HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is your breaking point as a fan?

View Poll Results: How much longer before you start questioning you allegiance to the Oilers
I bleed copper and Blue 124 41.61%
1 more year 10 3.36%
2 more years 10 3.36%
I am starting to follow another team aleady 31 10.40%
Cheering for the Flames already 18 6.04%
Looking at other options 37 12.42%
I am enjoying the fan meltdown after every lose 68 22.82%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-10-2013, 12:31 AM
xlnc66

vCash: 500
So let me get this straight, we have a dude, who has witnessed 5 Stanley Cup Championships in his lifetime whining and throwing in the towel? LOL.....Guy is older then me and even i have witnessed 5 championship wins. Imagine being a Canucks fan who is 39 years old and has NEVER got to experience the team win a Stanley Cup, or a Leafs fan who has been waiting for 40+ years.

xlnc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

That's okay man, make sure you wear some eye protection when you get intimate watching the other teams, some of them are pretty dirty. If you try to come back the Oil might not take you if you become tainted and unclean watching the wrong players like that Kassian fellow.
Also it sounds like for the past 30 years you have been kinda cheap to the team. Nobody likes a fan who cheaps out on date night, and you haven't bought the team any flowers in ages. How long's it been since you said I love you Ryan Smyth? You need to go to church and see a pastor as you clearly have become jaded and torn from past relationship issues over the years.
You are just having a midlife crisis and are trying to blame it on the kids. We will take full custody of the team and I suppose you can have some visitation rights assuming you pay some kind of support and alimony.
Don't forget to drop off your taxes with at the Oilers office on your way out so we can determin your monthly child support payments. Someone's gotta pay for the kids diapers and kraft dinner, and nobody likes to see a starving Russian, Jultz is already starting to get malnourished.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:37 AM
GoOilers

We will miss your posts that have supported your team (last post before today , 2012)
A true fan , the whole board is weeping, as one of their own..... Has finally had enough.
Sorry but if you need to announce to the world you are no longer a fan, you never were.

GoOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Njoy Oilers

Unless a therapist admonished someone to come on HFOILERS to excercise their demons, you would have to be a masochist to want to spill your guts to some of the most twisted people out there. Good luck though!

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"

vCash: 50
some of you guys need to take off your massive homer glasses and see the situation the organization is in. stop being in denial. they've been telling us for the last 7 years that they're gonna rebuild and turn it around. every year is another kick to the gut. i love the team but seeing how badly it's being managed makes me step back and look at the big picture. this team is going nowhere but further down. same losing culture.

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:44 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknitty View Post
some of you guys need to take off your massive homer glasses and see the situation the organization is in. stop being in denial. they've been telling us for the last 7 years that they're gonna rebuild and turn it around. every year is another kick to the gut. i love the team but seeing how badly it's being managed makes me step back and look at the big picture. this team is going nowhere but further down. same losing culture.
It's not denial. We know how bad we are. Look at my posts from the last 2 days. xInc66 said it perfectly. Some of us just don't have sympathy for someone who's watched their team win that much. I was a couple months old the last time we won. I don't know what it's like. So excuse me for not feeling pitty on someone who got to see success

11-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Hockey Nightmare

Bah, you'll be back as soon as they start winning

(might take a decade tho)

Hockey Nightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:53 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post

Yawn...don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Original.

I'm actually interested in how you continue to support this gong show.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Can't believe the comments about not letting the door hit you on the way out. I wish I could feel that way because I wouldn't have to continue watching this crap and could cheer for a real team. This entire organization is sickening; Edmonton deserves much better than what we've had to endure. They don't even deserve fans, let alone the amount of money it costs to be tier 1.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

good riddance.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:06 AM
oilinblood

I think people (fans and especially fans on HF) think our players have more value than they actually hold. THis is why people are frustrated. They were sold this idea that this team was ready to charge out of the gate and compete and CONTEND. I dont remember MacT ever saying this and certainly by his aggressive manner in the off season going at teams with trade talks i can guess he saw lots of holes in this organization and NHL team. This team is going to take some time but is already better than the Tambo squad. I just dont get why people can give up now. personally i dont find the entertaining right now but they will be when they have a proper goaltender. The Oilers of the 90s were exciting because when they got Cujo they knew they could take the risks and WIN. It was a team that plaayed firewagon hockey even when they had Gage and Pokey in net. and lost games 7-4. When they got solid goaltending they all of a sudden won games 5-3, 4-2. This team though has more pressure and their balloon is shot every bad goal and whiff by their seive goalies.

