HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flyers and Panthers shakeup trade

Old
11-06-2013, 08:03 AM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
How long do the Panthers need to"rebuild" ?????? They've been doing that for what, 15 years????
Well the Panthers had the misfortune of having a new GM/coach/philosophy and cheap owner(s) over since Wayne stripped the team when he sold them.

Rushing young guys in, being too cheap to sign legit top 6/top 4 guys to help mentor the young guys and help improve the team.

Poor drafting under previous GMs and bad development causes the team to be in a constant loop of mediocrity.

Tallon isn't the almighty savior, but it's been a while since we had at least stability in the FO and staying somewhat on track for the "blueprint".

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:05 AM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

Huberdeau is off limits. Enough said.

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:31 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
How long do the Panthers need to"rebuild" ?????? They've been doing that for what, 15 years????
If you keep putting in a poor foundation and the walls keep falling down when you try to put the roof on, you need to keep trying to rebuild.

This is the first time in 13 years that I have seen a Panther GM actually put in a solid foundation. As a STH, the entire time, it has not been easy but the truth is that the Panthers remain in rebuild mode, that we will likely have a top 3 pick, and that adding Wayne ********ing Gretsky would not get us into the playoffs with our current record, our woeful defense and shaky goal tending.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Well the Panthers had the misfortune of having a new GM/coach/philosophy and cheap owner(s) over since Wayne stripped the team when he sold them.

Rushing young guys in, being too cheap to sign legit top 6/top 4 guys to help mentor the young guys and help improve the team.

Poor drafting under previous GMs and bad development causes the team to be in a constant loop of mediocrity.

Tallon isn't the almighty savior, but it's been a while since we had at least stability in the FO and staying somewhat on track for the "blueprint".
Good, I'm happy for the Panthers and no there isn't any sarcasm in that statement. I get upset when I see teams always in"rebuild" mode. Their fans DESERVE better from management. I'm glad you guys are going in the right direction. If I'm tired of alwayshhearing "next year" then I can't imagine what their actual fans are feeling.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:35 AM
phlocky

As I said, it's not a deal either team would make and probably more important it's a move that neither team SHOULD make.

Old
11-06-2013, 09:27 AM
phlocky

This is the type of deal that makes both teams worse now and in the long run

Old
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
demarco46

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha ahahahahahahahaha

demarco46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Good, I'm happy for the Panthers and no there isn't any sarcasm in that statement. I get upset when I see teams always in"rebuild" mode. Their fans DESERVE better from management. I'm glad you guys are going in the right direction. If I'm tired of alwayshhearing "next year" then I can't imagine what their actual fans are feeling.
See, I don't understand that. I couldn't care less how some other team's rebuild is going. If it's going bad, that's their problem. If it's going good, good for them. I certainly don't see why people take some others teams.... anything, so personally.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
FrolikFan67

how about kulikov for simmonds?

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:12 AM
rockit2112

How about something along the line of Florida's unprotected 1st rounder this year, 2nd, Howden and/or Shore, and a roster player for Giroux? Obviously add some pieces to even out the swap but I think that works for both teams.

rockit2112 is offline   Reply With Quote