HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2013, 10:09 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
ET Talks Trash to Iggy...

ET probably also did it to Wall...maybe this is his way of assuring the Sixers lose properly..

Quote:
“Evan actually texted me right after they beat the Bulls. He was kind of talking trash,” Iguodala said after the Warriors’ win.

“He said you’re next,” alluding to Igoudala’s Warriors being next in line to succumb to the surprising Sixers.

Turner’s trash talk obviously didn’t work so well, as Iguodala went off for a career-high seven three-pointers, several under Turner’s own defensive watch.

Iguodala apparently wasn’t even concerned about scoring heading into the contest, but instead was looking to shut down Turner, who he views as an ultimate competitor.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...mXEfAYTEqYH.99

Old
11-07-2013, 12:17 PM
flyersguy33*

glad they got the wins out of the way early. now they can focus on losing.

Old
11-09-2013, 10:53 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Michael carter williams!!!!!!!!

Old
11-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Michael carter williams!!!!!!!!
Dude is a baller.

Old
11-09-2013, 11:39 PM
FLYguy3911

This team is tough. They hit every big shot.

Old
11-10-2013, 07:51 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2m

ELIAS: 130 Points & 50 Assists in 1st 7 Career Games - NBA History: Oscar Robertson, 1960-61, and Michael Carter-Williams, 2013-2014.
That's an interesting stat.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Justified
Amaro out

as constructed right now, they arent even close to bad enough to finish with a top 4 worst record. If that is their goal, they should trade Young and Turner asap. With MCW and Noel, they may have a solid foundation in place.

11-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
as constructed right now, they arent even close to bad enough to finish with a top 4 worst record. If that is their goal, they should trade Young and Turner asap. With MCW and Noel, they may have a solid foundation in place.
I gotta agree, a lot of people definitely underestimated this team. Even if we aren't the worst team, we need at least a top 4-5 pick.

There are some teams with absolutely worse talent than the sixers: including the jazz, nuggets, celtics, and apparently the kings (who i thought may be able to put together a good season this year)

Then there appear to be teams on the sixer's level like the suns, lakers (w/o kobe), the bucks, and a few others.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I gotta agree, a lot of people definitely underestimated this team. Even if we aren't the worst team, we need at least a top 4-5 pick.

There are some teams with absolutely worse talent than the sixers: including the jazz, nuggets, celtics, and apparently the kings (who i thought may be able to put together a good season this year)

Then there appear to be teams on the sixer's level like the suns, lakers (w/o kobe), the bucks, and a few others.
I dunno, I've got to think that Hawes will do his disappearing act soon and that Turner won't shoot over 50% all season. I also don't think that the Nuggets are that bad and they should get Gallinari back at some point.

Plus I think that some combination of Turner, Hawes and Thad will be traded during the year. We can make a run at the #1 pick before it's all over.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:12 PM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I dunno, I've got to think that Hawes will do his disappearing act soon and that Turner won't shoot over 50% all season. I also don't think that the Nuggets are that bad and they should get Gallinari back at some point.

Plus I think that some combination of Turner, Hawes and Thad will be traded during the year. We can make a run at the #1 pick before it's all over.
If Turner continues to not settle for outside shots like he did during his first couple years and instead continues to penetrate and get to the foul line or take medium range jumpers I think he can continue to have a high shooting %.

The problem with trading him is what do you get? I think you'd have to look to trade him to a contending team because Evan Turner is a FA after the season. A rebuilding team isn't going to give up assets because he can't be offered a contract until the off-season and they don't even get his bird rights so there's no real advantage for that type of team to get Turner and give up assets.

I don't trust ET enough to re-sign him this off-season so I wouldn't see a problem getting simply a 1st round pick in the 18 to 30 range from a contending team.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Turner will be a restricted free agent, which is obviously better for trades than unrestricted.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Turner will be a restricted free agent, which is obviously better for trades than unrestricted.
I thought he lost RFA status which would have been last season if the Sixers had no picked up his option, but I was incorrect on that. So I guess if a rebuilding team really liked him then it could make sense to get him. You'd still need to basically consider him as a FA signee though because unlike the Sixers you'd not have bird rights.

I don't view Evan Turner as a significant building block of a franchise, but if he keeps playing like this maybe another team will and go for him.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Exactly.

And from watching wiggins a bit there is a huge diffrence between him and parker. Parker is a very savy poised and mature player but lacks elite athleticism.

Wiggins is a freak athlete. With a great looking jumpshot.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Yeah I don't think anyone on the roster is safe except Noel and MCW.

In Sam Hinkie I trust.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Hiesenberg

So the Sixers are failing, right?

Old
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Yeah I don't think anyone on the roster is safe except Noel and MCW.

In Sam Hinkie I trust.
In Hinkie, we trust.

Old
11-12-2013, 12:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I trust Hinkie to do the right thing with ET.....I don't think Hinkie sees him as a building block either. Reminds me of an Armon Gilliam type player....

Definitely think they should trade him soon.

I really hope the Sixers can secure a top 5 pick and if they got Wiggins it would be awesome so I doubt it will happen. All indications are that Wiggins is a black Larry Bird so I could see him going to the Celtics and hearing that comparison made for years...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-12-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: black not white
Old
11-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
I trust Hinkie to do the right thing with ET.....I don't think Hinkie sees him as a building block either. Reminds me of an Armon Gilliam type player....

Definitely think they should trade him soon.

I really hope the Sixers can secure a top 5 pick and if they got Wiggins it would be awesome so I doubt it will happen. All indications are that Wiggins is a black Larry Bird so I could see him going to the Celtics and hearing that comparison made for years...
I was able to catch Kentucky and Duke play a little, and Parker and Randle will WOW you, they look like excellent consolation prizes for not getting the #1 pick.

Randle is definitely the most NBA ready out of all of them, he looks like a dominant force.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:20 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Kansas plays Duke tonight. Good chance to see Wiggins and Parker play.

Old
11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Kansas plays Duke tonight. Good chance to see Wiggins and Parker play.
I can't wait. MSU and Kentucky play before that game also. In those two games there are 10+ total players that could go in the first round!

Old
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Gotta give the 76er new management credit on their drafting. So far MCW has been the top rookie in the league. Also their one 2nd round pick (who they traded right after) Nate Wolters is doing extremely well for the Bucks. Arsalan Kazemi also looks to be a decent bench guy.

Old
11-12-2013, 04:46 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Gotta give the 76er new management credit on their drafting. So far MCW has been the top rookie in the league. Also their one 2nd round pick (who they traded right after) Nate Wolters is doing extremely well for the Bucks. Arsalan Kazemi also looks to be a decent bench guy.
Hinkie's analytics....so far so good with the Sixers..also did well in Houston.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:20 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I was able to catch Kentucky and Duke play a little, and Parker and Randle will WOW you, they look like excellent consolation prizes for not getting the #1 pick.

Randle is definitely the most NBA ready out of all of them, he looks like a dominant force.
I love Randle. As long as they get a top 3 pick, I'll be satisfied.

Wiggins isn't made for the college game. There's not a lot of spacing and it's more of a half court game. He doesn't really get a chance to showcase his talents. That and Kansas has a lot of mouths to feed. He would be exciting to watch in BB's uptempo system. Crazy athlete. Thin as a rail, but that's a plus to me.

Parker is half the athlete Wiggins is but he is a bit more polished at this point. He's got a bit of that old man's game. Can do a little bit of everything. Seen comps to Melo and I can definitely see a little of that, but he's a very good passer. Upside isn't nearly as high as Wiggins.

Randle is a man amongst boys. He could be that low post scorer this team needs. That's intriguing to me. I just wonder what he'll measure in at.

I love Marcus Smart as well, but he's a combo guard. I'm not sure how he'd play as an off guard. He's a guy that loves to have the ball and likes to get to the hoop. I see a little Dion Waters in his game (who I like more than most). Built like a tank.

And then there's Dante Exum. An Australian PG (interesting considering BB's background) who has a similar build to MCW. I obviously haven't seen him play outside of highlight tapes, but there was a report saying he's leaning towards coming out and skipping the college route.

This should be a fun follow. Hopefully the Sixers keep up their end of the bargain.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post

And then there's Dante Exum. An Australian PG (interesting considering BB's background) who has a similar build to MCW. I obviously haven't seen him play outside of highlight tapes, but there was a report saying he's leaning towards coming out and skipping the college route.

This should be a fun follow. Hopefully the Sixers keep up their end of the bargain.
Exum is also intriguing, but I don't see him fitting with MCW. Although I've only seen highlights, the one word to describe him is EXPLOSIVE. Chad Ford has him #3 behind Parker and Wiggins. That could change as the season goes on.

I've been a huge fan of Randle, I think he would fit this team he best. But Wiggins ceiling is so high, its crazy.

As you said, top 3 pick HAS to be the objective this season. Although Ford says he sees 6-7 potential all-stars in this draft, which is crazy!!!

Old
11-13-2013, 12:51 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Exum is also intriguing, but I don't see him fitting with MCW. Although I've only seen highlights, the one word to describe him is EXPLOSIVE. Chad Ford has him #3 behind Parker and Wiggins. That could change as the season goes on.

I've been a huge fan of Randle, I think he would fit this team he best. But Wiggins ceiling is so high, its crazy.

As you said, top 3 pick HAS to be the objective this season. Although Ford says he sees 6-7 potential all-stars in this draft, which is crazy!!!
Yeah as I said he has a similar build to MCW. More explosive, better shooter, a lot more upside. He has more value as a PG, but I don't think it would be a stretch to say he could be a 2 guard and spell MCW at the point. He's very creative offensively. This team needs talent. I would hate to pass on him just to fill a position of need at this point in the rebuild. But this will all sort itself out in the coming months. I just hope the Sixers don't play themselves out of position.

Closed Thread