this year, I'm fine with the way the D is set up. I'd ideally like to see us replace this Regehr with a 2007 version of himself, that'd improve things a lot I think.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I must have missed those

Old
11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
I think 13 of those might have been mine...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I agree. I think A-Mart would look very good if he was in the line up regularly. Bouncing in and out (mostly out) doesn't do any good for him.

I wonder what he did to get into Sutter's doghouse. He was brilliant in the 2012 playoffs, and really battled injuries last year. Does Sutter just figure we need Muzzin's offense that much?

That all said, I think Muzzin is like a young Dan Boyle. Bigger, not as fleet on his skates as Boyle, but similar pros and cons at that age. Boyle was off and on offensively but wasn't very strong defensively. Florida gave up on his to early, I'd hate to see us make the same mistake. For the rest of this year, I'm fine with the way the D is set up. I'd ideally like to see us replace this Regehr with a 2007 version of himself, that'd improve things a lot I think.
to me Muzz's offense isn't anything special. the one thing he is doing the other D aren't is getting pucks through and on the net. this is the one skill the rest of the D corp needs to learn from Muzz. he simply takes what the other team gives him. to many guys league wide are looking for the big shot to often. just get some good twisted wristers down on net through traffic. the quick wristers in traffic cause all kinds of problems with rebounds, collapsed scrambling defense, etc. setting up a D man for the one timer is often times easier for a keeper to prep for. the puck/pass progression from player to player will let a goalie setup for a point shot. where as quick wristers coming through traffic will often times catch them and the D unaware.

the two areas i see Muzz always struggling with are breakouts and offensive zone turnovers. he isn't making the same amount of poor reads and pinches on the offensive blue line, but the guy seems to have butterfingers to often trying to hold the puck in. his break out passes sometimes are just blatant panic attempts.

AMart in his end right now is plagued with letting his guy get away from him. to me that is a combo of bad reads due to little real game time. his intincts and reads are slightly slow, which is allowing guys to get a step on him.

both guys i think are struggling with confidence issues. they are both young and learning, then factor in both having a short leash on them i guarantee they are worried about F'ing up and getting benched. young guys struggle with this and only with time will they gain the confidence to overcome it.

i wish they would play these two in a rotation with RR. give the two kids more time to mature, while protecting RR for the long haul. come March-April + the team will need all three of them to be at the top of their game and to me this would benefit all three

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 11-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
The point is, even the really good "energy guys" produce offense every once in a while. Think about it this way, if Lewis is so good defensively, and he's such a shut down guy, wouldn't we expect him to create turnovers that would lead to offensive scoring chances? Does he just shut guys down with his stellar defensive play and the puck just shoots to the corner? Me personally, I'm all for having guys that are good defensively, but his enemic offensive production is just awful. Boggles the mind how some give this guy a free pass when he has pretty much ZERO impact on one end of the rink. Let's be real here, Trevor Lewis will not be receiving a nomination for the Selke Trophy anytime soon.

HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
The point is, even the really good "energy guys" produce offense every once in a while. Think about it this way, if Lewis is so good defensively, and he's such a shut down guy, wouldn't we expect him to create turnovers that would lead to offensive scoring chances?
Like he did here?