HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anybody miss Mike Richards yet?

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 12:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If the Kings offered you Richards today in exchange for Schenn, Simmonds, and a second would you do it?
From a long time kings fan's perspective, I'd keep Richards.

Yeah, I still believe that we gave up too much in acquiring Richards, but Richards is just a great fit as our 2C.

Believe it or not, on the day the trade went down, I posted to my fellow kings fans not to be surprised if Simmer and Schenn both outscore Richards individually in any given year, and I still believe that to be true. And believe me, letting Simmer go was very tough as he's my second all time favorite king (Lappy being first of course). I still have hopes of Simmer returning to the kings, and wearing his #17, but if that doesn't happen, I'll still be happy as long as we still have Richards wearing his #10.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Well frankly, I'd rather have MR until 2020 (and age 35) at 5.75 than Hartnell until 2019at 4.75 (and age 37) and Pronger until 2017 at 4.9 (and age 85 ). And that's one of the Flyers' problems.
Okay. Tell me, what does that have to do with the trade?

Old
11-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 2596
Quote:
Why don't you show the stats from last two years when Wayne Simmonds had more points than him (then add in Brayden Schenn) and ask again?
I still miss him and did not like the trade and still don't up to this point in time.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Tripod

Quote:
That's true. I was all for drafting Hamilton. No complaints about Couturier from me though. Would have preferred Hamilton, but I like Couturier.
Keep in mind that Couturier slipped to the Flyers. I was hoping for Hamilton as well but when Couts fell I was conflicted as I am sure the Flyers were. They took the BPA and felt that was Couts. And when you look at the Flyers draft record in the first round, they are rarely wrong.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:43 PM
BrindamoursNose

Richards is gone. Who cares.

Old
11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl22 View Post
Probably his first good start to a season with the Kings.
You clearly missed the season he was traded. He was fantastic until he was concussed, then he was at a lower level offensively until now.

11-10-2013, 12:48 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

This thread again? Nothing to see here people move along

Old
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
BillDineen

Do you mean the Richards from your mind or the current actual player?

Old
11-10-2013, 01:02 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Exactly (plus the second rounder that was acquired). People seem to have a hard time looking at the trade as a whole. Flyers gave up the best player in the deal, but they got more back.

CharlieGirl I asked this question to Beef the other day but I'll ask you too: If the Kings offered you Richards today in exchange for Schenn, Simmonds, and a second would you do it? What about if you were GM when the trade was made, would you trade Richards for Simmonds, Schenn, and a second?
Anytime you give up the best player in a deal, you'd better hope the pieces you picked up excel. The deal returned an extremely promising prospect (who hadn't accomplished a damn thing to that point... or this), a 3rd line grinder, and a pick. If all you do is look at a score sheet, then maybe you're happy with it.

Look at it from LA's perspective - they got a world class player and lost one roster player. One third line player from their lineup. ONE.

So no, I wouldn't have made the deal. In hindsight, and with everything that has gone on since, I would have laughed at Lombardi - or if I felt I had to make the deal, I'd have made damn sure I got a defenseman in return.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Richards was my favorite player when he was here, but no I don't miss him. He would not fix this team. We got fair value for him, and its really annoying that people can't seem to grasp that the we traded a 26 year old player for two people under the age of 23.

There is going to be a drop in current production (even though there hasn't been) when you trade a player in their prime for young talent. It's not rocket science, and its mind boggling that certain people can't understand that.

Regardless of the fact that Simmonds has out produced him by himself the past two years, or that Schenn is on the same path, point wise, as Richards was at the same age, or that we also got a solid defesman, the point is we got fair value at the time, and Richards alone would make almost no difference on this team this year.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Would I like the fact that he was still on this team? Yup

Do I miss him? Nope

Old
11-10-2013, 01:08 PM
FlyersFan61290

I'm a huge Richards fan and if this were NHL 13 (or some equivalent fantasy scenerio) I would definitely prefer Richards over Schenn and Simmer cause I know he does more for a team then just score points. Going forward though Schenn and Simmonds will obviously be more beneficial to a team. We all have to just suck it up for the time being and trust that this trade is better for us long term, cause it will be.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:33 PM
04' hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Nope I miss Jeff more. But I said it then and I will say it again today. I drive them both to the airport for free. To get those six players for those two bodes well for the future and I liked both Mike and Jeff. Understand
LA 11 - 6 22pts. goals for 50 against 41
Phila 5 -10-1 11 pts goals for 26 against 44

Richards 17gp - 16 pts
Giroux 16gp - 8 pts
Schenn 16gp - 8 pts
Simmonds 16gp - 5 pts

UNDERSTAND ?

Old
11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Okay. Tell me, what does that have to do with the trade?
Just being facetious since it was you who brought up that "Mike Richards is signed to age eighty five at 5.75 million dollars a year" in relation to the trade.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

I miss Richards, Carter, Gagne, Briere, JVR, Carle and Leino. Man, I loved that 2010 Cup Finals team.

Old
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
As a Kings fan I absolutely love Richards. Guy is everything you could ask for in a hockey player. I'm glad that some Flyers fans would do that trade again and drive him to the airport because I'd do the same for Schenn and Simmonds. Perfect fit in L.A.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
As a Kings fan I absolutely love Richards. Guy is everything you could ask for in a hockey player. I'm glad that some Flyers fans would do that trade again and drive him to the airport because I'd do the same for Schenn and Simmonds. Perfect fit in L.A.
So the question becomes, without looking at everything else, if Richards is a good fit in LA, are Schenn and Simmonds, or will they ever be, the same in Philadelphia?

Old
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Anytime you give up the best player in a deal, you'd better hope the pieces you picked up excel. The deal returned an extremely promising prospect (who hadn't accomplished a damn thing to that point... or this), a 3rd line grinder, and a pick. If all you do is look at a score sheet, then maybe you're happy with it.

Look at it from LA's perspective - they got a world class player and lost one roster player. One third line player from their lineup. ONE.

So no, I wouldn't have made the deal. In hindsight, and with everything that has gone on since, I would have laughed at Lombardi - or if I felt I had to make the deal, I'd have made damn sure I got a defenseman in return.
1) In Richards 22 year old season he had 32 points in 59 games, or 44 points over an 82 game season.

Schenn, 22, is on pace for about 41 points in an 82 game season.

2) Mike Richards is a 60 point two way center. Your definition of world class player is different than pretty much every other person's definition.

3) The 3rd line grinder outscored Richards the past 2 seasons for 4 million dollars less a season.

4) Going forward, the point of this trade, it's still a win win, and probably a bigger win for us if Schenn turns into the 60 point forward that Richards was when we traded him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
LA 11 - 6 22pts. goals for 50 against 41
Phila 5 -10-1 11 pts goals for 26 against 44

Richards 17gp - 16 pts
Giroux 16gp - 8 pts
Schenn 16gp - 8 pts
Simmonds 16gp - 5 pts

UNDERSTAND ?
You still don't understand...

Simmonds and Schenn have outscored Richards by 46 points since 2011, while taking up less cap space and being at the beginning of their careers as opposed to in their prime.

I cannot comprehend how people still don't understand that we traded for the future.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:41 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

It's annoying to see a thread like this every season.

11-10-2013, 02:44 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
It's annoying to see a thread like this every season.
Every season? Surely you mean every month.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:44 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Every season? Surely you mean every month.
More like every other week.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
SuchySays

yet?

I missed Richards immediately.

Old
11-10-2013, 02:59 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
1) In Richards 22 year old season he had 32 points in 59 games, or 44 points over an 82 game season.

Schenn, 22, is on pace for about 41 points in an 82 game season.

2) Mike Richards is a 60 point two way center. Your definition of world class player is different than pretty much every other person's definition.

3) The 3rd line grinder outscored Richards the past 2 seasons for 4 million dollars less a season.

4) Going forward, the point of this trade, it's still a win win, and probably a bigger win for us if Schenn turns into the 60 point forward that Richards was when we traded him.

You still don't understand...

Simmonds and Schenn have outscored Richards by 46 points since 2011, while taking up less cap space and being at the beginning of their careers as opposed to in their prime.

I cannot comprehend how people still don't understand that we traded for the future.
Right, we took a team that had gotten within 2 wins of a Cup one year and went to the second round the next, and was poised to compete for a Cup again, and gutted it so we could hopefully field a team as good 5 or so years down the road. Which makes no sense. Not to mention that management was trying to remain competitive in the meantime, and has failed to this point with the players we received.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Richards trade would have worked out much better if we were actually committed to a rebuild at the time. We weren't.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:15 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

another richards thread, awesome....

come to the present day - it's not THAT bad....

Closed Thread