Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

Minor Pro Salaries

Old
11-10-2013, 03:32 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I know this is slightly OT, since it's not The NHL, but i could nmot find a better fit for my question.
A Norwegian D man named, Henrik Odegaard http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16328
was signed to an AHL contract with The Chicago Wolves, but after only one game played he was loaned to the CHL team Missouri Maveric
What I wounder is, since TheCHL is listed as an professional league, how much does the average player get paid there?
Can a 26 year old foreigner expect to make a living from a salary from The CHL?
IMO it was bad decision to sign an AHL contract at al at that age. Has it been a ELC or a university team(if he was younger), the story could have been different.

Mods, feel free to move the tread to another place that is more suitable
hard to say, because i never played hockey in CHL. Also tzo notiuce, i never played hockey.
But there is lot of euro players, that go to CHL, SPHL, even FHL... Lets take as a last example 37 years old forward Martin Hlinka. He was last few years in DEL and now is he in CHL. Im sure the salary in DEL was much better as it is now. But why is he there? It means, it will be not so bad for him.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:04 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB51Hockey View Post
Who is paying the contracts? If an NHL team assigns some player from the AHL to the ECHL, is the AHL team still required to pay his contract?
From what I remember, when the NHL assigned a player down to the ECHL, the NHL paid but it was only a $500/wk hit on the ECHL cap.

Edit: Looks like it's $525/wk

Quote:
The NHL/AHL affiliate payment for 2013-14 is $525 per week. Any affiliate amount other than $525 per week agreed upon with any NHL/AHL club will be considered a salary cap violation. This includes excess payments for equipment, travel, etc.
http://www.echl.com/faq-s-s12377

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote