HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16 KINGS vs. SABRES - 11/7/13, Shut Out Victory 2-0 !!!

Old
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
HockeyCA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
Like he did here?

I can't tell if this is serious or not.. Are you saying his defensive game creates scoring chances on a regular basis? Are you saying his defensive play generated a scoring chance this one time? Are you saying this one scoring chance generated gives him a lifetime 3rd line RW slot? I personally think the stat sheet can be a good source to view the number of scoring chances a player creates in a game, week, month, or season. Lewis's names is consistently non-existent from it. Hard to dispute that isn't it?

HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
I can't tell if this is serious or not.. Are you saying his defensive game creates scoring chances on a regular basis? Are you saying his defensive play generated a scoring chance this one time? Are you saying this one scoring chance generated gives him a lifetime 3rd line RW slot? I personally think the stat sheet can be a good source to view the number of scoring chances a player creates in a game, week, month, or season. Lewis's names is consistently non-existent from it. Hard to dispute that isn't it?
Lewis is a monster in the playoffs and he is cheap.

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Got a link Ziggy?
All I could find online was this brief clip:
http://www.foxsportswest.com/nhl/los...-d8cf3744502d#

Not sure if the Kings or FSW post entire episodes of Kings Weekly online.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Vey with a solid debut IMO. Liked his puck possession.

Not much else you can say about Richards that hasn't been said. Clutch, noticeable, dependable in all three zones, threw pucks to the net, got to the net himself.

My kind of player.

So was the sideshow that is "Ron Rolston Hockey" as bad as you anticipated?! No offense will be taken whatsoever, so please don't hold back.
I thought BUffalo played pretty well to be honest. Quick just played like himself in the first and bailed out the Kings. That PP goal at the end of the first was a back breaker. The Kings came out in the 2nd and 3rd and played their grinding style and Buffalo couldn't get back into it. But I still didn't think they played bad in the 2nd or 3rd period.

As far as the kings go, enough with the bad penalties. It is like they want to practice their PK in game situations.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Raccoon Jesus
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Lewis is a monster in the playoffs and he is cheap.
Amen!

Sure, we'd like him to chip in MORE, but when he shows up on the big stage, I'm happy. I just don't know what sort of production you're looking for, HockeyCA. The almighty Blackhawks 3rd and 4th liners all put up 10-15 points last season. Lewis put up 14. Who would you replace him with?

Raccoon Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Raccoon Jesus
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I thought BUffalo played pretty well to be honest. Quick just played like himself in the first and bailed out the Kings. That PP goal at the end of the first was a back breaker. The Kings came out in the 2nd and 3rd and played their grinding style and Buffalo couldn't get back into it. But I still didn't think they played bad in the 2nd or 3rd period.

As far as the kings go, enough with the bad penalties. It is like they want to practice their PK in game situations.
I agree. I'm pretty happy with the Kings' overall game last night (still had a few defensive lapses), but I was impressed with Buffalo and their heart. I would have liked to have seen an even strength goal, but with all the emphasis on special teams, I'm perfectly content with a 2-0 shutout and great special teams, especially considering it's a game we're "supposed" to win--goodness knows we always struggle with those.

But again, that didn't look like a low-standings team we were playing against. Partially due to parity in the league, but I feel like we've played several teams noticeably worse than Buffalo.

Raccoon Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Amen!

Sure, we'd like him to chip in MORE, but when he shows up on the big stage, I'm happy. I just don't know what sort of production you're looking for, HockeyCA. The almighty Blackhawks 3rd and 4th liners all put up 10-15 points last season. Lewis put up 14. Who would you replace him with?
Brad Richardson? Got no problem with Lewis... He can fill in spots for injuries. Is sound defensively. Hilariously put the hurt on Hertl during the Sharks game... Couldn't find video of the hit on youtube but Lewis leveled him.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Sabretooth

vCash: 2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
But again, that didn't look like a low-standings team we were playing against. Partially due to parity in the league, but I feel like we've played several teams noticeably worse than Buffalo.
You saw us on a good day. So far we've looked like an actual NHL team on this California swing where we haven't before. We've been every bit as bad as our record indicates, if not worse

Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
MollerManor

"Quick" report for becoming all time greatest Kings goalie/Fulfilling requirements to retiring #32:

Vachon-GP:389
Quick-GP:300

90 to go!

Vachon-Wins:171
Quick-Wins:158

14 to go!

Vachon-Shutouts:32
Quick-Shutouts:26

7 to go!

Safe to say, by next season, (outside of me jinxing it right now) I think he will have all Kings goalie records broken.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
You saw us on a good day. So far we've looked like an actual NHL team on this California swing where we haven't before. We've been every bit as bad as our record indicates, if not worse
i thought BUF played well last night. as the game went on i saw a bigger and more mature team slowly take over last night.

i've also seen some of their games before and they were awful looking. think it was about a week ago i watched a period and it looked like an NHL team playing against a D3 squad.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Yes and I will also be sure to put the new cover page on my tps reports
By the way, did you get the memo telling you to use a cover letter on the new tps reports? You really need to use a cover letter on those tps reports. It's in the memo. Tell ya what, I will send you another copy of the memo so you can get it all worked out.

Mk.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
Brad Richardson? Got no problem with Lewis... He can fill in spots for injuries. Is sound defensively.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote