HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013-14 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2013, 12:47 PM
RampageNate

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I wish Shore would get it going down the there. Kinda seems like he's fallen off.

-ghoste
He's been much better the last 2 games. He hit two posts in the final minute last night. Playing great defense and doing a pretty good job facilitating the offense.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:03 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Which guys are close to be NHL ready and where do you see them on your roster next season (or this season)?

Old
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM
RampageNate

Three Stars of the Week

Old
11-04-2013, 05:06 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Always look forward for these. I think cutting Petro early from camp seems to have focused him. Very happy he is becoming solid defensively.

Old
11-05-2013, 09:34 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Are there any consistent streams for Rampage games? I used to be able to catch them on firstrow couple years ago, but its been a no-go lately. At this point, I would rather watch our kids play.

Old
11-06-2013, 10:42 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

I'm listening to the Rampage call. My goodness Petro is beastin! Makes me excited to see what he can do up here.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:23 AM
RampageNate

Fall behind 2-0, fight back to tie it, lose in shootout.

Team still 0fer on the PP on the road.

The similarities are striking.

Old
11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
in my mind (and i'm biased - i'm not a fan of dineen but whatever your feelings are, i believe he's on a 3 yr contract and if so, tallon will need to make a decision soon), horachek seems like a guy brought in to the org to get a closer look. (perhaps weber was that guy the past two years and his clock has struck midnight.) could be totally wrong and this guy may not be destined for the NHL but i have a sneaky suspicion that tallon has realized that dineen has served a purpose but isn't the guy he wants behind the bench forever and is continuing his search for the next boudreau or bylsma. or at least i'm hopeful

GR had a quote stating that tallon had been "stewing on this a long time". would be curious how long? (i.e, since the 2nd half skid in 2011, when it was apparent the team had no direction?)

Old
11-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Kate

Now who will we have? Weber again? Snarl........
I love hockey, but i'm so tired of being an AHL fan Best of luck to Horachek and the fellas in Florida.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:16 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Now who will we have? Weber again? Snarl........
I love hockey, but i'm so tired of being an AHL fan Best of luck to Horachek and the fellas in Florida.
What's wrong with Weber exactly? Still waiting top hear a legit reason why Rampage fans don't like the guy.

Old
11-08-2013, 12:39 PM
zeroG

Quote:
What's wrong with Weber exactly? Still waiting top hear a legit reason why Rampage fans don't like the guy.
how did you feel about horachek? what type of hockey have the rampage been playing?

in hindsight, it appears even more obvious why weber was kept on as an assistant. perhaps even he saw the writing on the wall and that's why he stayed?

Old
11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Kate

Quote:
Nothing's wrong with Weber. I guess I'm just jaded against the team from last year. I thought it was said last season that the team basically stopped listening to him. A lot of good things were being said about Horachek and it would have been nice to see what panned out for the Rampage with him in lead this year, that's all.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
how did you feel about horachek? what type of hockey have the rampage been playing?

in hindsight, it appears even more obvious why weber was kept on as an assistant. perhaps even he saw the writing on the wall and that's why he stayed?
It's hard to gauge in only 11 games. They've been very good 5 on 5. The PP has been an absolute nightmare. The PK was aggressive and fun to watch when it worked but prone to chances the other way.

He's a no nonsense guy, but from the little I saw, the players really liked him.

I think there's a bit of truth to what you say about Weber. But remember, he also got a promotion in the deal. It's hard to turn a deal like that down.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
zeroG

Quote:
It's hard to gauge in only 11 games. They've been very good 5 on 5. The PP has been an absolute nightmare. The PK was aggressive and fun to watch when it worked but prone to chances the other way.

He's a no nonsense guy, but from the little I saw, the players really liked him.

I think there's a bit of truth to what you say about Weber. But remember, he also got a promotion in the deal. It's hard to turn a deal like that down.
ah, forgot. perhaps they threw in the promotion to be sure he stayed around and at the ready? just speculating.

was he directly responsible for the PP? if so, what was a nightmare? were they getting zone time and chances?

Old
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Nothing's wrong with Weber. I guess I'm just jaded against the team from last year. I thought it was said last season that the team basically stopped listening to him. A lot of good things were being said about Horachek and it would have been nice to see what panned out for the Rampage with him in lead this year, that's all.
I think it's really unfair to judge Weber (or any coach) on a season like last season. For the first half, he was coaching an AHL team against teams littered with NHL talent. In OKC and Houston's case, VERY good NHL talent. But even still, they were a bubble playoff team.

Then, when the NHL season started, the Panthers had a rash of injuries like few teams have ever seen. This led to the top 2 forwards on the team (Shore and Howden) being called up and a constant carousel of players in and out of the lineup. Caruso went up and was injured for the rest of the season. Yonkman suddenly forgot how to play defense. Their #1 defenseman was an inconsistent rookie with a temper.

The Rampage team that was iced in March/April was easily the worst team, talent-wise, in the league. They had ECHL guys on the #1 PP unit and relied on them to score all of their goals.

Finally, from what I saw last season. No one quit on the coach. They quit on each other. In practices, they executed drills just fine. But in games, at the first sign of distress, they shut down. It was a team-wide confidence issue that was probably perpetuated by the fact that they knew they couldn't match up with any other team in the league. This wasn't helped by the fact that the captain of the team refused to say anything to anyone. The whole team was playing for the name on the back and with a sense of self-preservation.

Blame the players on that abortion of a team. If Chuck didn't have the history he did, I'd say go ahead and blame him. But this guy is a hell of a coach and has won everywhere he's been. It's easy to point at last season and lament his presence. But have we all forgotten two seasons ago. He turned this team around and led them further than they've ever been. He needs to get some credit for that as well.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
ah, forgot. perhaps they threw in the promotion to be sure he stayed around and at the ready? just speculating.

was he directly responsible for the PP? if so, what was a nightmare? were they getting zone time and chances?
No. He was handling the PK. By all accounts, Horachek was the PP guy. PP was inconsistent with regards to possession. Had games where they couldn't even gain the zone and set anything up and others where they dominated possession but couldn't or wouldn't pull the trigger. They are 0-34 on the PP on the road this season. That can't happen.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Kate

Quote:
I think it's really unfair to judge Weber (or any coach) on a season like last season. For the first half, he was coaching an AHL team against teams littered with NHL talent. In OKC and Houston's case, VERY good NHL talent. But even still, they were a bubble playoff team.

Then, when the NHL season started, the Panthers had a rash of injuries like few teams have ever seen. This led to the top 2 forwards on the team (Shore and Howden) being called up and a constant carousel of players in and out of the lineup. Caruso went up and was injured for the rest of the season. Yonkman suddenly forgot how to play defense. Their #1 defenseman was an inconsistent rookie with a temper.

The Rampage team that was iced in March/April was easily the worst team, talent-wise, in the league. They had ECHL guys on the #1 PP unit and relied on them to score all of their goals.

Finally, from what I saw last season. No one quit on the coach. They quit on each other. In practices, they executed drills just fine. But in games, at the first sign of distress, they shut down. It was a team-wide confidence issue that was probably perpetuated by the fact that they knew they couldn't match up with any other team in the league. This wasn't helped by the fact that the captain of the team refused to say anything to anyone. The whole team was playing for the name on the back and with a sense of self-preservation.

Blame the players on that abortion of a team. If Chuck didn't have the history he did, I'd say go ahead and blame him. But this guy is a hell of a coach and has won everywhere he's been. It's easy to point at last season and lament his presence. But have we all forgotten two seasons ago. He turned this team around and led them further than they've ever been. He needs to get some credit for that as well.
You are absolutely right. I 100% forgot about the NHL lockout. I remember hearing that Weber was respected, but I also could swear that I heard the team wasn't listening. Either way, I hope the Rampage will play for the team on the front of the jersey instead of, as you say, the name on the back.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
RampageNate

Tom Rowe named head coach. Weber stays on in the same role he had.

Rowe coached 4 seasons in Lowell and Albany (AHL) was an assiatant for 3 years with Carolina (NHL) and, most recently, was coaching Lokomotiv in the KHL.

Old
11-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Tom Rowe named head coach. Weber stays on in the same role he had.

Rowe coached 4 seasons in Lowell and Albany (AHL) was an assiatant for 3 years with Carolina (NHL) and, most recently, was coaching Lokomotiv in the KHL.
In your opinion Nate, do you think this is a good move?

-ghoste

Old
11-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:

So damn true.

As for the new coach being brought in, time will only tell if he was the right guy to bring in.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:42 PM
RampageNate

Coaching Carousel in San Antonio w/ Audio

Old
11-09-2013, 09:52 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

Trocheck scores and the Rampage win in the SO. Houser in net goes to 4-1.

Old
11-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Crossbar

Great to hear the Rampage out-shoot the opposition again and more importantly get the win.

EDIT: Highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW3hTU3tFCM

Last edited by Crossbar: 11-09-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old
11-10-2013, 12:51 PM
RampageNate

Rampage Best "Barrons" in Shootout

Old
11-10-2013, 06:47 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Dave Tallon

Rampage win again in the SO. Petro notches an assist.

Closed Thread