HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vent here

Old
11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
3Fs

vCash: 500
Vent here

Well the Flyers have 2 options. Leave team alone and ride out the storm. Trade some core to jump start the season over again.

I know they will trade some core. The 2 names that I feel will be moved, will be Simmonds and Luke Schenn.

To me that is a huge mistake and I will be more pissed if its Luke.

I am just soooo frustrated with our team lack of effort tyhis year and it would be a shame to lose either player.

My vent over and all feel free to vent here.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Prongo
Beer

In the beginning of the month I said this was a major 2 weeks for the Flyers. They play 8 games in that span. They have gone 2-2-1 in the first five games. Before any major moves happen I would like to see us get the November 16th before making any decisions on this team. These last three games are crucial. If we lose 2 of 3 three, I think we some moves. If we win 2 of 3, I believe it will give the FO some sense of false security the team will be a contender for a playoff chance. (maybe even till the end of the month, it will tell you if we are at least grasping for any chance at the playoffs or not.)

The one thing I am extremely disappointed in is the attitude. They have been repeatedly mentioned as fragile, and for the first time all year showed they aren't. We need that to change. Losing mentality will only create losers. They need to change that culture in there. Can't have them thinking they will lose if they fall behind, have the fighter mentality.

**** the Pens.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
In the beginning of the month I said this was a major 2 weeks for the Flyers. They play 8 games in that span. They have gone 2-2-1 in the first five games. Before any major moves happen I would like to see us get the November 16th before making any decisions on this team. These last three games are crucial. If we lose 2 of 3 three, I think we some moves. If we win 2 of 3, I believe it will give the FO some sense of false security the team will be a contender for a playoff chance. (maybe even till the end of the month, it will tell you if we are at least grasping for any chance at the playoffs or not.)

The one thing I am extremely disappointed in is the attitude. They have been repeatedly mentioned as fragile, and for the first time all year showed they aren't. We need that to change. Losing mentality will only create losers. They need to change that culture in there. Can't have them thinking they will lose if they fall behind, have the fighter mentality.

**** the Pens.
Yeah it's really about confidence at this point. After the NYI win, they came out and looked fantastic against ANA, one of the best teams in the league. Unfortunately, a few missed chances and a couple bad goals, and they faded right back into their fetal position they had been in all year. There definitely seemed to be a sense of confidence after yesterday...but it means nothing if they are going to just shrivel up and die if they face any adversity against Ottawa.

The best case scenario for this week is a solid effort/win against Ottawa, then one of those bat **** crazy emotional games against Pitt that they come out on top in. A huge emotional win like that would really bring this team together...they have to come to play though.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 10:51 AM
AaronTrieu

The team is just missing its mojo. Trading players won't fix it. Not even sure how to get that back. I think they just need to start off small and build an identity. Maybe they should start hitting everything that moves. This team is the best when they are physical and get under the opponents skin. We have some good hitters like Hartnell, Simmonds, and B schenn that seem be giving up chances to hit a guy.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
The Couturier Effect

Lucky for us, the Metropolitan division is terrible. If they string some wins together, they'll be right back in it. Hopefully the win yesterday will get them going. I'm still not confident about their offense against stronger competition, though.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
3Fs

Good post from everyone and some very good thoughts...I do hope we wait and see what happens next 3 games. 2/3 sounds promising. Anything short of that is pretty much it.

Old
11-10-2013, 03:41 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

I think or rather I like to believe that now that Roo has potted a goal he said himself the pressure is off, if he goes this team goes, and now hopefully the flood gates open for this team
This team is way too talented to be performing at the level they have been, given the coach change (which I think we all agree Lavi should had been gone in the offseason) I believe it takes 2 months at least to get a coaches system down
I'm open for a trade that is going to make the team better, but honestly I couldn't tell you what that is, but I do know who I wouldn't trade: Roo, Couts, Voracek, Mason, and Vinny

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
I think or rather I like to believe that now that Roo has potted a goal he said himself the pressure is off, if he goes this team goes, and now hopefully the flood gates open for this team
This team is way too talented to be performing at the level they have been, given the coach change (which I think we all agree Lavi should had been gone in the offseason) I believe it takes 2 months at least to get a coaches system down
I'm open for a trade that is going to make the team better, but honestly I couldn't tell you what that is, but I do know who I wouldn't trade: Roo, Couts, Voracek, Mason, and Vinny
I like to add these guys to that list...Both Schenns, Simmonds and none of our highly touted minor league guys.

Old
11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post

It's being reported that Holmgrem is hearing offers on all players NOT named Giroux or Mason.

Sorry I can't provide you with the source (It was re-tweeted by one of the hockey experts I follow).

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:42 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
[/B]

It's being reported that Holmgrem is hearing offers on all players NOT named Giroux or Mason.

Sorry I can't provide you with the source (It was re-tweeted by one of the hockey experts I follow).
HAHAHA a retweet says who its from. Its still in the format from the original tweeter, just says "retweeted by so-and-so" at the bottom. If this were real you could supply us with the info. It must not be real if you cant give us the source.

GiggityGiggityGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
HAHAHA a retweet says who its from. Its still in the format from the original tweeter, just says "retweeted by so-and-so" at the bottom. If this were real you could supply us with the info. It must not be real if you cant give us the source.
You need to chill, here you go skippy:

Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 2h
As per @SportsnetSpec, #Oilers and #Flyers believed to be working on trade involving Wayne Simmonds.
MARK SPECTOR
NOVEMBER 8, 2013, 8:56 PM
Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is listening to offers on any Philadelphia player not named Claude Giroux or Steve Mason.
n a four-player swap earlier in the day, Edmonton sent defenceman Ladislav Smid to Calgary, leaving a hole on an already substandard D-corps. Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that 24-year-old defenceman Luke Schenn, who has been a healthy scratch of late on a crowded Flyers blueline, could be on his way to Edmonton as well.
Rumours abound that right-winger Ales Hemsky is going east, and he is a player that has been on the block for a long time in Edmonton. The Flyers will need much more than Hemsky (a pending UFA) in return, and are likely asking for right winger Jordan Eberle......

Old
11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

vCash: 516
That wasnt too hard. I dont expect the original source like Kevin Lowe or Craig MacTavish or something.

GiggityGiggityGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
You need to chill, here you go skippy:

Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 2h
As per @SportsnetSpec, #Oilers and #Flyers believed to be working on trade involving Wayne Simmonds.
MARK SPECTOR
NOVEMBER 8, 2013, 8:56 PM
Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is listening to offers on any Philadelphia player not named Claude Giroux or Steve Mason.
n a four-player swap earlier in the day, Edmonton sent defenceman Ladislav Smid to Calgary, leaving a hole on an already substandard D-corps. Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that 24-year-old defenceman Luke Schenn, who has been a healthy scratch of late on a crowded Flyers blueline, could be on his way to Edmonton as well.
Rumours abound that right-winger Ales Hemsky is going east, and he is a player that has been on the block for a long time in Edmonton. The Flyers will need much more than Hemsky (a pending UFA) in return, and are likely asking for right winger Jordan Eberle......
Hemsky is scratched tonight... maybe trade soon.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:03 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I love how everyone says they're open to a trade that will make this team better and weed out some of the problems, but then go on to list just about every single player that has any value and declares they wouldn't trade them.

"I'd trade anyone not named Giroux, Couturier, Simmonds, Voracek, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Read or any of our prospects"

So essentially, you wouldn't make a trade. Haha

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I love how everyone says they're open to a trade that will make this team better and weed out some of the problems, but then go on to list just about every single player that has any value and declares they wouldn't trade them.

"I'd trade anyone not named Giroux, Couturier, Simmonds, Voracek, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Read or any of our prospects"

So essentially, you wouldn't make a trade. Haha
Beggars can't be choosers. Of those you named, I wouldn't trade G, Couts, Voracek, and maybe Read. I'd listen to offers on the rest of them, IMO.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:06 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Trading a potential top winger for a d-man that loves to go out of position to hit people is one thing I haven't liked for awhile. A d-man can be slow, but he has to be smart out there. I don't want another Gauthier.

