HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#17| New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets| November 9th | "Jack"| F/L 5-2

Old
11-09-2013, 10:26 PM
TeamKidd

vCash: 500
I know it's hard to keep perspective, but the loss of Vis and Strait really hurt this team, combine that with nabakov's regression (which I think we all saw coming) and here we are...

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:02 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
I know it's hard to keep perspective, but the loss of Vis and Strait really hurt this team, combine that with nabakov's regression (which I think we all saw coming) and here we are...
the loss of Vis and Streit hurt. no doubt. Nabby, well, he was playing lights out last March, which was only 9 months ago. i think the 'blame' for goaltending woes, goes to Captain Jack, for not getting the most from his tandem.

i know Snow thinking of bringing in experience this past summer, and i agree to a certain degree, but the guys brought in are not going to take us to the next step.

i am an advocate of more grit, for this team, and probably would have kept Gallant and Lee/Persson, and not brought in Regin and PMB. paid through the nose for Scuderi, and called it a day...

we just seem to have woefully little net presence, in front of theirs and ours.

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 02:43 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Gotta love Lavvy. He's awesome. We need a coach with some balls who will tell the players they suck. It's so obvious this team need that, there is no accountability. Lavvy would kick Tavares out of his funk, bench the floaters, etc. We need him, we won't be getting him.
cappys thinks he is using his balls when he pulls the goalie with 2:30 left in the game

goad coach > bad coach

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 03:14 AM
steveat

Cappy will not get fired. I think what Wang planned was a team that grew up together..meaning a team that started out on the same level and through time and chemistry, turn into champs. I think this can be done with players, but I don't know about coaches (at this level), GMs and owner.

I know a good coach can turn this team into a .600 team...TBH..I would be happy if we made the playoffs again.

Actually, the other day, Butchie did hit the nail on the head. We are NOT playing with desperation. THere is nothing in how the Isles play that says "we deserve to win". Ive never seen a team that gets this content so quickly. I wil say this. Ness played with desperation...you can see that extra effort to get the puck out of the zone or keep it in. He even dives and tries to complete the play.

Alo, Kyle might be putting up the points, but he is so sluggish skating back and to the bench or hen he is trying to catch up to players on a break. I just think that's they way he is. He looks really in shape, but if I ever skated to the bench after a shift like he does, my coach would have ripped me a new one.

Last edited by steveat: 11-10-2013 at 03:26 AM.
steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 03:32 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
cappys thinks he is using his balls when he pulls the goalie with 2:30 left in the game
your team has lost to 5 **** assed teams already,
youre down by 2 on the road,
your team couldnt find the net even if you gave them maps,
your goalie is lucky if he can even stop a sentence,
your captain and superstar only showed up for about 5 minutes,
your newly aquired superstar crapped out after about 2 minutes of the game,

whats left to try?

i would have done the same damned thing.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 04:33 AM
sorondoe
IslAnders

This team just p***es me off right now!

sorondoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 04:53 AM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROCKS View Post
Don't worry---- Butch said he was bouncing back tnite, with a big game---
He literally says this every period of every game.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:08 AM
IslesNorway

No jump, no urgency and silly penalties - again. I fully expect Cappy to be firesld after our forthcoming defeat in Montreal

IslesNorway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:20 AM
camper

Leaders lead by sacrificing their bodies….when whole lines go without a hit or muster 1 hit per line per game ... theres a problem…this is happening often with the top lines, yet other teams top lines rack up 4-6 hits a game at a minimum playing .
Guess its a case of not my job!…..well theres fools out there that will tell you hitting is not important in the game….well believe what you will….the meek will not inherit the cup…or go to the playoffs. Two more softy's have to go off the top lines. Problem is they will be replaced with softy's…..This is not a shooting team..when they have net presence they will not shoot..always another pass. Theres plenty of warriors on the Islanders and there are plenty that are playing for their stats…they love their little tap in's untouched….Should be mandatory that if you do not register a hit a game you sit….and I don't care who you are! Accountability…leads…and makes winners…Soft point producers are the easiest guys to shut down in the game unless you add some muscle to the line…prob is these point producers usually require extra personal standing around so they can get the tap in untouched…..having toughness on the line making room puts onus on the so called skilled guys to get it done..

Last edited by camper: 11-10-2013 at 06:32 AM.
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:35 AM
camper

Theres time to turn this around

Last edited by camper: 11-10-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old
11-10-2013, 06:45 AM
camper

Leaders lead by sacrificing their bodies….when whole lines go without a hit or muster 1 hit per line per game after game theres a problem…this is happening often with the top lines yet other teams top lines rack up 4-6 hits a game at a minimum playing us.
Guess its a case of not my job!…..well theres fools out there that will tell you hitting is not important in the game….well believe what you will….the meek will not inherit the cup…or go to the playoffs. Two more softy's have to go off the top lines. Problem is they will be replaced with softy's…..This is not a shooting team..when they have net presence they will not shoot..always another pass. Theres plenty of warriors on the Islanders and there are plenty that are playing for their stats…they love their little tap in's untouched….Should be mandatory that if you do not register a hit a game you sit….and I don't care who you are! Accountability…leads…and makes winners.

Last edited by camper: 11-10-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old
11-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Sparksrus3

Now there is one unhappy camper! Good job!!

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Isles1983

I fell asleep last night and woke up and saw the score was 4-2....saw we lost 5-2...absolutely horrible....never mind that Poulin only let one goal in against Carolina lets start Nabby who has been horrible...then we trade away Moulon, a 1st round draft pick and a 2nd round draft pick for Vanek and now hes injured....I cant stand Wang...Milbury the second...and Cappy...all 3 need to go....

Isles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 01:22 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
Leaders lead by sacrificing their bodies….when whole lines go without a hit or muster 1 hit per line per game after game theres a problem…this is happening often with the top lines yet other teams top lines rack up 4-6 hits a game at a minimum playing us.
Guess its a case of not my job!…..well theres fools out there that will tell you hitting is not important in the game….well believe what you will….the meek will not inherit the cup…or go to the playoffs. Two more softy's have to go off the top lines. Problem is they will be replaced with softy's…..This is not a shooting team..when they have net presence they will not shoot..always another pass. Theres plenty of warriors on the Islanders and there are plenty that are playing for their stats…they love their little tap in's untouched….Should be mandatory that if you do not register a hit a game you sit….and I don't care who you are! Accountability…leads…and makes winners.
That starts with a coaching staff that provides that kind of direction then holds everyone responsible. First thing, fix the coaching staff. Second, redo the lines so you have bangers on the top three lines. The fourth line can be filled in from Bridgeport if you need to raid the regulars there to accomplish the second task. The third step is to trade for a physical/defensively responsible defense an with experience.

All of the above depends on the owner and GM living up to putting money where mouths are.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote