HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#16 New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | November 7th | F/L 1-0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2013, 01:26 AM
  #551
PK Cronin
HFB Partner
 
PK Cronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Don't know bout anyone else but I would take CAR's Harrison and Bellemore in a heartbeat...

Their big, physical, and were playing hard...
I thought the same thing! Then questioned it by saying to myself, 'Are they really this good or do they look this good because they are playing us?"

PK Cronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 05:22 AM
  #552
12Dog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Don't know bout anyone else but I would take CAR's Harrison and Bellemore in a heartbeat...

Their big, physical, and were playing hard...
But Garth went out and handed roster spots to those 2 ultra talented, hard working free agents Regin and Bouchard.

12Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 06:34 AM
  #553
camper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Don't know bout anyone else but I would take CAR's Harrison and Bellemore in a heartbeat...

Their big, physical, and were playing hard...

You send your pile driver in 1st on the for check..and see how these Big physical guys stop handling the puck…..looking over their shoulders….they will turn over pucks

Whats changed and why the 4th line is not.. so called clicking….is actually simple they have the smallest of the bunch in on the for check 1st? How are you going to loosen up their big D when you send in a tack hammer instead of the sludge hammer.

The line was great when they knew their roles..now you got everyone thinking they are the big hitter ….Martin should be in 1st on any and all for check…..with the others picking up the remains after his hits…..not the reverse we are seeing now…

Turnovers galore were being accomplished …..plus their D did not want to handle the puck much anymore after a few meeting with #17 in the corners….it all spells victory when it counts later in games….

lastly…you will never win a game giving the first line 22-25 mins TOI…..they did the last two games………past years they also did and it caused many loses.

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 06:39 AM
  #554
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh
 
Mr Wentworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,976
vCash: 500
...and...

The Isles played flat last night.

So, what does Cappy do while he team is sleepwalking? He keeps the lines the same.

No changes to try to spark something, just the same old same old same old.....

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:07 AM
  #555
12Dog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post
...and...

The Isles played flat last night.

So, what does Cappy do while he team is sleepwalking? He keeps the lines the same.

No changes to try to spark something, just the same old same old same old.....
Because he is in over his head. Has no answers.

12Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:11 AM
  #556
periferal
Registered User
 
periferal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talain View Post
Good night everyone. When I wake up, Jack had better have hit the road. Or else I am probably going to start throwing things
Start warming up your arm...

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
  #557
CaptDenisPotvin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
So we play a team thats scored an average of 1 goal a game over the last 6 games. With our shotty defense we still hold them to their 1 goal but dont score at all?? Team is in trouble

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:20 AM
  #558
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
Not to make this any worse then it is, but have we beaten Kirk Mullers Hurricanes yet?

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:33 AM
  #559
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 500
I would have called a timeout late in the game when they were on the PP. There was 1:15 left on the PP and the top line was on the bench, should have called a timeout to draw up a play and give the players rest so they can go back out there.

Canes barely had any scoring chances, neither did the Islanders considering they could never hit the net. Very flat game and not surprising when Capuano is the head coach. I liked Nelson's game last night, much better than previous games. Please move Grabner up the to the 2nd line already.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:01 AM
  #560
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh
 
Mr Wentworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post
...and...

The Isles played flat last night.

So, what does Cappy do while he team is sleepwalking? He keeps the lines the same.

No changes to try to spark something, just the same old same old same old.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Dog View Post
Because he is in over his head. Has no answers.
All jokes aside; Changing lines would've been something, right? An attempt to jump start the team, right?

Why can we see that but he doesn't? Is that that dense? If he is truly over his head, and we can see things/suggest basics such as changing the lines instead of sticking with what isn't working....its just mind-boggling.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:44 AM
  #561
Poulin 0n My St1ck
Registered User
 
Poulin 0n My St1ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Not to make this any worse then it is, but have we beaten Kirk Mullers Hurricanes yet?
I was wondering the same thing.

My gf and I were in the city celebrating our anniversary last night and we completely forgot that the Isles played (although, it doesn't sound like they did).