Brayden Schenn needs to quit flopping around out there. I don't care if it is easier to get on the pp, it is embarrassing as a Flyer fan.

Hartnell the sniper needs to be more of Hartnell the grinder of the past.

I miss Richards dropping the gloves out there when the game is getting out of hand. We need a Flyer to step up and not fold when the games get tough.

Okay, that is my vent

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Trading a potential top winger for a d-man that loves to go out of position to hit people is one thing I haven't liked for awhile. A d-man can be slow, but he has to be smart out there. I don't want another Gauthier.

Brayden Schenn needs to quit flopping around out there. I don't care if it is easier to get on the pp, it is embarrassing as a Flyer fan.

Hartnell the sniper needs to be more of Hartnell the grinder of the past.

I miss Richards dropping the gloves out there when the game is getting out of hand. We need a Flyer to step up and not fold when the games get tough.

Okay, that is my vent
Giroux has been the worst in that department this year as far as Flyers go.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:15 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Giroux has been the worst in that department this year as far as Flyers go.
Yes, those two are the worst ones right now. Can't stand that..

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Crosby fans would have you think flopping is an admirable sign that he just wants to win at all costs.

Nah, no thanks. It sucks. Don't do it, Claude.

11-10-2013, 11:46 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

The only guys I absolutely wouldn't trade are Giroux and Couturier (still attached, I know), but Mason and Voracek would be VERY hard to let go of. Not really factoring a guy like Vinny in because of his NTC and contract...assuming no one wants to touch that.

That being said, with Claude breaking the slump the other day, I'd like to see what sort of positive energy comes out of him and envelops the rest of the team. If they get embarrassed in the next one or two games...blow this **** up. If they play well, maybe Claude lit a fire?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:12 AM
JustJim

My only true vent concerns the person in charge of making the moves. Ed Snider manipulates Holmgren just as he used to manipulate Clarke.
What the Flyers organization needs to do is run itself, and by doing so would mean that they would hold onto the younger players and prospects in the organization, rather than dealing them away for a veteran who has played his best hockey on another team several years prior.
The Flyers have some truly talented players in their system, but the Snider approach of "win-it-all-now" will further bankrupt the talent pool by dealing away their future.
Hextall should be calling the shots, and I hope he will before draft day ( which will be in Philly this year, and if Holmgren is still Snider's puppet-boy, they'll bullocks up the whole process by trading down their picks to acquire another old vet who is already past his best games).

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:19 AM
BernieParent

I'd like to ask the Flyers coaching staff to replace the current system with "exactly what the Blues do". I watched them against Pittsburgh yesterday and, my goodness, it was beautiful. The breakouts were so smooth, the passes crisp and to players already moving. Their cycles were efficient. They pressured puck-carriers in their zone, and always seemed to be where the puck was.

At one point late in the game, Halak was so confident about his skaters going up ice that he grabbed the water bottle and took a swig while the play was still going on.

Sigh.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Curufinwe

Bring Back Hitch?

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:49 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Beggars can't be choosers. Of those you named, I wouldn't trade G, Couts, Voracek, and maybe Read. I'd listen to offers on the rest of them, IMO.
I wouldn't trade Giroux, Couturier, Voracek or Mason. Everyone else is fair game from my point of view.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'd like to ask the Flyers coaching staff to replace the current system with "exactly what the Blues do". I watched them against Pittsburgh yesterday and, my goodness, it was beautiful. The breakouts were so smooth, the passes crisp and to players already moving. Their cycles were efficient. They pressured puck-carriers in their zone, and always seemed to be where the puck was.

At one point late in the game, Halak was so confident about his skaters going up ice that he grabbed the water bottle and took a swig while the play was still going on.

Sigh.
Love this.

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote