HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sheessheee.....Bruins board is going loco over Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Sheessheee.....Bruins board is going loco over Lindros

If you get a chance, check out the B's board as they are going totally bonkers over there saying "Lindros is dirty"...."He cheap shotted Joey"...."Forget the two points tomorrow, gotta get revenge and take out Lindros"......yada yada yada....

Dunno about y'all but from my vantage point watching the game on the dish, Lindros did NOTHING wrong.....NOTHING that should warrent him being taken out or cheapshotted. Maybe get into a fight...that's one thing, but to get purposly elbowed in the head or something by some Bruin goon because he kicked the a$$ of the B's captain in a fair fight.....Ummmm....that's going way too far.

It was two big big men having a tussle and Lindros clocked him......simple as that. Is it a shame that Thornton is likely out for a month or two....eh?. Absolutaly...I happen to like Thornton quite a bit and the way he plays the game. But hockey is a mans sport and these two giants settled their differences on the ice in a fair and square fight and now these B's wackos, who are obviously embarrassed about their captain getting pummeled, are talking crazy. I dunno, just thought it interesting that rather than be happy with two points they got, they are talking "taking Lindros out"......hmmmmm.

Tell ya what, Simon and Barnaby better be on the lookout for Eric and its real good that they are Lindros's linemated cause he's definitly going to be a marked man......though its stupid and dumb and he beat Thornton up fair and square, that's just the way it is......

-Maxie

Old
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
First off, Lindros hit him a great shot.....Kicking his ass is a little bit of an exaggeration....

I wouldn't worry about tomorrow too much...Bruins had plenty of time to get him back, but most realize it was a fair fight and Joe was on the losing end.....

I think most are po'd about the head butt off the face off then the two crosschecks before the fight, but Joe will have his day with EL down the road...

I think had a Ranger such as Messier or even Lindros suffered a fractured cheekbone you would be upset as well, even if it was unwarranted.....

Watch out for Doull tomorrow...The guy is nut, and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if he threw a flying elbow at Lindros....Simon or whomever needs to get him thrown out quick...

Old
01-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
First off, Lindros hit him a great shot.....Kicking his ass is a little bit of an exaggeration....

I wouldn't worry about tomorrow too much...Bruins had plenty of time to get him back, but most realize it was a fair fight and Joe was on the losing end.....

I think most are po'd about the head butt off the face off then the two crosschecks before the fight, but Joe will have his day with EL down the road...

I think had a Ranger such as Messier or even Lindros suffered a fractured cheekbone you would be upset as well, even if it was unwarranted.....

Watch out for Doull tomorrow...The guy is nut, and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if he threw a flying elbow at Lindros....Simon or whomever needs to get him thrown out quick...
Get over it already. Joe is known for being mean with his stick too. He is a nototrious stickman, just like Lindros, and a lot of other big mean centers. He took exception and got beat. Tough luck. Stop *****ing already.

Old
01-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Maximus

Quote:

I hear ya WhamCam.....that dude Doull is a sicko but I'm sure Simon,Purinton and Barnaby have been told that in no uncertain terms that there is no way that Doull makes it out of his first shift so as to make sure "order" is maintained. Problem is, the Rangers have some bones to pick as well with the B's as besides Doull's cheapshot of Nedved, there was that knee to knee hit with Kasper going down.

My only beef Cam is that when reading your board over there in B's land, its as if y'all know it was a fair and square fight and your captain got beat but, other than one dude over there who seems to have some objectivity, the credo "we should end Lindros' career anyways" seems to be in play.......ya follow?. And that just aint right.

And to be honest, if Lindros would have gotten pummled by JoeyT and not the other way around, I'd be upset and dissapointed that Lindros would be out for awhile cause he's playing great but I'd not be looking to end JoeyT's career or anything like that.....Gotta have respect for the game and when two guys tangle in a fair fight and someone loses big like JoeyT did, one just has to take it as that's part of the game. Getting revenge and trying to end another players career cause your captain got beat up, isn't!.

We'll see how it plays out tomorrow. I know, I for one, will be watching what should be a PIM fest with the Rangers hopefully getting themselves two big points.

