HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII -

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Forte 1.9 yards per carry...lets give it to him with the game on the line to go get the TD...fail.

2 dropped Jeffery TDs, Cutler pass deflection TD inside the 5 yard line, 2 chances at a 2 point conversion, Forte TD called back.... we should have won this game.

On the bright side, Packers are screwed til or when Rodges gets back. They could be out of the playoff race if he is out for 4 weeks or more.

The rest of the games are winnable. We've got Baltimore(@ home), @ St Louis, @ Minnesota, vs Dallas(@ home), @ Cleveland, @ Philadelphia, vs Green Bay(@ home).

I am hoping we can go 11-5 or 10-6.

Lions have @ Pittsburgh, vs Tampa Bay(@ home), vs Green Bay(@ home), @ Philadelphia, vs Baltimore(@ home), vs NY Giants(@ home), @ Minnesota

They are 6-3 right now. I think they could lose against Pitt, Philly, Baltimore and NY Giants. That would make them 9-7. Most likely they win one of Baltimore/NYG...maybe 10-6 with the tie breaker. But the NFL is so unpredictable it is a waste trying to do this. The Lions are so streaky and can be so awful some times that they could lose "gimme" games. They could also win a bunch of tough ones and go 12-4 or something but that is unlikely.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:36 PM
hisgirlfriday

More worried about that St. Louis game than I was before today with them following up their should-have-beat-Seattle performance with a thrashing of the Colts.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

The rest of the games are winnable. We've got Baltimore(@ home), @ St Louis, @ Minnesota, vs Dallas(@ home), @ Cleveland, @ Philadelphia, vs Green Bay(@ home).

I am hoping we can go 11-5 or 10-6.
Winnable sure ,, But Bears will be underdogs vs Bal , Dal , Phi and GB

9-7 - 7-9 looks more likely

Old
11-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Should also be pointed out

Bears D had zero sacks

Old
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Winnable sure ,, But Bears will be underdogs vs Bal , Dal , Phi and GB

9-7 - 7-9 looks more likely
The bears definitely won't be underdogs against baltimore and they probably will be favored against dallas

Old
11-10-2013, 03:46 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
The bears definitely won't be underdogs against baltimore and they probably will be favored against dallas
I'd add we'll be favorites vs Philly as well.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Forte 1.9 yards per carry...lets give it to him with the game on the line to go get the TD...fail.

2 dropped Jeffery TDs, Cutler pass deflection TD inside the 5 yard line, 2 chances at a 2 point conversion, Forte TD called back.... we should have won this game.
Forte TD led to the TD right after on the same drive, so it means nothing

Old
11-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

vCash: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Forte TD led to the TD right after on the same drive, so it means nothing
The Forte TD was on the same drive as the Alshon drop that was overturned that led to the FG.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:12 PM
madgoat33

not sure that qualifies as a drop. Had a defender all over him and it wasn't an easy play.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Fortyfives

Cutler played ok considering the situation.

2 dropped TDs, but we'll give Jeffery a pass on the second. Would have been a hell of a catch if he got it. Also, the called back holding TD for Forte.

I'd like to think #12 could have easily won that game, but I have a feeling the lions had a safe strategy going just like the saints did in the second half. Only believe that because when it mattered the Lions could move the ball.

Run defense is still terrible. I'd given Tucker a pass so far because of injuries, but he has terrible calls in key situations. There's no way CJ should have been 1on1 on the last TD. Cover 2 nothing else.

At the end of the day 12 has been playing great. Play him until 6 is completely healthy.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

According to @adamjahns,
#Bears QB Jay Cutler rolled his left ankle. Cutler said groin held up fine. He had x-ray on ankle - it was negative

Bears Talk ‏@BearsTalkCSN 1m
Cutler spotted carrying walking boot as he walked out of #Bears locker room after 21-19 loss to #Lions where he was pulled on last drive

I also think his Groin was issue ,, Saw him grabbing it a few times (He might not want to admit he rushed back)

He should sit next week vs Ravens

Old
11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Cutler played awesome in the first half, then started getting battered and aggravated an injury in the 2nd. I don't see the big deal. It was out of anyone's hands.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
RayP

These late games suck.

Old
11-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Locker potentially out for year for Titans with Liz Franc

Old
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyfives View Post
Cutler played ok considering the situation.

2 dropped TDs, but we'll give Jeffery a pass on the second. Would have been a hell of a catch if he got it. Also, the called back holding TD for Forte.

I'd like to think #12 could have easily won that game, but I have a feeling the lions had a safe strategy going just like the saints did in the second half. Only believe that because when it mattered the Lions could move the ball.

Run defense is still terrible. I'd given Tucker a pass so far because of injuries, but he has terrible calls in key situations. There's no way CJ should have been 1on1 on the last TD. Cover 2 nothing else.

At the end of the day 12 has been playing great. Play him until 6 is completely healthy.
Mccown should have started again. There was no reason to have cutler play in this game. He was favoring his leg long before the first half even ended. Then he looked totally incapable of playing effectively in the second half. He should have been pulled no later than the second possession of the second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Cutler played awesome in the first half, then started getting battered and aggravated an injury in the 2nd. I don't see the big deal. It was out of anyone's hands.
awesome? That's awfully strong. He looked pretty good most of the first half, but that INT was a bad decision whether it got tipped or not.

Old
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
The Forte TD was on the same drive as the Alshon drop that was overturned that led to the FG.
Right, my bad.

Old
11-10-2013, 08:00 PM
BronYrAur

If McCown had started then we would have never had a chance to win in all likelihood.

Old
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
If McCown had started then we would have never had a chance to win in all likelihood.
lol absolutely comical claim

Old
11-10-2013, 08:09 PM
hisgirlfriday

With the results of the late games, the Bears bid for the playoffs got that much more daunting with Carolina stealing a win in SF (both of those teams are now 6-3 in wild card spots) and Arizona won to bring their record to 5-4, just like the Bears.

Old
11-10-2013, 08:13 PM
RayP

Quote:
The D was great in the first half and would have kept us in the game on their own. All McCown would have had to do was just not implode, and it's a close game headed into the half. After his performance vs the Pack in Green Bay no less, I'd have confidence in him being able to move the ball and put up points at home vs the Lions.

Old
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

McCown should have started, there was no reason for Cutler to risk reinjuring himself when you have a good back up that doesn't make mistakes.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Hawkman

The frustrating things about the loss are the division is so weak w/o Rodgers and we could easily be in first place with just an extra FG during the game.

11-11-2013, 08:53 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
The D was great in the first half and would have kept us in the game on their own. All McCown would have had to do was just not implode, and it's a close game headed into the half. After his performance vs the Pack in Green Bay no less, I'd have confidence in him being able to move the ball and put up points at home vs the Lions.
Really? This is a huge jump to a conclusion. We have no idea how McCown would have played in the entire game but what we do know is that usually backup QB's do pretty terribly because there is a reason that none of the 30 teams have hired them as starters. And only about half the teams in the league even have competent starters!

Green Bay's defense is terrible. They got destroyed by Nick Foles, also.

Bears had a very nice running game last week to help out McCown. If he had to pass it as much as Cutler did yesterday, I doubt the results would have been particularly pleasant.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:14 AM
madgoat33

No, a huge jump is saying that a guy who hasplayed very well for 6+quartersdrove us down the field on his only series yesterday wouldn't have been able to play as well as cutler did.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM
RayP

Quote:
Really? This is a huge jump to a conclusion. We have no idea how McCown would have played in the entire game but what we do know is that usually backup QB's do pretty terribly because there is a reason that none of the 30 teams have hired them as starters. And only about half the teams in the league even have competent starters!

Green Bay's defense is terrible. They got destroyed by Nick Foles, also.

Bears had a very nice running game last week to help out McCown. If he had to pass it as much as Cutler did yesterday, I doubt the results would have been particularly pleasant.
I said I'd have confidence in him putting up enough points, I didn't say he was going to turn into Drew Brees and nearly drop 50 on them. The defense was playing well enough, and if McCown could have put a couple of drives together, maybe the D doesn't fall apart in the second half as well.

Closed Thread