Can someone please tell me why we couldn't put at least ONE shot past their scrub goalie?

The only thing I've heard about the game to this point is the guys were missing the net the whole night. Newsday is useless, so I won't waste my time reading Staple's crap for a recap.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:49 AM
  #562
BTrotts19
Registered User
 
BTrotts19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulin 0n My St1ck View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

My gf and I were in the city celebrating our anniversary last night and we completely forgot that the Isles played (although, it doesn't sound like they did).

Can someone please tell me why we couldn't put at least ONE shot past their scrub goalie?

The only thing I've heard about the game to this point is the guys were missing the net the whole night. Newsday is useless, so I won't waste my time reading Staple's crap for a recap.
Hickey had the best opportunity-wide open net but didn't bury it. You didn't miss much.

BTrotts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:52 AM
  #563
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulin 0n My St1ck View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

My gf and I were in the city celebrating our anniversary last night and we completely forgot that the Isles played (although, it doesn't sound like they did).

Can someone please tell me why we couldn't put at least ONE shot past their scrub goalie?

The only thing I've heard about the game to this point is the guys were missing the net the whole night. Newsday is useless, so I won't waste my time reading Staple's crap for a recap.
Your answer is the bold. They been missing the net so much on their great scoring chances, this has been a problem for a while now.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:57 AM
  #564
rikker
fan since '75.
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
i thought that ANess would bring a hole new dimension to the offence, but i was wrong.

seriously, Ness and Poulin inserted = making some changes to stir it up. i agreed with the moves, but what seems to be seriously lacking is grit in front of our net, and gritty forwards willing to go to the front of their net. fluffy forwards are ok on the PP, but we NEED some grit on the top two lines.

as much as Gutch makes some serious errors, he has some wisdom. i agree with him, when he said that they didn't seem to be playing with urgency.

something is wrong in the lockeroom.

maybe JT feeling overwhelmed?

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:04 AM
  #565
Poulin 0n My St1ck
Registered User
 
Poulin 0n My St1ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Your answer is the bold. They been missing the net so much on their great scoring chances, this has been a problem for a while now.
Maybe Ryan Strome can teach guys like PMB and Grabner how to hit the net

Poulin 0n My St1ck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:07 AM
  #566
Poulin 0n My St1ck
Registered User
 
Poulin 0n My St1ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
i thought that ANess would bring a hole new dimension to the offence, but i was wrong.

seriously, Ness and Poulin inserted = making some changes to stir it up. i agreed with the moves, but what seems to be seriously lacking is grit in front of our net, and gritty forwards willing to go to the front of their net. fluffy forwards are ok on the PP, but we NEED some grit on the top two lines.

as much as Gutch makes some serious errors, he has some wisdom. i agree with him, when he said that they didn't seem to be playing with urgency.

something is wrong in the lockeroom.

maybe JT feeling overwhelmed?
I sense there is something up in the locker room too, but I don't think it's amongst the players. I think their coach has lost them. They need a good, swift kick in their collective a$$.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:12 PM
  #567
JJmcD
The Power Of Love
 
JJmcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post
All jokes aside; Changing lines would've been something, right? An attempt to jump start the team, right?

Why can we see that but he doesn't? Is that that dense? If he is truly over his head, and we can see things/suggest basics such as changing the lines instead of sticking with what isn't working....its just mind-boggling.
And if I remember correctly, in the beginning of the game Howie mentioned that Capuano was not happy with how they've been playing and if they didn't show a significant improvement in the first period he would the change the lines. I'm glad he saw a significant improvement, because I sure as hell didn't...

That being said, they're were positives in the game. Poulin looked good...two straight starts only one goal allowed in each. Defense looked good....Ness was better than I expected.

First three lines looked terrible, but I'll chalk it up to Carolina having the Isles number. Islanders have won games against Boston and Pittsburgh, so for now I'm going to stay positive.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:16 PM
  #568
PK Cronin
HFB Partner
 
PK Cronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
The players might have figured out that the 'system' and style that Capuano wants them to play just doesn't work consistently. They don't seem to be on the same page at all with the coach.

PK Cronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.