I said it after the pre-season, that the organization was extremely weak in pretty much every position and that in 10 games people were going to be screaming for Eakins head. Most people on the boards will say they watch lots of other teams play and then defend Dubnyk... a guy the media has subtley mocked since last year (because they watch all teams) or they defend Smid or Petry or Gagner. These players are what they are, which in most cases is players that have been put above their talent level because of poor management. Smid and Petry are NEVER going to be top pair dmen. Dubnyk is NEVER going to be a starter that takes you to the prmised land. Gagner is never going to be a top CENTRE on a contender.

Since his hiring, nay...BEFORE his hiring, I have and continue to have faith in MACT getting the job done. My big speeches after the pre-season was to try to knock some people off their high horse with reality before reality did it more abusively. I have also preached patience. As sick as i am about that word its a fact of our position and the difference this time is the faith i have that our manager knows how to build a team, and an organization.

This will no longer be a place where you will get by because you are a good guy and you put your work in. If we arent seeing results and can get the same minutes from somone else...than consider yourself very expendible.

Smid is gone because the depth in the organization was terrible at goal and at centre. When i heard about the Smid trade a buddy described it at work to me moments after it was announced via twitter... as "Smid was just traded for 2 lousy prospects from Calgary"... without having known any rumors or the story i predicted outloud who the 2 prospects were. The Oilers have had a severe hard on, and have alot of familiarity and comfort with Brossoit. Our goaltending is terrible and Roy who was once thought to be a blue-chip prospect is not impressing Oielrs staff anymore and it was no secret they didnt see an nhl future for him (even as a backup). Horak is a player that will never reach his scoring output of his junior careeer but he already had a great two way game as a centre and reads plays well. he is normally paired, at the pro level, with plugs and grinders who dont have much finish (which to me showcases his abilities less). He wont be a top 2 centre on a good team... he WILL be a quality two way bottom 6 centre.

Both of these players fill NEEDS in this organization. They are a goaltender and a bottom 6 centre that the team has alot of faith in and are a more polished prospect to assess than junior players you pick on draft day.

ultimately Smid is gone because of 3 reasons. 1 Dubnyk has sucked the bed so badly that the Oilers indeed HAD TO make a move so they could tread water rather than continue as the laughing stock of the league. He has sucked so badly that when the team has played good and did good things in the system THEY TOOK A LOSS fROM THE CLUTCHES OF A WIN. Goaltending has been ATROCIOUS. Not even BEER LEAGUE WORTHY. If this team is going to gain any confidence in their system they have to stop diverging from it because they are freaked out that Dubnyk is back there and the next whiffer is going to go in at any moment. Smid is moved to get a replacement for Dubes (kiss of death from MacT). You will find that with MacT, if he has to go out and acquire a player BECAUSE YOU CANT DO YOUR JOB.... HE WILL NOT BE KEEPING YOU. Dubnyk is as good as gone(prediction, as i predicted MacT to release Peckham who he pointed out made the Oilers spend an asset to acquire Fistric because Theo came to camp not ready and lost his job). Reason 2 is Smid actually has value, he isnt a top defenseman but he is very consistent at being the player he is. Teams know what they will get from Smid. Reason 3... we need cap space to sign a player and have more room in the moves coming. Cap space is probably MacTs biggest asset as a rookie GM. GMs can play hardball with him but the more cap space he can make himself the more he forces GMs to come to him when deals are available. We have also improved our centre prospects and goaltendding in the organizational depth. One more reason is Smid, under Eakins isnt getting 3.5/3.8M dollars worth of ice time, he is not as integral in the Eakins system. MacT works WITH the coaching staff, something Lowe failed to do after 2007. He sees needs, and then he sees players who are not given roles they are paid to play (losing their jobs/icetime/roles). A job of a GM is to hire a coach, and then support the coach and his system by his player moves. MacT moving Smid, is moving a dman who wasnt seen as important by the coach as his paycheck might hint at.

This is a TERRIBLE goaltending team. Just god awful. There is hardly a point of even going out on the ice to compete when you have goalies that teams laugh at and their obvious game plan is to shoot from anywhere and every where because the goaltending is known to be so laughable.

MacT is doing the job of a manager. I said it this summer, i said it after our `successful`pre-season when everryone was orgasming and I said it 8 games in when predictably fans were calling for Eakins head and turning on Yaks, and I will say it again NOW. People werent looking at this team with clear vision, they were pushing this team based on a time line of other teams, they were oblivious of the lack of depth, they applauded lots of competition(in camp)...without seeing that that competition wasnt NHL competition and thus a precursor, they immediately wrote players in and expected better years for everyone , better years than any had perform yet or matches to career highsl. They predicted a coach changing food on press room table could implement systems within 10-20 games while their goalie crapped the bed and made the skaters play on egg shells. This is reality. This team neeeded work this spring, it still needs work, this year will be over and it WILL STILL Need work. This isnt a surprise. Buy in. YOu have a GM doing something. You have a GM getting specific players and prospects to fill specific needs. You dont have a guy hoping a square peg can adapt to aa circular hole.

Incse people havent been paying attention, since MacT took over he has been going after goalies. He can verbally pat Dubnyks back and be nice on record... but Dubnyk is not going to be here next year. If there was any doubt Devan has taken care of that himself. This team, and MacT knows it first hand, needs goaltending before it can ever play to its abilities with confidence.

Last edited by oilinblood: 11-10-2013 at 01:40 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:20 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post

Yawn...don't let the door hit you on your way out.
A poster goes out of his way to explain his reasoning and this is your response. Yeah blah blah blah is right. Can you tell your crush Eberle that floating and resting on those 6 million dollar laurels won't fly in this league, thanks. Maybe you need to understand the ramifications of a fan, ONE OF MANY I should add, who are fed up with an organization that takes them for granted. Katz has been a disaster for this team and frankly it would not surprise me in the least if he moves the team down the road. He is a typical greedy POS who cares more about money, get that MONEY.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:32 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
good riddance.
You too, I don't need some internet key stroker tough guy telling fans who actually give a **** how their team performs to take off. I respect your opinion that having blinders on is better than reality, the corporate world does wonders.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"

vCash: 50
I don't blame anyone for supporting or abandoning this train wreck organization. Each side has its points in regards to being duped by management with false hopes and empty promises, to eventual improvement and possible playoff contention with the talented young players they've acquired.

I think a lot of people have no problems supporting the team as long as they attempt to be competitive, but they aren't and that makes some of us cringe. It's a very emotional time to say the least, I don't ever remember having this much talent and still being so so bad. Frustrating. Then you got the rest of the league laughing and pointing.

Last edited by Slicknitty: 11-10-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:37 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
He has a good hockey mind and was our best coach since Sather.

He has done more to fix our goaltending than Tambo ever did.

Smid was redundant.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think he's righting the ship, despite the early returns.
what does that even mean?
Ok, so I should have faith in MacT cause he has fixed our goaltending situation How's about we let Bryz play a game here first.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:40 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
We will miss your posts that have supported your team (last post before today , 2012)
A true fan , the whole board is weeping, as one of their own..... Has finally had enough.
Sorry but if you need to announce to the world you are no longer a fan, you never were.
I can't figure out when this board became a joke until the pacifists for the organization called the Oilers called out their fellow fans who question a team that is continually spinning its wheels. Hmm, the fans are turning against a team that is now even worse than the teams in the last couple of years. Hmm this same team is second last in the league after 18 games, another dubious record. Hmm, their pp and pk stink compared to last year, yet us fans I guess are the stupid ones for not believing MacT and Lowes masterplan. Hmmm, who could believe Eakins is not really a puppet considering he was forced to take on(don't give me b.s. that smith and buchberger are the two best assistants in the league) smith and buchberger. Hmm the team keeps preaching patience yet this year the only team worse than us is Buffalo. So in other words, keep buying the crap the fans are being fed by one of the most incompetent teams in sports right now. You like the pablum, I don't. The liquor sufficed for some for a quite a long time, apathy is now setting in and there is a very good chance the Oilers will lose money.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:48 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
So let me get this straight, we have a dude, who has witnessed 5 Stanley Cup Championships in his lifetime whining and throwing in the towel? LOL.....Guy is older then me and even i have witnessed 5 championship wins. Imagine being a Canucks fan who is 39 years old and has NEVER got to experience the team win a Stanley Cup, or a Leafs fan who has been waiting for 40+ years.
Your right, it is better to be like other teams fans and reward incompetence. Just to give you a heads up, at least those two teams seem to be giving an effort and seem to give a **** about winning. If you actually believe who cares about how bad our team is because those two teams either have not won a Stanley Cup or have not in some time are the barometer for success, really what else is there to say.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:58 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
what does that even mean?
Ok, so I should have faith in MacT cause he has fixed our goaltending situation How's about we let Bryz play a game here first.
How about the obvious? How about you see that MacT had properly assessed our goaltending issue on his first day and went about trying to acquire a goalie all summer and all season so far AT A FAIR PRICE. MacT right now is the new kid... symbolically he is the GM being kept outside the huddle of the old boys club. This isnt unlike any other job... MacT is earning his stripes. Unlike his predecessor, MacT is actually working to find solutions and SPECIFIC solutions he has decided to target. There is a reason Bryz is a one year contract and MacT was willing to lose Bryz by not going longer on term.

I think people are shocked y just how weak this organization was when MacT took over, and still arent realizing there are very few players outside the big 5...6 now with Nurse, that have VERY LITTLE value to the market.
This isnt EANHL. You cant make other teams take your crap, your crap isnt ranked higher than it should be for the sake of selling games to those teams fans. Potter isnt getting you Simmonds. Smid isnt getting you a 1st rounder and god bless the GM who knows a coupld of prospects you know and have developed already a few years and played a pro level to be critiqued is much better than a draft pick to choose junior player that happes to be available.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I think people (fans and especially fans on HF) think our players have more value than they actually hold. THis is why people are frustrated. They were sold this idea that this team was ready to charge out of the gate and compete and CONTEND. I dont remember MacT ever saying this and certainly by his aggressive manner in the off season going at teams with trade talks i can guess he saw lots of holes in this organization and NHL team. This team is going to take some time but is already better than the Tambo squad. I just dont get why people can give up now. personally i dont find the entertaining right now but they will be when they have a proper goaltender. The Oilers of the 90s were exciting because when they got Cujo they knew they could take the risks and WIN. It was a team that plaayed firewagon hockey even when they had Gage and Pokey in net. and lost games 7-4. When they got solid goaltending they all of a sudden won games 5-3, 4-2. This team though has more pressure and their balloon is shot every bad goal and whiff by their seive goalies.

I said it after the pre-season, that the organization was extremely weak in pretty much every position and that in 10 games people were going to be screaming for Eakins head. Most people on the boards will say they watch lots of other teams play and then defend Dubnyk... a guy the media has subtley mocked since last year (because they watch all teams) or they defend Smid or Petry or Gagner. These players are what they are, which in most cases is players that have been put above their talent level because of poor management. Smid and Petry are NEVER going to be top pair dmen. Dubnyk is NEVER going to be a starter that takes you to the prmised land. Gagner is never going to be a top CENTRE on a contender.

Since his hiring, nay...BEFORE his hiring, I have and continue to have faith in MACT getting the job done. My big speeches after the pre-season was to try to knock some people off their high horse with reality before reality did it more abusively. I have also preached patience. As sick as i am about that word its a fact of our position and the difference this time is the faith i have that our manager knows how to build a team, and an organization.

This will no longer be a place where you will get by because you are a good guy and you put your work in. If we arent seeing results and can get the same minutes from somone else...than consider yourself very expendible.

Smid is gone because the depth in the organization was terrible at goal and at centre. When i heard about the Smid trade a buddy described it at work to me moments after it was announced via twitter... as "Smid was just traded for 2 lousy prospects from Calgary"... without having known any rumors or the story i predicted outloud who the 2 prospects were. The Oilers have had a severe hard on, and have alot of familiarity and comfort with Brossoit. Our goaltending is terrible and Roy who was once thought to be a blue-chip prospect is not impressing Oielrs staff anymore and it was no secret they didnt see an nhl future for him (even as a backup). Horak is a player that will never reach his scoring output of his junior careeer but he already had a great two way game as a centre and reads plays well. he is normally paired, at the pro level, with plugs and grinders who dont have much finish (which to me showcases his abilities less). He wont be a top 2 centre on a good team... he WILL be a quality two way bottom 6 centre.

Both of these players fill NEEDS in this organization. They are a goaltender and a bottom 6 centre that the team has alot of faith in and are a more polished prospect to assess than junior players you pick on draft day.

ultimately Smid is gone because of 3 reasons. 1 Dubnyk has sucked the bed so badly that the Oilers indeed HAD TO make a move so they could tread water rather than continue as the laughing stock of the league. He has sucked so badly that when the team has played good and did good things in the system THEY TOOK A LOSS fROM THE CLUTCHES OF A WIN. Goaltending has been ATROCIOUS. Not even BEER LEAGUE WORTHY. If this team is going to gain any confidence in their system they have to stop diverging from it because they are freaked out that Dubnyk is back there and the next whiffer is going to go in at any moment. Smid is moved to get a replacement for Dubes (kiss of death from MacT). You will find that with MacT, if he has to go out and acquire a player BECAUSE YOU CANT DO YOUR JOB.... HE WILL NOT BE KEEPING YOU. Dubnyk is as good as gone(prediction, as i predicted MacT to release Peckham who he pointed out made the Oilers spend an asset to acquire Fistric because Theo came to camp not ready and lost his job). Reason 2 is Smid actually has value, he isnt a top defenseman but he is very consistent at being the player he is. Teams know what they will get from Smid. Reason 3... we need cap space to sign a player and have more room in the moves coming. Cap space is probably MacTs biggest asset as a rookie GM. GMs can play hardball with him but the more cap space he can make himself the more he forces GMs to come to him when deals are available. We have also improved our centre prospects and goaltendding in the organizational depth. One more reason is Smid, under Eakins isnt getting 3.5/3.8M dollars worth of ice time, he is not as integral in the Eakins system. MacT works WITH the coaching staff, something Lowe failed to do after 2007. He sees needs, and then he sees players who are not given roles they are paid to play (losing their jobs/icetime/roles). A job of a GM is to hire a coach, and then support the coach and his system by his player moves. MacT moving Smid, is moving a dman who wasnt seen as important by the coach as his paycheck might hint at.

This is a TERRIBLE goaltending team. Just god awful. There is hardly a point of even going out on the ice to compete when you have goalies that teams laugh at and their obvious game plan is to shoot from anywhere and every where because the goaltending is known to be so laughable.

MacT is doing the job of a manager. I said it this summer, i said it after our `successful`pre-season when everryone was orgasming and I said it 8 games in when predictably fans were calling for Eakins head and turning on Yaks, and I will say it again NOW. People werent looking at this team with clear vision, they were pushing this team based on a time line of other teams, they were oblivious of the lack of depth, they applauded lots of competition(in camp)...without seeing that that competition wasnt NHL competition and thus a precursor, they immediately wrote players in and expected better years for everyone , better years than any had perform yet or matches to career highsl. They predicted a coach changing food on press room table could implement systems within 10-20 games while their goalie crapped the bed and made the skaters play on egg shells. This is reality. This team neeeded work this spring, it still needs work, this year will be over and it WILL STILL Need work. This isnt a surprise. Buy in. YOu have a GM doing something. You have a GM getting specific players and prospects to fill specific needs. You dont have a guy hoping a square peg can adapt to aa circular hole.

Incse people havent been paying attention, since MacT took over he has been going after goalies. He can verbally pat Dubnyks back and be nice on record... but Dubnyk is not going to be here next year. If there was any doubt Devan has taken care of that himself. This team, and MacT knows it first hand, needs goaltending before it can ever play to its abilities with confidence.
So, bottom line, you think MacT is now starting the rebuild over but starting from the net this time? So, what, another 5-7 year rebuild? LOL..You'd have to be insane to think that Oil fans can be fooled again. Once was bad enough.
And with Calgary's throwaway goalie who was their 4th best goaltending prospect? The only *** reason Brossoit is even a prospect for the Oil is because they have no one else. LOL..
...Some funny stuff right there.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
How about the obvious? How about you see that MacT had properly assessed our goaltending issue on his first day and went about trying to acquire a goalie all summer and all season so far AT A FAIR PRICE. MacT right now is the new kid... symbolically he is the GM being kept outside the huddle of the old boys club. This isnt unlike any other job... MacT is earning his stripes. Unlike his predecessor, MacT is actually working to find solutions and SPECIFIC solutions he has decided to target. There is a reason Bryz is a one year contract and MacT was willing to lose Bryz by not going longer on term.

I think people are shocked y just how weak this organization was when MacT took over, and still arent realizing there are very few players outside the big 5...6 now with Nurse, that have VERY LITTLE value to the market.
This isnt EANHL. You cant make other teams take your crap, your crap isnt ranked higher than it should be for the sake of selling games to those teams fans. Potter isnt getting you Simmonds. Smid isnt getting you a 1st rounder and god bless the GM who knows a coupld of prospects you know and have developed already a few years and played a pro level to be critiqued is much better than a draft pick to choose junior player that happes to be available.
Give it up. You're sinking faster than the Titanic...Prospects, lol..Those two are useless and the only team in the NHL they'd make are the Oil because the team sucks so bad. Hell, we have mostly AHL players playing now. Sure, let's add a couple of more useless plugs.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:17 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Can't believe the comments about not letting the door hit you on the way out. I wish I could feel that way because I wouldn't have to continue watching this crap and could cheer for a real team. This entire organization is sickening; Edmonton deserves much better than what we've had to endure. They don't even deserve fans, let alone the amount of money it costs to be tier 1.
the main problem in my mind is Tambo. We wasted alot of years with Tambos rebuild and are now expecting to make big strides... but HE DID NOTHING> This is what blows my mind. How can people be surprised? WE HAVE NOTHING... !!!!!!!NOTHING >>!!!!!!!!. to show from 3 ENTIRE FN YEARS except developing DRAFT PICKS!!!!! How are you actually surprised thyat we need so many changes? Was the AHL talent competition show of training camp not enough of a hint? MY god man. I can understand people are losing patience but unfortunately that laast 3 years accomplished nothing except for our top picks. THAT IS THE TESTIMENT TO HOW BAD TAMBO WAS. We never got the veterans this team needed to move forward with, during his tenure. That is why we are behind comparisons of Chicago. Guys like Gordon, a specific need, and Ference, a specific need... and Perron, a specific need were all gained this year and still we have huge lackings and holes which need to be remedied to get the best out of those 3. I would say that 2 of those 3 guys have been our top two players this season, despite new surroundings and all the adjustments they have had to make and this incredibly young and learning team. Gordon has been my MVP so far this year and has done it all.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:24 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
the main problem in my mind is Tambo. We wasted alot of years with Tambos rebuild and are now expecting to make big strides... but HE DID NOTHING> This is what blows my mind. How can people be surprised? WE HAVE NOTHING... !!!!!!!NOTHING >>!!!!!!!!. to show from 3 ENTIRE FN YEARS except developing DRAFT PICKS!!!!! How are you actually surprised thyat we need so many changes? Was the AHL talent competition show of training camp not enough of a hint? MY god man. I can understand people are losing patience but unfortunately that laast 3 years accomplished nothing except for our top picks. THAT IS THE TESTIMENT TO HOW BAD TAMBO WAS. We never got the veterans this team needed to move forward with, during his tenure. That is why we are behind comparisons of Chicago. Guys like Gordon, a specific need, and Ference, a specific need... and Perron, a specific need were all gained this year and still we have huge lackings and holes which need to be remedied to get the best out of those 3. I would say that 2 of those 3 guys have been our top two players this season, despite new surroundings and all the adjustments they have had to make and this incredibly young and learning team. Gordon has been my MVP so far this year and has done it all.
So being in last place in the Western Conference gives you confidence in the management of this club, enough said. Tambo was hired by Lowe who hired MacT who SURPRISELY is getting schooled by the NHL. Yeah, I can't see why many people don't have confidence in this regime. Maybe the next coach can hire his own guys, to me that would be the first indication this team gives a &**() about winning.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:25 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
So, bottom line, you think MacT is now starting the rebuild over but starting from the net this time? So, what, another 5-7 year rebuild? LOL..You'd have to be insane to think that Oil fans can be fooled again. Once was bad enough.
And with Calgary's throwaway goalie who was their 4th best goaltending prospect? The only *** reason Brossoit is even a prospect for the Oil is because they have no one else. LOL..
...Some funny stuff right there.
What did Tambos rebuild do? Tell me. Who was the long term piece we built around? Who? IN three years what were his pieces for our future?

Eager? Bellanger? Horcoff? Dubnyk?

What were his big trades? Do you think he had really any idea of what those players were like? I dont, even for a second, think that guy had an ounce of hockey IQ. Its easy to take care of logistics for team canada and make all the arrangements when Kevin Lowe and Gretzky are telling you what to do. This is why Vancouver hired people below him for the GM position in vancouver and gave him the big finger and wave bye after 15 years invested in that group. He is terrible.
THe Oilers got noting from 3 ENTIRE FN YEARS under Tambo. That is beyond magnificent in its failure. That is the absolute definition of impotent.

In my opinion we wasted those 3 years. I stated it time and time again. MacT revamping the majority of our lineup and saying the job wasnt even close to done is basically saying everything thhe league already knew. MacT inherited a beaten down estate that had a nice fence and front lawn statues but really had no foundation and the house was all cards.

Take the shots at me all you want but i wasnt a sucker who believe in tweedledum. It was obvious to the entire hockey world this team didnt have the right pieces and was terribly managed. the standings showed right and had it been an 82 game season last year we would have finished last again.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:41 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola1279 View Post
So being in last place in the Western Conference gives you confidence in the management of this club, enough said. Tambo was hired by Lowe who hired MacT who SURPRISELY is getting schooled by the NHL. Yeah, I can't see why many people don't have confidence in this regime. Maybe the next coach can hire his own guys, to me that would be the first indication this team gives a &**() about winning.
my confidence is found in the fact MacT is targetting the players we need to acquire and waiting until we wont be fleeced in a trade. As much as people will yap about Smid being a fleeced trade he wasnt getting ice time in the new system and dubnyks failures combined with Smid not fitting the new system made him the odd man out. We also have too many leftys. Smid just wasnt going to be that top pairing guy. Its not done.

In return we got two prospects that were coveted by the Oilers. Its better than a mid 2nd rounder which would be Smids market value IMHO.

MacT said most of the defence had to over hauled AND goaltending was an issue (he patted Dubnyk on the back just incase he couldnt acquire one but all summer he worked to get his goalie), and he also said our bottom 6 had to change.

You cant change a 30th place team in one off season, especially if you have the knowledge to go after only specific targets. Dont be fooled by the AHL head start in a 48 game partial season, this team was a last place squad last year as well.

I am not defending Lowe, nor is MacT. One of MacTs classic moments was playing Smyth as a centre because Lowe hadnt re-signed Reasoner and then traded Stoll and Horcoff was our only cnetre left. He was asked why Smyth would play centre... his response; because our organization has only 2 centres now (Horc being one of them). Just because you pay a guy 5.5 M cap doesnt mean you pretend he fills 2 or 3 roles to try to make yourself look good. you dont put your fantastical dreams of what a player could be on their shoulders (***ahem ...shoulders) when they have proven they are not that image you created. You also dont just sit on your laurels to try to save face when that player shatters your insane vision. Lowe has a long track record of taking things personally and i deeply believe he saw a contract in horcoff that he had to see succeed and in order to do that Horcoff had to be something we never saw hint of. anyone who has been a fan during Lowes tenure knows this is all true.

Last edited by oilinblood: 11-10-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old
11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
bOILing point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
i WAS a fan. The fact that i dont post a lot doesnt mean im not a fan. I just enjoyed reading others thoughts more than i enjoyed posting. I think its good that some fans are ripping me, thats what they should do

bOILing point is offline   Reply With Quote