HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

About Ch Express on rds

Old
12-20-2006, 08:47 AM
HabuseMoi

vCash: 500
About Ch Express on rds

I'm watching it right now this morning.

God, the speech from the commentators is like 10 minutes after the action, it's really bad I can't actually believe it, was it like that when it aired yesterday night after the game too?

it's been going for 3/4 of the 1st period

is it often like that?

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
It's not like watching the hole game but let's just be happy with what they show.In 1 hour what do you expect? When I can't watch the game I watch it from there and it's pretty good

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Mike McPhee

I watch it often and the commentary usually lines up with the action... sounds like that was just a weird mistake.

It's great to have when you can't catch the game. CH on speed.

The only problem is trying to block out finding out about the score beforehand. The worst part is that for the first 10 minutes, RDS is doing some commentating and showing highlights and sometimes you see the Canadiens score!! That really pisses me off. Doesn't RDS know people who watch CH Express don't want to know the score?

Also, in one of the Buffalo games they cut out part of the shootout.

Mike McPhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Last night they had a problem with CH Express where the first half of the game, you could hear the present commentary as it should be, but also prior commentary, so you heard both at the same time and it was awful.

It's not usually like that though.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 10:40 AM
HabuseMoi

I'm not saying CH expres is bad or anything, I just wanted to know if it was going to be like that all game but thankfully it was fixed for the 2nd period.

Thanks for the answer I'm not really used to watch CH express, I just wanted to know if those weird mistake were common.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
The same thing happened during the CH Expresse replay of the Lightning game, with the overlapping commentary. It didn't last as long as the one last night though (almost the entire first period I think).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Do you guys find the game started a lot earlier then it normally does yesterday? It's lame how RDS says MONTREAL VS OTHERTEAM 19H but it only starts at like 19:45-19:55 even sometimes. They do it to get you to wait through their pregame show... never even telling you when the game will really start. It's annoying. Other stations don't do that bs, they may try to get you to watch their show by saying stuff like "Don't touch that dial" or "Tonight at 8pm THIS SHOW" aka the truth, but for some reason RDS always lies and says its starting at 19H, 18:30H etc

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Do you guys find the game started a lot earlier then it normally does yesterday? It's lame how RDS says MONTREAL VS OTHERTEAM 19H but it only starts at like 19:45-19:55 even sometimes. They do it to get you to wait through their pregame show... never even telling you when the game will really start. It's annoying. Other stations don't do that bs, they may try to get you to watch their show by saying stuff like "Don't touch that dial" or "Tonight at 8pm THIS SHOW" aka the truth, but for some reason RDS always lies and says its starting at 19H, 18:30H etc
Games usually start at 19h or 19h30, depending on weekday vs. weekend, and home vs. away. Just check NHL.com or Canadiens.com for a real Habs schedule, not the RDS schedule. And yes yes, a 19h game will start at about 19h06 or whatever, but who cares.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote