HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

Old
11-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Vinegar View Post
Toffoli and Vey are playing great. Lombardi has some decisions to make.
As in who to waive or trade to make a permanent spot for them?

There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay. Vey I think was a bit tentative on Thursday but was much much better tonight. I just think about the goal he set-up to Nolan, if that is the guy he replaced it's either...

A) A slap shot high and wide
B) A puck dumped in behind the goal

It's just so nice and refreshing to see a player in the bottom six that is offensively creative and can make his linemates better. The guy he replaced is not only awful himself, but drags down whoever he plays with.

The big question will be when Carter comes back and when Stoll is healthy, will DS spread the scoring around and let Carter center his own line with say Frattin and someone and keep 74-10-73 together. Or is he going to get Carter and Stoll back and put them right back in their original spots and then put Toffoli on the 4th line or next to the black hole on 3rd line rw.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:16 AM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played).
Our next 6 are all against east teams. We just need to take advantage of them.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Where's that joker who was saying in the early parts of the season that the Kings should trade Mike Richards soon before all they can get for him is a 3rd round pick? He's been the most competitive and complete forward on the Kings. Even without Carter, he's lethal.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:21 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay.
While I agree that TT should stay, I can see TT going back down until someone gets moved. That shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:23 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
It's just that you seem to be obsessing over Richards more than Sutter over Muzzin.
Oh like you need to be a girl to do that

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:24 AM
chesed

I'm at a geeky anime convention, so I couldn't see the game. But it warms my heart that we won so decicively.

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:25 AM
tsanuri

Quote:
While I agree that TT should stay, I can see TT going back down until someone gets moved. That shouldn't come as a surprise.
There is no need to send him back with Elerby being claimed there is a roster spot for him. Right now Vey is the one that is on the outside looking in until someone can get moved.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Wow - 16 posts until the 1st negative comment - a new record
How is that negative? I was saying something good about Richards.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
No way, not with the way points are at a premium, not with the way Anaheim and SJ are playing. The Kings can't afford to ice the type of lineup they had the first 10-12 games.

When everyone returns then it's time for DL and DS to have a meeting and decide which one of their beloved bottom six grinders is sent packing.

I hated the trade for him, but honestly, Carcillo has looked pretty good and versatile for the Kings. Nolan is playing at a really high level and provides everything you would want from a 4th line winger. Fraser is fine as a 13th forward type. Once again, it's Stoll and Clifford who stick out with their poor play

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:30 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
There is no need to send him back with Elerby being claimed there is a roster spot for him. Right now Vey is the one that is on the outside looking in until someone can get moved.
You're correct. Totally forgot about Ellerby.

Heck, who knows, maybe Fraser gets traded and Vey remains a king as well. And we all know we'll have a lot of fun with Vey and his name.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:32 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
How is that negative? I was saying something good about Richards.
You're correct, it was more stupid than negative.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
You're correct, it was more stupid than negative.
Wow. All I'm trying to day is that Richards is a real leader on this team. There's no reason to act like such a ***** about it.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:
ND weighs 210 lbs, not 230 lbs. Not quite sure why all the hockey sites have him at 230 lbs. ND actually said that himself in an interview during camp if you're wondering.
I see... went of the Monarchs number. 230
http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/team/players/

http://kings.nhl.com/club/roster.htm?type=prospect
has him at 209.

Guess I'll believe the 210 from the interview of the guy himself.

Trolfoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:37 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Wow. All I'm trying to day is that Richards is a real leader on this team. There's no reason to act like such a ***** about it.
We have a real leader, and his name is Dustin Brown. Besides, someone with character like Richards isn't going to take the C from Brownie as it would be disruptive to the team not beneficial.

Last edited by The Black1963: 11-10-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old
11-10-2013, 01:39 AM
deeshamrock

Impressive outing by the Kings, and nice to see all 4 lines pressing hard and keeping the pressure on. That made a big difference. From the physical push on every shift, the great work on the boards and the kids stepping up big time, just a treat to watch.

MOst impressive things for me was the Kings getting 5 ES goals. That's huge. They need to score more ES goals during their games.

Nice work by Richards tonight, really working hard on helping the team get a critical 2 points . And great work by him in the circle going 71% on faceoffs. I noticed during the game he was strong there and that helps control the play. And what a clutch goal...Torts and Henrik post game both said that goal coming so fast after they closed the gap was a killer. He's got a 3 game goal streak and 4 games with a point streak.

I guess with Clifford being injured (bell rung says Sutter which sounds like it might be a concussion) Vey will stay for a bit more. I really wish he could stay but when Stoll and Carter and Greene all come back ,somebody has to go back, they'll have too many .

TT continues to be impressive. He does all the big and small things that elite players do. Like on the first goal, that slowing up at the bluie line to avoid an off side , good vision And on the 2-1 , his second goal, holding onto that puck and timing it so he could dish to Richie and have room to catch the pass back. He's just a joy to watch. He seems to be building some nice chemistry with Richrds; they are getting more comfortable out there with every shift. Hopefully, they keep working their magic and finding the back of the twine on the East Coast road swing

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Richie10

Richards is unbelievable. I wouldn't trade this guy for any player in the league. I really mean that. He is absolute guts and smarts.

Anyone got stats on Vey's performance in the dot thus far? Kid could turn into a real player.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:41 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
You're correct. Totally forgot about Ellerby.

Heck, who knows, maybe Fraser gets traded and Vey remains a king as well. And we all know we'll have a lot of fun with Vey and his name.
I wont be surprised if Fraser is gone tomorrow to another universe. Fraser had absolutely nothing to give to this team.

Call up Pearson too. The kings are just great with these prospects. Gotta keep Toffoli up.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:42 AM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Richards is unbelievable. I wouldn't trade this guy for any player in the league. I really mean that. He is absolute guts and smarts.

Anyone got stats on Vey's performance in the dot thus far? Kid could turn into a real player.
38.5% right now. 5/13.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
We have a real leader, and his name is Dustin Brown. Besides, someone with character like Richards isn't going to take the C from Brownie. Only those without character would suggest such a stupid idea.

There!
I actually like Brown, I'm not trying to put him down at all. I just think Richards is the epitome of a leader and I'm celebrating that fact with a slightly hyperbolic statement.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:46 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I want to thank the ducks fan for making the thread about our centers not having any goals when they had no goals, now they are on a tear.

Also at the game there was a Canucks family that left after the second period. Talk about no support.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
38.5% right now. 5/13.
I don't know how he did tonight stat-wise, but apparently someone had a talk with him about it after Buffalo. At the Buffalo game, he'd skate into the circle & put his stick down 1st. Tonight he waited until the 'Nuck player put their stick down. He needs to remember to take advantage of that when he's on the home team.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:48 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I actually like Brown, I'm not trying to put him down at all. I just think Richards is the epitome of a leader and I'm celebrating that fact with a slightly hyperbolic statement.
I understand that you're not trying to put Brown down, but what you're suggesting would disrupt the team chemistry more than it would help it.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Martinez. The Kings good luck charm. When he plays, they win.
7-1 when AMart plays just sayin.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:51 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I wont be surprised if Fraser is gone tomorrow to another universe. Fraser had absolutely nothing to give to this team.

Call up Pearson too. The kings are just great with these prospects. Gotta keep Toffoli up.
If we called up Pearson, I would love for the lines to be:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Pearson-Richards-Toffoli
King-Vey-Nolan

Richards always works well with the rookies and Vey already has good chemistry with Nolan. King would add to that since he plays well with Nolan too. But Sutter will probably put Pearson on the 4th line if he is called up :/

Plus, If Carter or Stoll is coming back soon, they may not call up anyone and work with what they have.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:53 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Awesome awesome game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
As in who to waive or trade to make a permanent spot for them?

There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay. Vey I think was a bit tentative on Thursday but was much much better tonight. I just think about the goal he set-up to Nolan, if that is the guy he replaced it's either...

A) A slap shot high and wide
B) A puck dumped in behind the goal

It's just so nice and refreshing to see a player in the bottom six that is offensively creative and can make his linemates better. The guy he replaced is not only awful himself, but drags down whoever he plays with.

The big question will be when Carter comes back and when Stoll is healthy, will DS spread the scoring around and let Carter center his own line with say Frattin and someone and keep 74-10-73 together. Or is he going to get Carter and Stoll back and put them right back in their original spots and then put Toffoli on the 4th line or next to the black hole on 3rd line rw.
Ye i'm hoping we will run with a 3 scoring lines look.

Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Carter-Frattin
Vey

Fill in the rest of the players wherever

Still unreal how long it took us to play Toffoli this year. And also, FreedMartinez, win games

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote