HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Patience is a virtue

Old
11-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm being to be patient in this thread. Meanwhile, the Trade Proposal thread added 26 pages yesterday.
Having an organization-wide philosophy/plan and a team that can grow together is so stale and boring though...so not NHL14 GM mode.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:01 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im being told to be patient in this thread, but more importantly I still havent been told what Im being patient for.
I don't mind being patient if it is part of the process of moving towards an organizational goal. A goal or philosophy that does not change every offseason. More often than not management's track record has been to throw patience to the wind.

11-06-2013, 09:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I don't mind being patient if it is part of the process of moving towards an organizational goal. A goal or philosophy that does not change every offseason. More often than not management's track record has been to throw patience to the wind.
Exactly.

11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
OverTheCap

One part of me doesn't want to do anything drastic to change this team, because enough is enough with all this roster turnover, but the other part of me knows that this team isn't cup caliber.

It's hard to be patient with this team year after year, because the team is usually not good enough to win a cup and will eventually need to be blown up. And it doesn't help that the one season when the team showed promise, and probably should not have undergone so much turnover, our genius GM decides to "retool." The front office was preaching more depth prior to the Nash trade and then threw that mindset out the window. As has been said many times before, we need a GM who has a cohesive, well thought out long-term plan who actually sticks with the plan and doesn't abandon it.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
One part of me doesn't want to do anything drastic to change this team, because enough is enough with all this roster turnover, but the other part of me knows that this team isn't cup caliber.

It's hard to be patient with this team year after year, because the team is usually not good enough to win a cup and will eventually need to be blown up. And it doesn't help that the one season when the team showed promise, and probably should not have undergone so much turnover, our genius GM decides to "retool." The front office was preaching more depth prior to the Nash trade and then threw that mindset out the window. As has been said many times before, we need a GM who has a cohesive, well thought out long-term plan who actually sticks with the plan and doesn't abandon it.
I agree, but 75% of this team are free agents this summer. The roster turnover is coming again whether we like it or not.

The best thing for this organization would be to take it on the chin this year, bring in new management, and start from scratch. None of those things will happen.

Old
11-08-2013, 07:17 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
There was a time, long ago, when I would have happily engaged in any debate with anyone. No time or patience for that anymore. No need to waste time on utterly useless battles.
Yeah. Writing the same thing over and over DOES get dull, doesn't it?

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:42 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Oh my stars and garters. Welcome back.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:45 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I agree, but 75% of this team are free agents this summer. The roster turnover is coming again whether we like it or not.

The best thing for this organization would be to take it on the chin this year, bring in new management, and start from scratch. None of those things will happen.
I feel like you posted this 10,807 times.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:09 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:

Nor should those things happen. Let's all be honest, the best shot we have at a Cup is with Lundqvist. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not. That means our next 3-5 years are the absolute window. Taking it on the chin and losing and tanking will do nothing but set the process back.

Starting from scratch in this league is a rough battle getting back to being in the top of the league. Look at teams like Edmonton and Florida and Buffalo...drafting high in every draft the past 5 years. What has it gotten them? Getting a high pick doesn't even guarantee you a game breaking player. Not every team picking high can be as lucky as Washington or Pittsburgh or Chicago.

Our best shot is to resign our core parts, Lundqvist, Cally, Girardi, Kreider, Zucc possibly. Even Boyle...people rip on him but players like him are HUGE parts of championship teams. Even entertain the idea of retaining Richards if he keeps up his play and stays at the level of a 1/2C tweener. Having a solid Richie for the open window of 3-5 years could be worth the penalty down the road. Plus the cap is going up, his salary will soon be the salary of all 1/2C players, and if it helps us while our window is open it could be worth it and deal with the dead cap space penalty down the road. But mainly re-sign Lundqvist, keep the core and stay the course. Everyone is so negative, but with a goalie like Hank, core players like Cally, Step, Nash, Staal, McD, G, Hags, Kreider, Boyle...winning isn't as crazy as people make it seem.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:52 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I feel like you posted this 10,807 times.
When he hits 11,000 he gets a set of steak knives.

If he ever bothers to actually explain his master plan he gets 2 sets.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Oh my stars and garters. Welcome back.
Too much old skool on this thread NOT to pop in and say hello.

Now where are klingsor and Laches?

Cheers!

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Somebody forgot to tell Hank what he needed to be patient for.

Quote:
The New York Rangers had a couple major factors working against them early this season. They started with a brutal nine-game road trip and simultaneously had to adjust to a new system and coaching staff led by Alain Vigneault.

The latter shouldn’t be dismissed as the move from former bench boss John Tortorella to Vigneault involved changing “a little bit of everything,” according to goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

“It’s important to stay patient, and throughout this process, [the new staff] has been patient, and still confident we can do this and find our game,” Lundqvist told Newsday.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Somebody forgot to tell Hank what he needed to be patient for.
More ambiguous platitudes. Hank should post on this board.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:37 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Oh, wow. Another blast from past.

Change the decade and it is still the same.....

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Well put.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
...well as someone else said, this organizational mindset goes back many decades and I'm on my 4th decade...so we have 2 choices, well maybe 3..

Option 1
We can accept that Sather will continue to GM like a weathervane and be patient that someday he'll hit the right combination of players and coach.

Option B

We can change allegiance to another team

Option 3

We can about Sather not having any direction

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote