HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Dear Ed

Old
12-17-2006, 06:55 PM
FLINFLON11

vCash: 500
Dear Ed

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/colum...15_130731_5792

Interesting Blog read.

FLINFLON11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Wow, he said "Ed" about 7,000 times too many to even be taken seriously.

I listen to Jim on the Fan590 a lot and I usually enjoy his opinions, but there was actually no point to writing that other than to bash the already well-known problems with the Flyers.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINFLON11 View Post
i've seen monkey ***** thrown against a wall that was better written and more relevant

donelikedinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
John Flyers Fan

A completely boneheaded article.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:31 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Caution: Do not read this article and then attempt to operate heavy machinery.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Dr Love

Dear Jim,

You clearly haven't watch the Flyers in the past month or so. They are so clearly a better skating team than they were last year and are nothing like the 70s Bullies. Jim, I know you've got better things to do than watch this terrible team, but you're out to lunch.

Quote:
Now I know that sounds ridiculous Ed, but hey, you had a hand in steering the brothers away from ESPN and towards one of your little startups, Comcast/Versus. Never let it be said that you don't have power and influence to get amazing things done.
What? Ed Snider didn't start Comcast or Versus.

What a terrible column.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
BringBackStevens

nothing frustrates me more than the "bullies" or "slow" comments. People like that arent even worth talking to because its obvious that they don't watch this team play

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
nothing frustrates me more than the "bullies" or "slow" comments. People like that arent even worth talking to because its obvious that they don't watch this team play
I wish we were a team made of slow bullies right now, at least then we'd have some balls.

Old
12-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Amateur Hour

Misusing words ("buy" instead of "by," for example) and poor grammar (There should always be a comma prior to the name of the person you are addressing... one example of many from his article: "You might want to ask someone about that Ed." What it SHOULD be: "You might want to ask someone about that, Ed"). This guy gets his own blog? I can't even take him seriously. For a journalist, those kinds of screw ups are unacceptable.

Oh, and his content is garbage, too.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
that was the biggest load of cow manure i've ever read

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Kaktus*

It was a mistake firing Hitch.... I agree with that.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
guinness
those were the days

Ed...Ed...Sid the Kid...Ed...Ed...Ed...

What a terribly written article, even most blogs are slightly better than that.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 09:37 PM
mikedifr

Saw Ed Snider today having lunch at a restaurant near my office. He was a couple tables away with Ed Moran, I believe at quick glance and someone I did not recognize.

Boy do I wish I had the nerve to go up to him and say "Love what you have done with the Sixers and Flyers, Ed!!"

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Saw Ed Snider today having lunch at a restaurant near my office. He was a couple tables away with Ed Moran, I believe at quick glance and someone I did not recognize.

Boy do I wish I had the nerve to go up to him and say "Love what you have done with the Sixers and Flyers, Ed!!"
I would have went up and said something sarcastic at least. But I only dream of ever talking to Mr Snider. Although I would probably wind up with an assault charge, after i kneed him square in the balls making sure that he did not ever reproduce

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
I would have went up and said something sarcastic at least. But I only dream of ever talking to Mr Snider. Although I would probably wind up with an assault charge, after i kneed him square in the balls making sure that he did not ever reproduce
Please tell me you left out the 'sarcasm' smiley unintentionally. While not a Sixers fan myself, Mr. Snider has given us a hockey team that has been at or near the top of their division for the last decade plus. An owner who consistently produces winning teams is that last person on Earth who deserves to be 'kneed square in the balls.'

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

You wouldn't have said "Ed" enough. According to the dumbass article above, he likes to be addressed as "Ed" every 5 words.

Old
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
that article or blog was pure, worthless crap.
would definitely make some good TP.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Please tell me you left out the 'sarcasm' smiley unintentionally. While not a Sixers fan myself, Mr. Snider has given us a hockey team that has been at or near the top of their division for the last decade plus. An owner who consistently produces winning teams is that last person on Earth who deserves to be 'kneed square in the balls.'
Mr Snider may have given us a team with a winning percentage in the last decade, BUT he has never got the Flyers to the next level. In the NEW NHL he definitely should have been doing his homework this past summer and realized that the FLyers needed to change after seeing that the rules werent going to change back. He should have put pressure on Clarke (or whoever was making the decisions at the time) to bring in the type of players that are needed to win NOWADAYS not with what worked in the last decade. For what hes allowed to happen to the FLyers in the last 2 years is why I still believe he needs to be 'kneed square in the balls.' Not for what hes done in the past decade. 33 years without a cup is too long.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
Mr Snider may have given us a team with a winning percentage in the last decade, BUT he has never got the Flyers to the next level. In the NEW NHL he definitely should have been doing his homework this past summer and realized that the FLyers needed to change after seeing that the rules werent going to change back. He should have put pressure on Clarke (or whoever was making the decisions at the time) to bring in the type of players that are needed to win NOWADAYS not with what worked in the last decade. For what hes allowed to happen to the FLyers in the last 2 years is why I still believe he needs to be 'kneed square in the balls.' Not for what hes done in the past decade. 33 years without a cup is too long.
What do you propose he should have done last summer??? Who do you think we should've landed and kept ourselves under the cap at the same time? Bottom line is, we are in a horrible position mainly because of the Rathje and Hatcher signings. Please note, I do not think these were bad signings at the time, maybe a bit long in terms of years. But there were probably half a dozen other teams that would've paid Hatch the same or more. If you believed two years ago that the NHL was really going to call the games this tight you need to give me Thursday night's lottery numbers. How many times did the NHL 'warn' that they would 'call the game tighter' and they never did? I've only been following hockey since '92 and I can think of about a half dozen times that they said they would 'tighten up the game' to no avail.

Yes, 33 years to wait for a cup is long, however, how many 'one hit wonders' were there over that time period? Would you prefer that? Sacrifice all for ONE cup then have a near decade of futility like the Rangers? I, for one, would not. I like that our team is always competitive. If you do not think Ed Snider did everything in his power to give us a cup over the last 33 years then you are sadly mistaken. Sooner or later, someone on these Flyers teams, and not necessarily a superstar, needs to step up and carry us to the promised land-Primeau was close in 2004. But let us not forget, the players play the game, not the owner.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 03:04 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
did you think we would miss the playoffs this season? nuff said.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote