HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Kasparaitis out 10-12 weeks w/ knee injury

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 07:35 PM
nathan

vCash: 500
Kasparaitis out 10-12 weeks w/ knee injury

link
Quote:
NEW YORK (Ticker) - New York Rangers defenseman Darius Kasparaitis will be sidelined 10-12 weeks with a left knee injury, the team announced Tuesday night.

Kasparaitis was injured on a knee-to-knee collision with Bruins defenseman Dan McGillis in the second period of Monday's 5-2 loss at Boston. An MRI on Tuesday revealed a tibial plateau fracture and a Grade II MCL sprain.

Kasparaitis has thrown questionable hits in his career, but looks like it's his turn to feel the pain. I wonder if there will be any punishments levied against McGillis.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I guess this is what they call Karma. Don't wish anybody any harm, but if a knee injury had to happen, better to him than somebody who has played the game clean.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
I guess this is what they call Karma. Don't wish anybody any harm, but if a knee injury had to happen, better to him than somebody who has played the game clean.
Funny, I said the same thing pretty much in two other threads

Old
01-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Alexander

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Kasparaitis has thrown questionable hits in his career, but looks like it's his turn to feel the pain. I wonder if there will be any punishments levied against McGillis.
There will be nothing done, and rightfully so I might add, to McGillis. He played in tonights game against the Rangers and I highly doubt the report of a large injury would be cause for giving him a suspension.

Old
01-20-2004, 09:51 PM
CCF
This is the year....

If Bryan Allen is suspended because he slashed Zetterberg, something that you see at least 10 times a game, and Zetterberg is forced to miss time than I would assume it would be only fair that McGillis too would be hit with a suspension. That play was far more questionable than Allen's.

Old
01-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
i've just seen the play and it deserves a suspension IMO !

Old
01-20-2004, 10:47 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Oh the irony in this...

Old
01-20-2004, 11:40 PM
nathan

Seriously...

I don't want to start a new topic, but I just read that Darcy Tucker got high-sticked in the eye. WTF? Like all the questionable players are getting it now?

Old
01-21-2004, 09:27 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
If Bryan Allen is suspended because he slashed Zetterberg, something that you see at least 10 times a game, and Zetterberg is forced to miss time than I would assume it would be only fair that McGillis too would be hit with a suspension. That play was far more questionable than Allen's.

Why???

McGillis went to throw a clean check, he didnt stick out his knee or leg or intend to hurt him, Kasper tried going around it and it didnt work.

Since when is slashing allowed to begin with? Body checks are allowed, sometimes they go bad by ACCIDENT, slashing is not allowed, its a penalty wether you injure someone or not.

And if u see i ten times a game, it should be a penalty ten times a game, wether it is or isnt is a different story....errrr....a different thread i guess

Closed Thread