HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Oilers Positivity Thread!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2013, 09:50 PM
  #126
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Arcebello is the king of smurffs! That's not a negative!

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  #127
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Arcebello is the king of smurffs! That's not a negative!
Nostradamus is at it again!

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  #128
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,559
vCash: 500
Positivity. Our defense isn't as bad as the Sabres?


Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM
  #129
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Positivity. Our defense isn't as bad as the Sabres?

That can't be legit...

someone needs to Shinobi edit that pic.


Last edited by AlowlyOilersfan: 11-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.
AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
  #130
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
That can't be legit...
True story.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/1...d-moment-more/

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #131
shogun99
Registered User
 
shogun99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Positivity. Our defense isn't as bad as the Sabres?

This has to be photoshopped. Even 12 year old's don't do that.

shogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 10:14 PM
  #132
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
This has to be photoshopped. Even 12 year old's don't do that.
Practicing for short track speed skating.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 11:14 PM
  #133
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
i dont see where they mention that picture.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:15 AM
  #134
RisingSun
Registered User
 
RisingSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 50
Here's something interesting I think will happen. You know how right now the popular crop of elite young d-men is Karlsson, Subban, Pietrangelo and OEL. The popular 4 right now.
I think the new batch of fab 4 defensmen could possibly be: Jones, Nurse, Ekblad, Brodin. Could be awesome that Oilers could have 2/4. (Yeah we're probably going to draft Ekblad....not so positive lol.)

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 12:45 AM
  #135
PavelDatsyuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Here's something interesting I think will happen. You know how right now the popular crop of elite young d-men is Karlsson, Subban, Pietrangelo and OEL. The popular 4 right now.
I think the new batch of fab 4 defensmen could possibly be: Jones, Nurse, Ekblad, Brodin. Could be awesome that Oilers could have 2/4. (Yeah we're probably going to draft Ekblad....not so positive lol.)
And it could just as easily be Trouba, Lindholm, Murray, Brodin, so its nothing but hoping for the best. Nurse has proven zero compared to 10+ other young dmen in the league

PavelDatsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 01:06 AM
  #136
RisingSun
Registered User
 
RisingSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelDatsyuk View Post
And it could just as easily be Trouba, Lindholm, Murray, Brodin, so its nothing but hoping for the best. Nurse has proven zero compared to 10+ other young dmen in the league
Nurse has been showing some serious developmental signs that resembles the original 4 defenseman I mentioned, I bet anything he'll be a serious force in this league in 3 years tops.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 07:41 AM
  #137
nando2392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Nurse has been showing some serious developmental signs that resembles the original 4 defenseman I mentioned, I bet anything he'll be a serious force in this league in 3 years tops.
He's a stud

nando2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:35 AM
  #138
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
i dont see where they mention that picture.
You have to scroll way down. Its on there, and the comments do seem to validate the picture. I also blew it up to see the numbers and its 20, 26, 57. I initially thought two players were the same and just photoshopped. Its legit according to people watching the game.

lol at 3 players following the best playmaker in the NHL while two Sharks are circling the Sabres goal.

Thats as good as the Ovechkin gif from last years playoffs. Actually this one it would be funny to see the gif as well.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 08:57 AM
  #139
Muscles Glasses
Registered User
 
Muscles Glasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
You have to scroll way down. Its on there, and the comments do seem to validate the picture. I also blew it up to see the numbers and its 20, 26, 57. I initially thought two players were the same and just photoshopped. Its legit according to people watching the game.

lol at 3 players following the best playmaker in the NHL while two Sharks are circling the Sabres goal.

Thats as good as the Ovechkin gif from last years playoffs. Actually this one it would be funny to see the gif as well.
Just went back to watch the game for that moment on GameCentre, it is 100% legit, and less surprising is that San Jose scored like 3 seconds later.

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 10:05 PM
  #140
jukon
#Nailedit
 
jukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
So I hear that Ekblad kid is pretty good right?

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
  #141
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Nurse and Ekblad are playing well.

Fedun 2 goals in 2 games.
Hall 1 goal and a monstrous 7 shots VS Tampa.
Gagner wasn't a minus VS Tampa.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 11:07 PM
  #142
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,500
vCash: 50
more positivity;

the oilers are positively horrid.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:57 AM
  #143
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,326
vCash: 500
I'm positive we're going to get a real good draft pick in the first round this June.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:19 AM
  #144
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 500
Team needs more Fedun types through the bottom of the lineup. Just a lunch pail and hard hat kinda guy who comes in and busts his ass every shift, even if he's not the most talented. If our top players did that, we might be able to bear down and win more than one every handful of games.

So Fedun is a VERY welcomed surprise.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
  #145
Jimmi Jenkins
Turtle Renji
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Team needs more Fedun types through the bottom of the lineup. Just a lunch pail and hard hat kinda guy who comes in and busts his ass every shift, even if he's not the most talented. If our top players did that, we might be able to bear down and win more than one every handful of games.

So Fedun is a VERY welcomed surprise.
He's very smart too, makes very good decision most of time.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 09:55 AM
  #146
Gord
Tesla
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,765
vCash: 0
to be positive I like what I've seen from both Fedun and Larsen.
they've played better so far than many of the Oiler D this year.

I think Petry is really starting to show some more consistency also.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:10 PM
  #147
Broilers
Registered User
 
Broilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Yeah we need unexpected positive surprises. So far
Arcobello
Gazdig
Belov
Fedun
Larsen

Let's see what joensuu and Pitlick will bring on the table when they are healthy

Broilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 12:49 PM
  #148
jukon
#Nailedit
 
jukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
Yeah we need unexpected positive surprises. So far
Arcobello
Gazdig
Belov
Fedun
Larsen

Let's see what joensuu and Pitlick will bring on the table when they are healthy
Yeah fantastic when everyone new is better than the people we already have. Our team doesn't suck.


Last edited by jukon: 11-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.
jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
  #149
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,107
vCash: 50
Laurent Brossoit is a positive for the organization.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
  #150
Lion
Registered User
 
Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Columbus Blue Jackets were 4-12-2 before they made a huge turnaround in a shorten season.

Bobrovsky = Failed experiment in Philly = Wins Vezina in Columbus

Bryzgalov = Failed experiment in Philly = Win Vezina in Edmonton?

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.