HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you really want to Habs to make the playoffs?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2013, 10:16 AM
  #151
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Nobody should care about the playoff if you are not a Stanley cup contender and nobody should have the playoffs for ultimate goal. Every GM should only care about the Stanley cup and take the fastest way to win it.

That year, Souray should have been trade for a similar package than we got for Rivet and probably better.
Yeah, alright. Go tell this to owners like Geoff Molson.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 10:55 AM
  #152
Mario Lemieux fan 66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Yeah, alright. Go tell this to owners like Geoff Molson.
The main goal is not to make the playoffs it's to build a Stanley cup winning team. A team only interested in trying to make the playoffs sign a 37 years old Brière, a team interested in building a Stanley cup winning team doesn't sign Brière.

I know that Geoff Molson is only interested in making money and not in bringing back the Stanley cup the fastest way possible.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:04 AM
  #153
Andrei79
Registered User
 
Andrei79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
The main goal is not to make the playoffs it's to build a Stanley cup winning team. A team only interested in trying to make the playoffs sign a 37 years old Brière, a team interested in building a Stanley cup winning team doesn't sign Brière.

I know that Geoff Molson is only interested in making money and not in bringing back the Stanley cup the fastest way possible.
Why do you say this? Brière is one of the best playoff performers in recent years. A player who's led his teams to conference and stanley cup finals.

The main reason he was signed was the assumption this team would make the playoffs.

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:06 AM
  #154
Andrei79
Registered User
 
Andrei79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
LOL! This team is not making the playoffs, too many useless players.
The tank will be on by new year.
The problem isn't with what you call the useless players. The teams top 5 players aren't that much better than the rest of the conference.

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
  #155
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
The main goal is not to make the playoffs it's to build a Stanley cup winning team. A team only interested in trying to make the playoffs sign a 37 years old Brière, a team interested in building a Stanley cup winning team doesn't sign Brière.

I know that Geoff Molson is only interested in making money and not in bringing back the Stanley cup the fastest way possible.
Molson wants both, money and a Cup...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
  #156
Mario Lemieux fan 66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
Why do you say this? Brière is one of the best playoff performers in recent years. A player who's led his teams to conference and stanley cup finals.

The main reason he was signed was the assumption this team would make the playoffs.
The guy was just bought out because he can't be an effective player anymore. He is 37 years old not 33 years and less. He also was injured a lot in the last 2 years. His best years are behind him and with Gallagher, Gionta and Desharnais already in the top 9 forwards, Brière was clearly a bad fit for the team.

The Habs could have use the 4 millions elsewhere to adress a team need ( big physical top 6 players or big top 4 d-man capable of clearing the crease).

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  #157
Andrei79
Registered User
 
Andrei79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
The guy was just bought out because he can't be an effective player anymore. He is 37 years old not 33 years and less. He also was injured a lot in the last 2 years. His best years are behind him and with Gallagher, Gionta and Desharnais already in the top 9 forwards, Brière was clearly a bad fit for the team.

The Habs could have use the 4 millions elsewhere to adress a team need ( big physical top 6 players or big top 4 d-man capable of clearing the crease).

I agree. Which player available this summer, who fit this description would have signed here

Andrei79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:27 AM
  #158
Mario Lemieux fan 66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Molson wants both, money and a Cup...
Good luck with that. Why sign Brière then ? No team serious about winning the Stanley Cup will have sign him for 2 years especially when you have already 3 midgets playing in the top 9.

If he wanted the Stanley Cup last year why not add some good players when you were in the top of the standing ? Because he didn't think his team was good enough for a long playoffs run ? Ok but then why you keep Ryder when you could easily get a 1st round pick for him ?

By never trying to really win the Stanley cup and keep losing good players for nothing: '' Souray, Koivu, Komisarek, Tanguay, Kovalev, Streit and Ryder '' the Habs stay a middle of the pack team with no real shot at the Stanley cup.

If we keep the same model while hoping a different result, the Habs could be a middle of the pack team for a very long time.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:30 AM
  #159
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Thats only reason we play...make to playoffs and shot for stanley cup, other reasons are sh***

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:34 AM
  #160
Mario Lemieux fan 66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
I agree. Which player available this summer, who fit this description would have signed here
Jagr, Ryder and Morrow although they don't completely fit the description were all better options for less money or less year.

I could have been fine with Brière for 1 year, 2 years is just to much.

Mario Lemieux fan 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 11:36 AM
  #161
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66;74088723[B
]Jagr, Ryder and Morrow although they don't completely fit the description were all better options for less money or less year.[/B]

I could have been fine with Brière for 1 year, 2 years is just to much.
Agreed. With our team, Briere isnt really a good fit.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:01 AM
  #162
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
ready for a decade of losing ?
No but maybe two years would do?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:13 AM
  #163
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Good luck with that. Why sign Brière then ? No team serious about winning the Stanley Cup will have sign him for 2 years especially when you have already 3 midgets playing in the top 9.

If he wanted the Stanley Cup last year why not add some good players when you were in the top of the standing ? Because he didn't think his team was good enough for a long playoffs run ? Ok but then why you keep Ryder when you could easily get a 1st round pick for him ?

By never trying to really win the Stanley cup and keep losing good players for nothing: '' Souray, Koivu, Komisarek, Tanguay, Kovalev, Streit and Ryder '' the Habs stay a middle of the pack team with no real shot at the Stanley cup.

If we keep the same model while hoping a different result, the Habs could be a middle of the pack team for a very long time.
yeah we should do firesale after firesale ala Oilers and have a team full of youngsters it's working great for them afterall

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  #164
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
No but maybe two years would do?
guaranteed ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.