HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Sony Playstation 4 - Launch 11/15/13

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

vCash: 500
Pbly anywhere from $600-$1000. Expect a lot of people selling them though, and when that happens the prices generally keep going down so.

Old
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
glasgow26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler280 View Post
Canceled my Xbox live renewal today. Left the playstation bandwagon last gen but i'm hoping back on for this one after the xbox launch fiasco. Friday can't come soon enough

I have had good luck with BestBuy deliveries so far, knock on wood it gets here launch day.
I also canceled my XBL Gold renewal last week. And guess what day it expires? November 15th. Too perfect

Super excited for Friday. This week is going to go by slooowww.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Going to get my Vita today . Soooo ****ing excited .

Old
11-09-2013, 02:30 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Where did you order yours from? From what I understand, most online retailers in Canada will ship out the console's the day before launch, to make sure yours arrives on launch. Of course it likely depends on location and which service they use, but for example when I pre-ordered the Wii U, Puralator delivered it around noon on release day.
I pre-ordered mine on Amazon as soon as they went up for sale, but it still says the 18th or 19th.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I pre-ordered mine on Amazon as soon as they went up for sale, but it still says the 18th or 19th.
Yup I'm in the same boat. Only live 1 1/2 hours from the warehouse too.

Old
11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
SolidSnakeUS

According to Amazon, I will be getting KZ and Knack on the 13th and still scheduled for the 15th .

Old
11-09-2013, 03:08 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Pbly anywhere from $600-$1000. Expect a lot of people selling them though, and when that happens the prices generally keep going down so.
Kicking myself for not pre-ordering 2... might brave the lines as I have Friday off from work and studying...

Will wait and see if it's just the night before line-ups or if it's insanity and 2 day line-ups.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Are there any turtle beach headsets coming out that'll work for the new systems? My current head set is dying. :s

Old
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Can't wait until next week!

I picked up COD, BF4, and AC for PS3 with that Future Shop trade-in promotion. So basically got them for free since I traded in games that were 4-5 years old. I haven't touched them in years. I had already pre-ordered COD for PS4 when Future Shop had that $40/game E3 promotion going on. Now I can return that and get KZ instead.

So I'll have KZ, COD, BF4, AC, and NBA 2K14. Once I do the digital upgrades, the five PS4 games will cost me $110 total.

For the other Canadians, the manager at Future Shop said they're going to have a crazy Black Friday sale as well. Wouldn't give any details though. I'm definitely not going to wait out in the cold and line up for that but keep an eye out.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:27 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Are there any turtle beach headsets coming out that'll work for the new systems? My current head set is dying. :s
There's 2 right now.

A cheap one for $25 and another for $150.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets/ps4

Old
11-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Yea so in total I got Destiny, Watch Dogs, COD Ghosts, AC4 & COD Ghosts for the ps3, for $120 + $10 upgrade for AC4. Will be selling the Cod Ghosts for ps3 pbly to my dad or friend for 40-50$, so in total it cost $80 for 4 triple A games.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Going to get my Vita today . Soooo ****ing excited .
Lucky.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Can't wait until next week!

I picked up COD, BF4, and AC for PS3 with that Future Shop trade-in promotion. So basically got them for free since I traded in games that were 4-5 years old. I haven't touched them in years. I had already pre-ordered COD for PS4 when Future Shop had that $40/game E3 promotion going on. Now I can return that and get KZ instead.

So I'll have KZ, COD, BF4, AC, and NBA 2K14. Once I do the digital upgrades, the five PS4 games will cost me $110 total.

For the other Canadians, the manager at Future Shop said they're going to have a crazy Black Friday sale as well. Wouldn't give any details though. I'm definitely not going to wait out in the cold and line up for that but keep an eye out.
I hope they have it online as well...

I actually want to get a better hard drive for the PS4.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
chasespace

Got my hands on a DS4 in Target today while I played a demo of Knack, I really liked the feel of it. I need to try the XBone controller first before I decide on which one to buy, the responsive triggers on the XBone controller interest me a lot.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I hope they have it online as well...

I actually want to get a better hard drive for the PS4.
They usually have a decent sale online but the really good deals are with the door crashers. But it's way too cold here to wait outside for a sale. Some insane people will be out there at midnight. Today was probably the longest I've ever waited in line and that was for about an hour and it was inside the store.

Any idea which HD to get? I'll want to pick one up eventually.

Old
11-09-2013, 03:52 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
They usually have a decent sale online but the really good deals are with the door crashers. But it's way too cold here to wait outside for a sale. Some insane people will be out there at midnight. Today was probably the longest I've ever waited in line and that was for about an hour and it was inside the store.

That's really tough to say as it all depends on price.

I mean in theory you can get a 480 GB SSD that will fit for $500 or so... but that's more than a PS4.

There's 7200 RPM drives around $150'ish that are the same size that would work @ 500gb... but really if i'm upgrading it i'd want a bigger drive, usually more like $220-$250.

If I can get one of those for $100'ish i'll probably do it.

EDIT:

I was going to wait and check NCIX on boxing day... but i'll check Friday as well.

Old
11-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
That's really tough to say as it all depends on price.

I mean in theory you can get a 480 GB SSD that will fit for $500 or so... but that's more than a PS4.

There's 7200 RPM drives around $150'ish that are the same size that would work @ 500gb... but really if i'm upgrading it i'd want a bigger drive, usually more like $220-$250.

If I can get one of those for $100'ish i'll probably do it.

EDIT:

I was going to wait and check NCIX on boxing day... but i'll check Friday as well.
I'm not changing the HD unless I get a bigger drive.

Old
11-09-2013, 04:24 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
I'm not changing the HD unless I get a bigger drive.
Well you can just straight up buy a 1 TB one for about $150... but a faster/bigger one is more like $220-$250 without sale pricing.

Thus blackfriday or boxing day.

Old
11-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:

Were you at south future shop? It sounds like everything you've been saying exactly matches up with my experience (overhearing the manager talking about black friday, hour long inside store wait, etc)

Old
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Were you at south future shop? It sounds like everything you've been saying exactly matches up with my experience (overhearing the manager talking about black friday, hour long inside store wait, etc)
I went there first but there really wasn't a lineup. I got there around 9:40 and they already started letting people in to speed things up. I was in and out pretty quick. Then I went to the Best Buy in South Common and had to wait for a bit but it wasn't too long. The Best Buy near 17th street is where I had to wait for just over an hour inside.

The manager talking about Black Friday was at the south FS.

Old
11-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Quote:
I went there first but there really wasn't a lineup. I got there around 9:40 and they already started letting people in to speed things up. I was in and out pretty quick. Then I went to the Best Buy in South Common and had to wait for a bit but it wasn't too long. The Best Buy near 17th street is where I had to wait for just over an hour inside.

The manager talking about Black Friday was at the south FS.
Ah, we basically were in opposite paths. I went to Best Buy at around 9:40 then got out quick, then waited an hour at Future Shop.

Old
11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

One more week, omergerd! I'm pretty disappointed with the launch titles though. There's literally no games that I have interest in besides BF4. Watch Dogs is delayed. Assassins Creed looks like it improved on its naval warfare but it's a game I know I wouldn't touch again after finishing the story so I'll just wait for a price drop. I'm burned out from COD. I'm just really disappointed that I would have no games to put in my shiny new toy. Warframe looks good though and it's free.

Old
11-09-2013, 06:31 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
One more week, omergerd! I'm pretty disappointed with the launch titles though. There's literally no games that I have interest in besides BF4. Watch Dogs is delayed. Assassins Creed looks like it improved on its naval warfare but it's a game I know I wouldn't touch again after finishing the story so I'll just wait for a price drop. I'm burned out from COD. I'm just really disappointed that I would have no games to put in my shiny new toy. Warframe looks good though and it's free.
There's also a free pre-order for PS4 Warframe that gives you some in game cash and weapons.

Old
11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Also Minecraft will be available at launch for the PS4. Weeeeee!

Old
11-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Hammettf2b

vCash: 14277
Just got a call from my local Gamestop. Looks like they're having a promotion for tomorrow only where if you trade in a console and put it down towards anything PS4 related (console, games, accesories) they will give you an extra 90% trade in value. I'm keeping my PS3 but for ppl that aren't, it seems like a good deal

Closed Thread