-Maxie

Old
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Let 'em whine. It's called karma.

Last I checked Thornton was the one that went down hard and had to go to the hospital immediately after. I'd say that qualifies as an ass kicking.

Old
01-20-2004, 03:46 AM
leafaholix*

I like them both... but that Lindros punch was CLEEEEAAAAN!

Old
01-20-2004, 08:28 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
Get over it already. Joe is known for being mean with his stick too. He is a nototrious stickman, just like Lindros, and a lot of other big mean centers. He took exception and got beat. Tough luck. Stop *****ing already.
Who's biatching? I'm over it.......I'd be more worried about the two points if I were you..

Old
01-20-2004, 08:31 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus915
I hear ya WhamCam.....that dude Doull is a sicko but I'm sure Simon,Purinton and Barnaby have been told that in no uncertain terms that there is no way that Doull makes it out of his first shift so as to make sure "order" is maintained. Problem is, the Rangers have some bones to pick as well with the B's as besides Doull's cheapshot of Nedved, there was that knee to knee hit with Kasper going down.

My only beef Cam is that when reading your board over there in B's land, its as if y'all know it was a fair and square fight and your captain got beat but, other than one dude over there who seems to have some objectivity, the credo "we should end Lindros' career anyways" seems to be in play.......ya follow?. And that just aint right.

And to be honest, if Lindros would have gotten pummled by JoeyT and not the other way around, I'd be upset and dissapointed that Lindros would be out for awhile cause he's playing great but I'd not be looking to end JoeyT's career or anything like that.....Gotta have respect for the game and when two guys tangle in a fair fight and someone loses big like JoeyT did, one just has to take it as that's part of the game. Getting revenge and trying to end another players career cause your captain got beat up, isn't!.

We'll see how it plays out tomorrow. I know, I for one, will be watching what should be a PIM fest with the Rangers hopefully getting themselves two big points.

-Maxie
Agreed.....It's not right about Lindros....What should happen is, March 4th, if Joe and Eric wish to, they should settle their differences again....

Not sure about the PIM fest...The B's had a half game to do something and they didn't...It was a clean fight and a clean win for E....Players respect that...I'm sure Joe will be the first to say he got clocked, time to move on....Plus Kaspar said the hit from McGillis was an accident, so that tension is gone....I would expect Doull to fight Simon and Purinton again, but that's it...The Rangers are in dire need of some points...I think thats how they'll play...

Old
01-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Agreed.....It's not right about Lindros....What should happen is, March 4th, if Joe and Eric wish to, they should settle their differences again....

Not sure about the PIM fest...The B's had a half game to do something and they didn't...It was a clean fight and a clean win for E....Players respect that...I'm sure Joe will be the first to say he got clocked, time to move on....Plus Kaspar said the hit from McGillis was an accident, so that tension is gone....I would expect Doull to fight Simon and Purinton again, but that's it...The Rangers are in dire need of some points...I think thats how they'll play...
To be honest, I'd be real suprised if on 3/4, EL and JoeyT went at it again. Both of them don't ordinarily fight and usually let their games do their talking. And so I'd be real suprised if they went at it. Now as far as tonight, no question in my mind, Rangers are going to set the tone from opening faceoff and make sure your B's get off their game early. I see a PIM fest especially if Rangers get off to the kind of start the B's got off to yesterday. Don't be suprised if Simon takes on Gill and Doull after what Gill did to Barnaby and what Doull did to Nedved. Barnaby taking on Lapointe won't suprise me either.

So, yes there will be lots of extracurriculas but Rangers absolutaly have to get 2 points tonight.....Should be a great game to witness either live or on the dish....

-Max

Old
01-20-2004, 10:08 AM
TXNYR

The board looks a lot different now. I would say that half, if not most, agree that Joe lost the fight and fair is fair.

Old
01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNYR
The board looks a lot different now. I would say that half, if not most, agree that Joe lost the fight and fair is fair.
Well he did lose the fight fair and square. What bugs me is that B's fans are talking about retribution tactics like "ending Lindros' career" and stuff like that all cause he took care of business and beat up on their beloved JoeyT in a fair fight....ridiculous if you ask me.

-Max

Old
01-20-2004, 10:29 AM
TXNYR

Quote:
Well he did lose the fight fair and square. What bugs me is that B's fans are talking about retribution tactics like "ending Lindros' career" and stuff like that all cause he took care of business and beat up on their beloved JoeyT in a fair fight....ridiculous if you ask me.
True. Some are. They are falling back on the old B's and team pride, etc. But one poster, Joe...something, responded that some of the old B players would have complimented Lindros on his KO punch.

I think that this is the only Lindros that is truly effective. THIS is the E that we paid for. Now that we got it, I think that it will be short lived. But, I would rather he end his career doing his best than milking out a few more years playing conservatively. I wonder what happened with E? What a turnaround. The man is playing INSANE!

Old
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Maximus

Quote:
True. Some are. They are falling back on the old B's and team pride, etc. But one poster, Joe...something, responded that some of the old B players would have complimented Lindros on his KO punch.

I think that this is the only Lindros that is truly effective. THIS is the E that we paid for. Now that we got it, I think that it will be short lived. But, I would rather he end his career doing his best than milking out a few more years playing conservatively. I wonder what happened with E? What a turnaround. The man is playing INSANE!
As they should, seeing what the BigE and JoeyT got involved in was old time hockey at its finest. Only unfortunate thing was that Thornton got pretty banged up but as far as the fight was concerned, how can anyone complain about it, is beyond me.

And as far Lindros' play as of late, though its not as dominant as it once was back in the late 90's with the Flyers, he's playing as good if not better than he did when he,Fleury and York got on that roll a few years ago and simply dominated. And to think, he's doing this with much less skilled linemates like Simon and Barnaby makes it even that more remarkable what he has done.

I dunno if its going to be so shortlived as it appears to me that despite his much more physical and effective play the past 2 months or so, Lindros is playing alot smarter than he used to as 99.9% of the time, he seemingly has his head up at all times compared to the past when he played with much more reckless abandon.

We shalt see how it plays out and we just have to hope that the tiny % of the time he doesn't keep his head up, he doesn't get cold cocked by a goon like that guy Doull of the Bruins or some other guy who wants to make a name for himself as the guy who knocked Lindros out for good.

But yeah, bottom line is Lindros is playing fantastic hockey and if the Rangers are to make the playoffs, its going to be cause he carried them there on his back.

-Max

Old
01-20-2004, 12:32 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I wonder what happened with E? What a turnaround. The man is playing INSANE!
Being cynical by nature, I would assume his pending free agency might have something to do with it.

Old
01-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Fletch

I partly agree, klingsor..

I think that with Eric his confidence has built up after going an entire season injury-free (which of course means concussion-free too). Heck, aside from a minor concussion a couple years ago, he hasn't suffered much hurt to the noggin' despite some aggressive play. Of course his pending UFA status (which takes away his $8.5 million per) comes into play, but I think his confidence has a little to do with things too.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus915

-Max
and u got people over talking about going after sammy and seeking retribution for a hit by Mcgillis that even Kapser said was accidental.
Goes both ways on both boards

Old
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
and u got people over talking about going after sammy and seeking retribution for a hit by Mcgillis that even Kapser said was accidental.
Goes both ways on both boards
I'm not saying that's right either and I sincerely hope that doesn't occur to Samsonov. McGillis will get his tonight or another night even if it was borderline dirty no matter what Kasper says....its just the way the hockey gods work things.
But I hear ya, hopefully there won't be any cheapshots and it will be good clean hard hitting hockey with a few fights mixed in so we can move on...

-Max

Old
01-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
With you "logic" you must think it is perfectly OK that Kasparitis got his twig snapped by McGillis because Kaspar has gone low on players in the past...right?

Old
01-20-2004, 11:15 PM
stungun

i like points

Old
01-21-2004, 02:34 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Being cynical by nature, I would assume his pending free agency might have something to do with it.
He's trying to get Fergy to notice him.

Closed Thread