HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

Old
11-09-2013, 09:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Eberle would be great but I really don't think he's coming here unless its a ridiculous overpayment. There is reallt no reason I can see that they would deal him for a package of simmonds/coburn unless schenn or couturier was also involved. It just doesn't make sense. And at that price I'd pass.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiqkid View Post
The strangest part is that Thekingpin wants a 1st from them too!! Lmao!!! I would take that deal and run for the hills.
Yea I am higher on Simmonds and schenn than most on here. I pride myself on having more if a long term memory. Knowing that most edm fans didn't care about thier first and knowing that what we have is exactly what they need and being one of the few teams in position to trade with them I'm nots urea pick is out if the question. This draft is reportedly very weak and the pick may be seen from edm as a throw in. It's obvious they called us. Why not push it.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Eberle would be great but I really don't think he's coming here unless its a ridiculous overpayment. There is reallt no reason I can see that they would deal him for a package of simmonds/coburn unless schenn or couturier was also involved. It just doesn't make sense. And at that price I'd pass.
It does make sense though, and national media in Toronto(sportsnet) are reporting on it. Edmonton is really too talented to be losing the way they are, just like the Flyers. They desperately need to add grit to their lineup, they are extremely soft. Luke Schenn+Wayne Simmonds for Eberle+Hemsky(seems like a salary throw in) makes sense for two teams underachieving and needing a kick in the ass. Edmonton for the last 2 years now have been "on the verge" of being a playoff team according to everyone, but they never come close. They don't have the right mixture of talent and grit.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:21 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
It does make sense though, and national media in Toronto(sportsnet) are reporting on it. Edmonton is really too talented to be losing the way they are, just like the Flyers. They desperately need to add grit to their lineup, they are extremely soft. Luke Schenn+Wayne Simmonds for Eberle+Hemsky(seems like a salary throw in) makes sense for two teams underachieving and needing a kick in the ass. Edmonton for the last 2 years now have been "on the verge" of being a playoff team according to everyone, but they never come close. They don't have the right mixture of talent and grit.
Yea and they should be the more desperate of the two teams. To be as bad as they have been for so long while getting the players they had more unacceptable than a team that underachieved two years and missed the playoffs.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Prongo
Beer

In the sportsnets article my saving grace was right here

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...ayne-simmonds/
Quote:
Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is listening to offers on any Philadelphia player not named Claude Giroux or Steve Mason.
I can sleep well at night now thank goodness.

Also it seems like some Oiler fans are more worried about the players offensive numbers they put up instead of winning games. Yes, Eberle can put up 70+ points, but where has that gotten them the last few years? Nowhere. Hall+Eberle+RNH+Yak all have tremendous skill, but they do not play a gritty game. The NHL is much more than finesse. I believe MacT is looking to make a move, and I don't blame him.

Old
11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
skoods

Giroux, Mason, Simmonds, Coburn, and both Schenns for Ales Hemsky, Justin Schultz, and a 2nd.

Oh, wait, this isn't the main board and I'm not a fan of a canadian team.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yea a 23 year old, almost point per game player cannot be acquired for Simmonds and Luke Schenn! But I would have no problem including Brayden or Coots and get a little something else added from the Oilers side.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

I might be in the minority of Oilers fans but I'd sooner deal Yakupov than Eberle. Nail is probably our 2nd most talented player behind RNH but he is still pretty green on defense (not that Eberle is great on D either). Seeing as we are trying to win now, IMO Eberle is a better player for that role at least for the next year or two.

11-09-2013, 11:34 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I'll take both.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

I have a feeling there will be a trade sometime in the next few days. I don't know why people expected a trade yesterday between Philly and Edmonton when they were going to be playing each other today. They wouldn't make a trade so that each player had to immediately play against their former team a few hours later with zero practice with their new team...

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:54 AM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I have a feeling there will be a trade sometime in the next few days. I don't know why people expected a trade yesterday between Philly and Edmonton when they were going to be playing each other today. They wouldn't make a trade so that each player had to immediately play against their former team a few hours later with zero practice with their new team...
travel is one reason. The player immediately joins his new team without any worries. There is also a chance that if both teams are talking to each other about trades they'd prefer to do it before they play to risk the chance of players in the talks being injured.

The opposing side is that it gives the GM an opportunity to see first hand how a player they are targetting responds to certain situations by having the coach of your team challenge the player by certain plays/style.

Of course that is pretty theoretical and given the implementation and abilitiy of the head coaches of both teams involved I doubt they'd be able to pull any of that off.

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:10 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
It has happened in extreme cases, one such involving the Flyers is when they got Andre Dupont. The trade was announced late afternoon with the Blues in town. The swapped players each played that night.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:13 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I might be in the minority of Oilers fans but I'd sooner deal Yakupov than Eberle. Nail is probably our 2nd most talented player behind RNH but he is still pretty green on defense (not that Eberle is great on D either). Seeing as we are trying to win now, IMO Eberle is a better player for that role at least for the next year or two.
Que?

The Oilers seem in the middle stages of a rebuilding phase to me.

11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Que?

I don't think anyone honestly knows what Edmonton is doing.

11-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Que?

It's been 7 years since they made the playoffs. It's time for the rebuild to be over.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:54 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Que?

they've been re-building for 10 years

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I'd be completely shocked if that went down. It would be highway robbery. I'd love every second of it, but it just seems way too low. I mean, look at it this way, would you trade B. Schenn for Immer/L. Schenn? I wouldn't. Then factor in thatEberle is better than Schenn and I really wouldn't. But if they do...that would be awesome.

Old
11-09-2013, 12:59 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It's been 7 years since they made the playoffs. It's time for the rebuild to be over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
they've been re-building for 10 years

It doesn't mean it's not over; they don't have the depth to make the playoffs. I don't see how they can be in 'win now' mode, as Bryanbryoil suggested.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Akanon

Quote:
In the sportsnets article my saving grace was right here

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/e...ayne-simmonds/

I can sleep well at night now thank goodness.

Also it seems like some Oiler fans are more worried about the players offensive numbers they put up instead of winning games. Yes, Eberle can put up 70+ points, but where has that gotten them the last few years? Nowhere. Hall+Eberle+RNH+Yak all have tremendous skill, but they do not play a gritty game. The NHL is much more than finesse. I believe MacT is looking to make a move, and I don't blame him.
Just add Couturier on that list and then I'm happy.

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 01:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

If Eberle truly is coming here, I think Simmer/Coburn/Mez (salary dump) and one of Scchenn, Coots, Voracek, or Laughton is going. Flyers get Eberle, Hemsky, something else thrown in (Ben Eager? Ryan Johnson?)

To EDM
Simmonds
Coburn
Mez
Laughton

To PHI
Eberle
Hemsky
Eager

Hartnell-G-Eberle
Schenn-Vinny-Voracek
Read-Coots-Hemsky
Rinaldo-Hall-Raffl
Rosehill/Newbury

Streit-Schenn
Timonen-Grossman
Gus-Gill
Whomever

Old
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Rosehill for Eberle.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 02:59 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Rosehill for Eberle.
No way. The last thing this team needs is to deal away offensive depth.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Jack de la Hoya

So...all of that speculation was for nothing?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
My guess is most likely but maybe they have a deal in place but just wanted to wait until after the game

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I still think there is a lot of talking going on. Edmonton is going to keep getting more desperate by the day, not saying they will give a player away, but they most likely will start thinking about moving a player as time goes on.