HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price makes WJC team!

Old
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
HabuseMoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
INTERESTING (maybe QUIRKY?) FACT!!:

Carey Price is the biggest player (weighs the most) of the Canadian team!!...217 Lbs!! Big boy!! And, his height is 6'2"... (in the "Hockey News Yearbook" magazine he was listed as 6'2, 222lbs).

Luc Bourdon (211 lbs)
Marc Staal (207lbs)
Maybe he'll be like Ron Hextall and will start checking players! =D

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
1) Price, Bernier and Irving are all great goaltenders and NHL high draft pick.

2) Irving didn't face a lot of rubber this year with Everett but his stats are impressives. Not a lot of goaltenders can be as great when receiving no shots! Irving has a bright NHL futur ahead of him. He seems to be great when receiving less than 30 shots!

3) Price's upside is just huge. he got all the tools and he can litterally stole somes games for his teams. But he is kind of inconsistent. he seems to be great when receiving more than 30 shots! In this way, he reminds me Luongo!

+ Price's puck control are above average! Sometimes he can be the the 3rd d-men
there not above average, there almost legendary, he's in Brodeur's league, i have a cousin in Vancouver who's seen Price alot and told me that evreytime he touched the puck the other team would starting playing the trap as soon as possible, he can wrist shot the puck all the way to the other end and he's able to complete passes to players who are on the fly, it'l be nice to watch in a couple of years

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 03:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
there not above average, there almost legendary, he's in Brodeur's league, i have a cousin in Vancouver who's seen Price alot and told me that evreytime he touched the puck the other team would starting playing the trap as soon as possible, he can wrist shot the puck all the way to the other end and he's able to complete passes to players who are on the fly, it'l be nice to watch in a couple of years
I was listening to one of Tri Cities games the other day and the radio guys were saying that Price after the morning skate one day was firing pucks from his net into the opposing net and hitting top shelf. His puck skills are sick.

Here's a wjc preview,
http://www.habprospects.com/modules....article&sid=41

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I was listening to one of Tri Cities games the other day and the radio guys were saying that Price after the morning skate one day was firing pucks from his net into the opposing net and hitting top shelf. His puck skills are sick.

Here's a wjc preview,

Nice job and WOW top shelf????

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:

Here's a wjc preview,
This is definitely interesting news!!
Thanks for the info. (First time I read about this...only on "Hockey's Future" that I can get this kind of info).

He just might one day (in the NHL) score ONE goal (maybe even TWO!!).
You never know, you never know...

Lots and lots of upside to CAREY PRICE + just might (one day) have BRODEUR-like puck-handling skills...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 09:05 AM
VGTvidz

Cant wait to see Price working everyday with Roland Melanson, I think Melanson will be able to help him even more and step him to the next level. Will be awesome!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGTvidz View Post
Cant wait to see Price working everyday with Roland Melanson, I think Melanson will be able to help him even more and step him to the next level. Will be awesome!
IMO, if Rollie Melançon wasn't in our coach team we would have never drafted Price to start with. Carey needs alot of tweakening in his technique and you need someone who know's what he's talking about to help him. Price has every tool possible to become a top3 goalie in the NHL( glove hand, puck control, size, quick reflexes....) It's how he moves and stands up that's a concern so that when he's not hot he tends to let alot of goals in, once he starts working with Melançon he's going to be one h*ll of a goalie

Old
12-18-2006, 03:07 AM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblaze View Post
I see what you mean. To be fair though, Ramzi Abid also had great stats in the Q.

Price also has been rated quite highly by most Habs fans, some might say over-rated. I'll give you the fact that he did look great in preseason though; he has that over Irving.

It's still a long shot to say Price will be the second coming of Roy; I just hope he'll be more consistent than Theodore was. It'd be nice to have a goalie that you can rely on for 70-ish games.

Also at anyone who said Irving compares to Brodeur. Brodeur is errr... quite the longshot. If I wanted to over-rate him, I'd compare him to Mike Richter. Still I wouldn't be surprised if Irving got the nod as starter above Price for Team Canada if only because in recent years the staff have prefered the workhorse to the flashy goalie.
Price a flashy goalie? He's calm and well positioned. He's not flashy at all. In fact, at times he looks a little too calm, like Huet.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 04:23 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Price a flashy goalie? He's calm and well positioned. He's not flashy at all. In fact, at times he looks a little too calm, like Huet.
Well Price moves very fluidly, has great reflex, superb glove hand and loves to move the puck ahead when he makes a save, a bit like Brodeur...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 06:51 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Hartsburg came out and stated that the starter won't be decided until after the exhibition games.. Price and Irving get one full game each to make their case.

12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Habitants

just saw on TSN Thats Hockey. McGuire was asked if team canada had what it takes to win the tournament, and if they had a goalie who was mvp calibre...

his response? yes, he is very impresssed with carey price and how good he is and how much more mature he is. he thinks price can do the job and lead them to gold

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Where can you see any of the Belarus games at? I cant find any of there games on the TSN schedule

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
paddymor

way to go Carey, make Canada proud!

paddymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
just saw on TSN Thats Hockey. McGuire was asked if team canada had what it takes to win the tournament, and if they had a goalie who was mvp calibre...

his response? yes, he is very impresssed with carey price and how good he is and how much more mature he is. he thinks price can do the job and lead them to gold
Pierre Mcguire is a very sad fellow, he called us the losers of the draft cause we drafted Price instead of Stall or Bourdon

Old
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Price does remind me of Brodeur, although of course no one is in a position to predict equal success. However, we need not worry about a goaltending crisis when Huet is no longer playing for the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Pierre Mcguire is a very sad fellow, he called us the losers of the draft cause we drafted Price instead of Stall or Bourdon

At least he didn't cite Brule.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:15 AM
NewHabsEra*

When are team Canada exhibition games? Is it on TV?

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 01:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
When are team Canada exhibition games? Is it on TV?
tomorrow, don't know about tv though

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 02:16 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
tomorrow, don't know about tv though
Aren't they all being broadcast via TSN? Or are the exhibition games not included in that?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 02:58 AM
guest1467

No exhibition games are included in the coverage. Hopefully Price has a good game and can win the starting role for the team. It would be a major boost of confidence for Price if he were to be successful at this tournament(which is pretty much winning the gold medal).

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4124

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Toro

I can't wait to watch canada in the WJC. Favorite time of the year(except when were in the playoffs )

This years team will be a deep one and i hope that price shines. and a lot of ppl can eat crow He can be come a great goalie and was a good pick. Time will tell.

But if Mcgwire says what he said..even with his history on the subject, then im excited.

Go Canada Go

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote