HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Player Appearances (See Post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
  #26
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post
Went from the 44/14/25 event to the Kane event; he looked really bored compared to the guys at Vickars. Walked in at 630 and was out at 635.
Yeah he is usually bored at signings, he looked the same at the EA Sports NHL12 release last year.

Aren't these guys being paid for this? I mean, yes its frustrating and takes its toll mentally but if you were a "celebrity" in a city wouldn't you want to do these types of HR events?

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:18 AM
  #27
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Yeah he is usually bored at signings, he looked the same at the EA Sports NHL12 release last year.

Aren't these guys being paid for this? I mean, yes its frustrating and takes its toll mentally but if you were a "celebrity" in a city wouldn't you want to do these types of HR events?
I wouldn't.

It depends on your personality. Some players probably enjoy the meet and greet events, others not so much.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
  #28
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I wouldn't.

It depends on your personality. Some players probably enjoy the meet and greet events, others not so much.
True enough.

Still looking for a Ladd signing anywhere, anyone know?

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:30 AM
  #29
buggs
Registered User
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: flatlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Yeah he is usually bored at signings, he looked the same at the EA Sports NHL12 release last year.

Aren't these guys being paid for this? I mean, yes its frustrating and takes its toll mentally but if you were a "celebrity" in a city wouldn't you want to do these types of HR events?
I'd be bored to tears. I was in line at the Kane signing and bored to tears but for being next in line to three puck bunnies that made it entirely bearable But those were few and far between, mostly it was families with kids, some hockey fans and some professional autograph hounds.

Kane was polite and friendly but brief, probably exactly how he has to behave for these events. They kept the people cranking through for sure, so even if he wanted to start a short conversation there was really no chance. He was bored, but professional.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:30 AM
  #30
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man
 
winterpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Yeah he is usually bored at signings, he looked the same at the EA Sports NHL12 release last year.

Aren't these guys being paid for this? I mean, yes its frustrating and takes its toll mentally but if you were a "celebrity" in a city wouldn't you want to do these types of HR events?
Not with that many people. Someday, I WILL be one, (I'm in a band, what's up! ) and I can imagine huge groups of people would be frustrating as all hell, but I also imagine I'd be the kind of guy that would gladly have a beer with a few of them anyday. While it's hard to imagine getting sick of people who admire you so much, I imagine it loses it's lustre after 4 hours of just signing.

If you got to take some time to chat with them, there'd be a lot of interesting people, but I imagine you answer the same questions a lot, say the same things a lot, and never really get anything that interesting from anyone, where as THEY all come away saying "I MET BOGO! " given that there are just so many.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:35 AM
  #31
wpglax
Registered User
 
wpglax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Still looking for a Ladd signing anywhere, anyone know?
He was in the Exchange after Tuesday's game, and signed a buncha stuff; @jetsvoice1290 (Brian Munz) was good enough to have posted on his Twitter that Ladd'd be there, I'd give him a folllow for potential future announcements for players. In the Exchange though, it's very much player based if they come over and sign for 1 person or everyone who's standing there.

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
  #32
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
Not with that many people. Someday, I WILL be one, (I'm in a band, what's up! ) and I can imagine huge groups of people would be frustrating as all hell, but I also imagine I'd be the kind of guy that would gladly have a beer with a few of them anyday. While it's hard to imagine getting sick of people who admire you so much, I imagine it loses it's lustre after 4 hours of just signing.

If you got to take some time to chat with them, there'd be a lot of interesting people, but I imagine you answer the same questions a lot, say the same things a lot, and never really get anything that interesting from anyone, where as THEY all come away saying "I MET BOGO! " given that there are just so many.
Little off topic, if you guys need a photographer for your band gimme a shout!

I see all your points, I sign MANY documents (sometimes upwards of 200) and my hand/arm starts to hurt after 20.... I can only imagine how it is with people who are starstruck over you.

Besides for the most part I would say our Jets players conduct themselves great in the public. Especially for the **** some of them have to put up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post
He was in the Exchange after Tuesday's game, and signed a buncha stuff; @jetsvoice1290 (Brian Munz) was good enough to have posted on his Twitter that Ladd'd be there, I'd give him a folllow for potential future announcements for players. In the Exchange though, it's very much player based if they come over and sign for 1 person or everyone who's standing there.
Damn, missed... I heard that on the post game show when I was almost home.

Hopefully next time. My plan is to get my jersey signed then frame it (it was one of the first batch of pro jerseys last year with the first year patch and all). Then I'll buy another and either leave it blank or get someone else on it.


Last edited by ajmidd12: 04-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.
ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:11 AM
  #33
wpglax
Registered User
 
wpglax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=672637

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 10:31 AM
  #34
wpglax
Registered User
 
wpglax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Evander Kane will be at EB Games St Vital tonight, from 9:00pm-11:00pm, as a promotional for the launch of NHL 14 (which they are selling at midnight).
Line will start at 7:00pm. He will ONLY be signing variant covers of NHL 14. Not sure if you need to have pre-ordered to be a part of this.

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 11:04 AM
  #35
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,525
vCash: 50
Interesting. Great to hear.


Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 14m

Big Buff is on ice with #nhljets. Looks very good. Best he's looked since coming to Winnipeg #nhl #bn

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
  #36
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post
Evander Kane will be at EB Games St Vital tonight, from 9:00pm-11:00pm, as a promotional for the launch of NHL 14 (which they are selling at midnight).
Line will start at 7:00pm. He will ONLY be signing variant covers of NHL 14. Not sure if you need to have pre-ordered to be a part of this.
#characterissues

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
  #37
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Interesting. Great to hear.
ehhhh...we'll see.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
  #38
R3DDRAG0N
Registered User
 
R3DDRAG0N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Interesting. Great to hear.
Gary lawless....yeah such a credible source...

R3DDRAG0N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:42 PM
  #39
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DDRAG0N View Post
Gary lawless....yeah such a credible source...
Considering how hard Lawless is on Buff for not being in prime athletic shape, I can believe him this time. Lawless actually saw him today.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
  #40
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpglax View Post
Evander Kane will be at EB Games St Vital tonight, from 9:00pm-11:00pm, as a promotional for the launch of NHL 14 (which they are selling at midnight).
Line will start at 7:00pm. He will ONLY be signing variant covers of NHL 14. Not sure if you need to have pre-ordered to be a part of this.
Until we know what he will be wearing we will know nothing about his dedication to the city and the team.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 12:57 AM
  #41
EKANE9JETS
Registered User
 
EKANE9JETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,447
vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Until we know what he will be wearing we will know nothing about his dedication to the city and the team.
what do you mean by this?

EKANE9JETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
  #42
wpglax
Registered User
 
wpglax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Waverley Mitsubishi - 1717 Waverley Street
Affiliated with: Michael Frolik, Anthony Peluso

Tuesday, November 19th
5pm-7pm

Quote from Facebook: "November 19, 2013 5pm-7pm! Peluso and Frolik will be here and we're giving away 2 Jets tix to one lucky attendee!

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
  #43
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,344
vCash: 500
Peluso you say...
Where's my Kazakh marriage sack?!?!

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
  #44
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Still no Ladd signings Damn...

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 09:16 PM
  #45
Unruhch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Ladd did do one of the first signings actually. It was at the same time of an opening of a store in polo park. We were there shopping and he had showed up an hour late cause it was the time change weekend
First yet back.

Unruhch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
  #46
hockey-brent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming event! Always appreciated!

hockey-brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:20 PM
  #47
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unruhch View Post
Ladd did do one of the first signings actually. It was at the same time of an opening of a store in polo park. We were there shopping and he had showed up an hour late cause it was the time change weekend
First yet back.
I know but I found out about that one too late...

If anyone knows about any Ladd signings let me know.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:37 PM
  #48
hockey-brent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Or if anyone hears anything about any signings, let us all know!

hockey-brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  #49
thesawch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
If you want the jets autographs just go to iceplex when they practice there. Just watch when events at MTS center are on then they practice at iceplex and if you go about half an hour before they practice you can get most autographs when they leave the gym to the dressing room. I go all the time when i can nad I have all the autographs from the team for 2 or 3 items each..Before the season starts you can get lots of nhlers autographs at iceplex on a regular basis. Hamonic,Eakins,Fehr, the guy from the devils name escpaes me right now,Reaves,etc etc.

thesawch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:52 PM
  #50
wpglax
Registered User
 
wpglax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Reminder for everyone interested:

Peluso & Frolik @ Waverley Mitsubishi tonight 5-7pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

wpglax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.