HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Would you trade Hendricks for Tootoo?

Old
11-07-2013, 11:26 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Would you trade Hendricks for Tootoo?

I know it wont happen because Detroit wants to shed salary but since everyone seems pretty disappointed in Hendricks would you take Toots in his place?

I dont think I would... I still think Hendricks will end up better than he has been so far.. but thought this might be fun to discuss

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I know it wont happen because Detroit wants to shed salary but since everyone seems pretty disappointed in Hendricks would you take Toots in his place?

I dont think I would... I still think Hendricks will end up better than he has been so far.. but thought this might be fun to discuss
Not a chance in hell

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 05:49 AM
NoNecksCurse

i would. nothing based on hockey. solely entertainment purposes

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Preds33

Nope, not because I would rather have Hendricks but really neither belong on this team.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 07:03 AM
glenngineer

I would so other other teams wouldn't take cheap shots like downie and McGinn have done. If they know Tootoo is around they either have to fight him or know he's going to check one of their guys real hard.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:06 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Yep, Trotz is charging us an "entertainment tax" but we need him for that.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:12 AM
PFL615

No Toots had his chance to stay here and got greedy. I would like to tradd Hendricks for another Nystrom like though

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Infinite Jest

vCash: 50
Hendricks is a better hockey player than Tootoo, I'll take the better hockey player over the sideshow.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Adz

No. After the things Toots said, whether accurate or not, there would have to be some hard feelings between him and the coach. That could rub off on other players. I wish him well, but his time here is over.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
deanwormer

Clune is Toots, not Hendricks; we expect Hendricks to actually play hockey

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Clune is Toots, not Hendricks; we expect Hendricks to actually play hockey
We just don't know when that will happen...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
I would stick with Hendricks and while he hasn't played up to what we would like to see, it is a very small sample size when looking at the big picture.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:53 AM
JamestheSame

What did too too say?

JamestheSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:08 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Hendricks is more talented, able to play in more situations and positions, and is effectively filling his 4th line role.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:18 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

As much as we all like to bash Hendricks, he's a reliable penalty killer and an asset to the team. Tootoo never really found a niche that would warrant the pay or ice time he is looking for.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 10:31 AM
thecloser

i don't want either one of them. I want a Shawn Thornton or Frazer McLaren.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamestheSame View Post
What did too too say?
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...althy-scratch/

“You can practice all you want, but at the end of the day it’s about playing the games and showing up and doing the right things and just being a professional about it,” Tootoo said. “For me, (expletive), you can only get bag-skated so much and mentally it’s (expletive), it’s straining, it’s frustrating.”

“When you get shut down and told you’re not playing, it (expletive) burns,” Tootoo said. “After doing everything right, it just (expletive). … I’m (ticked) off because I’m not able to do what I love to do and that’s playing the game.”

Old
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...althy-scratch/

“You can practice all you want, but at the end of the day it’s about playing the games and showing up and doing the right things and just being a professional about it,” Tootoo said. “For me, (expletive), you can only get bag-skated so much and mentally it’s (expletive), it’s straining, it’s frustrating.”

“When you get shut down and told you’re not playing, it (expletive) burns,” Tootoo said. “After doing everything right, it just (expletive). … I’m (ticked) off because I’m not able to do what I love to do and that’s playing the game.”
So it sounds like a guy who was frustrated. Let's think about the circumstances around the situation. Play hard all year to help the team be in the playoffs and be a favorite on top of it. The team goes out and acquires guys at the deadline to take your spot on the roster of a team you helped get to that point in the season. Then get sat in the playoffs for 2 guys who put themselves above the team and stayed out past curfew. I think I'd be pretty ticked if I did everything the coach asked me to do too. If I gave my all to the team to be replaced by guys who weren't there all year busting their tails and then I'm told, hey, we're going to play these new guys, thanks for all the hard work but these guys are going to help us achieve are end goals, you bet I'd say something. People can look at it as he's being childish or it could've been handled differently but not knowing what was going on behind closed doors we come to our own conclusions without all the facts. From what his quotes are plus seeing what happened from this side of it, I have no qualms about what he said. Others obviously see it differently. I still think we miss his type of grit and being able to protect his teammates from dirty play. You think Tootoo would've let Downie walk away from him on the ice? What about McGinn? I bet neither do that with him on the bench or on the ice. The grit and sandpaper we added certainly didn't stop it happening to Jones this time in Colorado.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Iron Duke

Only problem was, Tootoo was not doing everything the coaches asked him to. He still took bad and untimely penalties, and was a very poor decision-maker with the puck. The effort may have been there, but the expected results and performance were not. In a playoff-type situation, he was not a player worth playing when considering the risks in his game.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Adz

Note I originally said "whether accurate or not"...the reality is he mouthed off in public about the decision(s) of the coach, using much profanity in the process. He's Jordin Tootoo, professional pest--he's not an elite player and simply didn't have enough clout to pull it off. There's a reason why players are taught to say the same old thing over and over again. We gripe about the cliché'd statements but most players' jobs include sucking it up and saying those clichés, despite the circumstances. He didn't and once it's out there you can't really come back from that. He burned his bridges.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Privy
Unregistered User

Trade Hendricks, trade for Tootoo (try to make the Wings retain a little of his salary) and try to sign Bryzgalov for $1-$1.5 million.

If Nashville can get at least a little of the old Tootoo back, then he's worth it. He'll hit, fight and get the team and crowd going. With Tootoo, Clune, Gaustad and Nystrom you would have plenty of grit. If Trotz would let them off the leash they could help stop the cheap hits.

As for Bryzgalov... if Rinne is out until January/February then I wouldn't want to ride Hutton the entire way. Tippet's system is close to Trotz's. Bryzgalov could excel and be good trade bait when Rinne returns and is 100% healthy.

Privy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
As much as we all like to bash Hendricks, he's a reliable penalty killer and an asset to the team. Tootoo never really found a niche that would warrant the pay or ice time he is looking for.
Joking aside this is the truth.

Hendricks hits, mabybe not as much as Tootoo but he does hit, he does fight and he also kills penalties, something Tootoo cannot do.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I would do it just for the future. Tootoo does not have a 4 year contract.

I would also say Tootoo is better offensively but not defensively so really its a wash for the better player.

As for what Tootoo was saying, look at how he was treated in Detroit. I think he will be fine coming back here and having a talk with Trotz.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'd rather the roster have Tootoo than Hendricks, but it's a lesser of two evils. I'd also rather have him just to not have Hendricks for the next 4 years

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Hendricks is more useful and doesn't come with the attitude problems. Easy choice.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote