HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread - LXXI - Everyone is better than us... except the Oilers!

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
rockjngo

vCash: 500
I'm surprise Edmonton gave up Smid for nothing. He's basically Josh Gorges. If we gave up Gorges for two minor league prospects and sign Andre Racciot, this forum would explode.

Old
11-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9999 View Post
You keep telling yourself that. I would trade our top 9 for Leafs top 9 any day of the week. Reilly and Gardiner on D to go along with Phaneuf.

They convert scoring chances and don't need many shots to win the games and Carlyle has them playing very sound defence and the crap load of shots they give up are mostly from the outside.

Sorry, but theme the facts. That is why they are well ahead of us in the standings with a game at hand.

They were due. 9 years of mediocrity is in their past. Last year is proving to not be a fluke and they are the youngest team in the NHL. They are on their way to becoming a powerhouse....while our team is more like peewee's playhouse.
Peewee's playhouse, thats awesome .
Sadly a great post!

Old
11-09-2013, 12:49 AM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9999 View Post
You keep telling yourself that. I would trade our top 9 for Leafs top 9 any day of the week. Reilly and Gardiner on D to go along with Phaneuf.

They convert scoring chances and don't need many shots to win the games and Carlyle has them playing very sound defence and the crap load of shots they give up are mostly from the outside.

Sorry, but theme the facts. That is why they are well ahead of us in the standings with a game at hand.

They were due. 9 years of mediocrity is in their past. Last year is proving to not be a fluke and they are the youngest team in the NHL. They are on their way to becoming a powerhouse....while our team is more like peewee's playhouse.
Joined November 2013
9 posts

mrw a leafs fan in disguise

Old
11-09-2013, 12:55 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
7 goals for Cammy so far....How about revisiting that INCREDIBLE trade by Gauthier.....Yeah we saved on money, yet this team has a serious lack of pure natural scoring talent....
But Bourque is amazing and Cammy disgraced the jersey. Hated the deal then and I hate i t now.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:26 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
But Bourque is amazing and Cammy disgraced the jersey. Hated the deal then and I hate i t now.
I wouldnt say he disgraced the jersey....remember the playoffs? The centennial game hat trick.....i was sad to see him go. I wouldn't change the trade that was made as it got us bourque and probabley more importantly fucale....holland looks like he may develop into a solid bottom liner as well. But i wouldn't say cammy was a disgrace

Old
11-09-2013, 02:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
I wouldnt say he disgraced the jersey....remember the playoffs? The centennial game hat trick.....i was sad to see him go. I wouldn't change the trade that was made as it got us bourque and probabley more importantly fucale....holland looks like he may develop into a solid bottom liner as well. But i wouldn't say cammy was a disgrace
Stop being reasonable and start watching the stat sheets because that is all that matters here. Leave any and all hockey knowledge at the door, you wont need it in this conversation.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:47 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Stop being reasonable and start watching the stat sheets because that is all that matters here. Leave any and all hockey knowledge at the door, you wont need it in this conversation.
lol

Old
11-09-2013, 06:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

****ing clown show they have going on in edmonton christ...

Old
11-09-2013, 06:40 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
****ing clown show they have going on in edmonton christ...
well dont you know... best thing to do when you're full of forward prospects and lack on D is to trade a D and a goalie prospect for another goalie prospect and a... forward prospect

Old
11-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Jay99999*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Joined November 2013
9 posts

mrw a leafs fan in disguise

Not at all. I go back to the Ken Dryden days. My fav player of all time. The road runner, Flower etc.

Just telling it like it is. I truly hate that the leafs are better than us.

When you look at our team, its not like we have a hole or two to fill, our team is just a mess. Too small, and the players that have been brought in to get us size or toughness are too slow.

Our D are just terrible and we have a coach that could not coach my daughters first year ballerina class which is important because he has quite a few Balerina's on the team.

He will constantly be out coached around the league. Like one other poster said "we need the best coach available, not the best french coach available".

And for the record, I like most of the teams in our conference better than the players on our team, not just Toronto. It just pains me that the Leafs got so good so fast. I would also take Burke over our idiot anytime. Clean house and start with Gallagher. He plays like he is 6.5

Anyhow, our next 5 games will be challenging. We need to put up some points. Going to be tough with 3 teams on our heals.

Price needs to stand tall because we don't have the horses to win games other than price.

Old
11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Jay99999*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
well dont you know... best thing to do when you're full of forward prospects and lack on D is to trade a D and a goalie prospect for another goalie prospect and a... forward prospect

Old
11-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
How many goals would he have with DD and Briere digging pucks out of the corners for him? Nice try lol
Who needs Brière now that you have Cammy? Wasn't Brière brought in for his possible PP play and his success in the playoffs? And we probably wouldn't have any money SINCE we would have Cammy so yes, I really think I made a nice try lol. And DD isn't the only centerman on that team. Double nice try, double lol. With your way of thinking....I guess we should get rid of Pacioretty....'cause DD is the one digging pucks in the corners after all....

Old
11-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well we had a pure sniping talent in Ryder last year and we opted to sign Briere instead. That's why we got Briere too right, for POs production, although I don't see him stepping it up, he's too declined.

Hey, I would have had no issue moving Gionta instead of Cammy, but I don't think teams were interested in an injured Gionta at 5M. Nobody was going to take Gomez. So despite wanted to get rid of those contract, it wasn't happening. I'm pretty sure Gauthier would have moved all three of them if he could have.
Tell me seriously that if Ryder doesn't dissapear in the playoffs, that we don't sign him? He did, hence letting him go. Of course, nobody would have taken Gomez. But Gionta....at 5 M$. Well we HAD to get rid of Cammy didn't we? Yet, teams were interested in getting him. And Gionta, well despite us wanting to get rid of him, was strangely enough looking like the better scorer of the 2 with his 28 and 29 goals seasons prior to the 11-12 season before Cammy was traded....and Gionta got hurt. So 2 25+ goal seasons, captain, and 1 M$ less than Cammy....why would anybody not want that? Honestly, you look at that and you might figure out that he probably didn,t want to get rid of Gio after all.

Old
11-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
Hockey knowledge? So Bourque, without the stats, has been incredible without the puck and doing all those little things? And how many games have you seen Cammy played this year....full games where you can use your hockey knowledge and tell us how bad he is in all the important other aspects than the infamous goal scoring, 'cause clearly that's not THAT important. And Fucale is a good pick. Rermains to be seen how it will translate. And we'll wait before calling Holland an important piece of our team as well. He's a depth player. So great, as of now we have a inconsistent, not producing, but big Bourque, a prospect goalie and a depth player for a highly scoring winger...but small. As of now, that's a loss no matter how you look at it statswise or not. If Fucale becomes a #1, we will revisit this. Just like we do TONS of trades and how it should be done....hockey knowledge or not. But no, we all know where you stand. Gauthier made the move, hence it was great. That's hockey knowledge.

Old
11-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

With the rumor about Simmonds being available, i hope to god that we land him! I would even do a swap Pacioretty vs Simmonds. One of the biggest myth around our team is MaxPac being call a powerforward. He don't deserved to be called that. He's too much of a perimeter player and that's sad.

Old
11-09-2013, 07:50 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
With the rumor about Simmonds being available, i hope to god that we land him! I would even do a swap Pacioretty vs Simmonds. One of the biggest myth around our team is MaxPac being call a powerforward. He don't deserved to be called that. He's too much of a perimeter player and that's sad.
he's been playing like one last few games.

Old
11-09-2013, 07:53 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Your trade proposal is even more sad.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
U serious? He's not even crashing the net.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:08 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hockey knowledge? So Bourque, without the stats, has been incredible without the puck and doing all those little things? And how many games have you seen Cammy played this year....full games where you can use your hockey knowledge and tell us how bad he is in all the important other aspects than the infamous goal scoring, 'cause clearly that's not THAT important. And Fucale is a good pick. Rermains to be seen how it will translate. And we'll wait before calling Holland an important piece of our team as well. He's a depth player. So great, as of now we have a inconsistent, not producing, but big Bourque, a prospect goalie and a depth player for a highly scoring winger...but small. As of now, that's a loss no matter how you look at it statswise or not. If Fucale becomes a #1, we will revisit this. Just like we do TONS of trades and how it should be done....hockey knowledge or not. But no, we all know where you stand. Gauthier made the move, hence it was great. That's hockey knowledge.
OneSharpMarble is a Gauthier fanboy, he will defend any and every move Gauthier made. He still defends the Kaberle trade.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, he hasn't. A power forward is a player who hits a lot, can score goals and can beat the **** out of most, if not your entire team. A power forward isn't a big player that can skate. It's a misconception that started from, I don't even know where.

Edmonton is ran by a bunch of clowns. Laurent Brossoit is ****ing terrible. Roman Horak is small and not even very skilled at all.

How dumb is MacTavish ?

Kale Kessy has 1 goal in 11 games.

Tobias Rieder (injury) has 2 goals in 1 game.

Edmonton will never be anything more than a bottom dwelling team with this group of management.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:14 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, he hasn't. A power forward is a player who hits a lot, can score goals and can beat the **** out of most, if not your entire team. A power forward isn't a big player that can skate. It's a misconception that started from, I don't even know where.

Edmonton is ran by a bunch of clowns. Laurent Brossoit is ****ing terrible. Roman Horak is small and not even very skilled at all.

How dumb is MacTavish ?

Kale Kessy has 1 goal in 11 games.

Tobias Rieder (injury) has 2 goals in 1 game.

Edmonton will never be anything more than a bottom dwelling team with this group of management.
you can't name 3 who do that while getting 50+ pts on a yearly basis, maybe you're the one having issues with the definition of a PWF...

Old
11-09-2013, 08:17 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
I was being facetious.

Keeping Cammy might have netted us a better reward than what we have now. Bourque is a meh player with a big contract. Fucale was a 2nd round pick. Holland looks like a bottom line player (we're in such desperate need of those).

We have been in desperate need of a goal scorer. Cammy was one of them. Kovalev was another...Ryder to a lesser extent. This franchise has no issue with acquiring these kinds of players instead..bottom line guys who can block shots.

That was a poor trade. We didn't get Fucale for him. We got a 2nd round pick. Fucale has nothing to do with Gauthier.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
you can't name 3 who do that while getting 50+ pts on a yearly basis, maybe you're the one having issues with the definition of a PWF...
Lucic, Iginla, Backes, Benn, Perry, Getzlaf, Brown, Horton, Ryan, Simmonds, etc.

Those are real powerforward. Pacioretty ain't one of them and never will. Perimeter player with good shot. That's all he is.

Old
11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
OneSharpMarble is a Gauthier fanboy, he will defend any and every move Gauthier made. He still defends the Kaberle trade.
I'll choose to believe that OSM was just trying to be the counterpart of everybody bashing Gauthier 'cause you just can't come with all those one-liners about how great Gauthier is no matter what he does and how bad Bergevin is no matter what he does and yet question people's hockey knowledge....

Old
11-09-2013, 08:22 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Lucic, Iginla, Backes, Benn, Perry, Getzlaf, Brown, Ryan, Horton, Simmonds, etc.

Those are real powerforward. Pacioretty ain't one of them and never will. Perimeter player with good shot. That's all he is.
just based on the "beat the **** ouf of most if not your entire team" description given by Analyzer, the bolded are out of contention...

and Iginla too as he used to "beat up" opponents but isnt doing it anymore (age)...

Closed Thread