HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose David Desharnais thread (post-Pressbox edition)

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Teamwork

vCash: 500
Not really a big Briere fan, but I'm excited to see what he can do when playing centre.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Hugo Sham

prust briere pacioretty
egg
gio pleks bjork

*send DD to the WNHL or press box

Old
11-10-2013, 10:29 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
DD tonight

OMG Almost scored in his own goal. Bourque is trying like a madman on his line but DD is unable to follow suit.
I wish that we did not have DD in the lineup but at least be real with this post.

DD was hustling and without him breaking up that pass, the Islander forward was in alone on Price and probably scores.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Makes you wonder if this guy HONESTLY wants to get out of his slump. For a guy that has 0 goal, its not normal that hasn't recorded a single shot on goal in 5 straight games.

And its not just that, he doesn't look like a guy that is frustrated by the situation. He's not playing like a mad man trying to do everything he could to produce or help his team.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Makes you wonder if this guy HONESTLY wants to get out of his slump. For a guy that has 0 goal, its not normal that hasn't recorded a single shot on goal in 5 straight games.

And its not just that, he doesn't look like a guy that is frustrated by the situation. He's not playing like a mad man trying to do everything he could to produce or help his team.
He is now passing on shots. Its very obvious that he has zero confidence in his shooting ability now.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:32 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

But he is growing a pretty cool beard, more important.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Lars Eller never had a real slump this season, it was just a statistical fluctuation. Him and his line were generating shots.

Desharnais' terrible production is not a statistical fluctuation. He is not being unlucky. He is getting all the production he deserves.
Glad you came to post this after 14 games in hiding. That rock must've been huge.

That being said, glad to see Eller put up some points. Not only him but all that line. I feel Galchenyuk will get some confidence from it. Gallagher plays like a nut regardless.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Prendan Brust

Desharnais isn't nhl level right now. I believe he should be sent down.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:58 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Glad you came to post this after 14 games in hiding. That rock must've been huge.

That being said, glad to see Eller put up some points. Not only him but all that line. I feel Galchenyuk will get some confidence from it. Gallagher plays like a nut regardless.

I saw your irrational arguments against eller last week but I was then too busy to respond to your confusion.

Desharnais needs to be in Hamilton.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:14 PM
FazChenyuk

When Briere gets back I would like

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Briere
kid line
Bournival-DD-Gionta (lots of speed)

Old
11-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post

kid line
Can't tell if serious? If you are, DD's speed depends on the condition of the ice. At the beginning of a period, with the clean ice, he can glide at a reasonably slow pace. But near the end of a period, he's gliding slower than Murray skates.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:28 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post

kid line
I personally believe that this team would be MUCH more better if Briere and DD are off the top 9. At this point, Bourque and Prust are better options.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
FazChenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivuN View Post
I personally believe that this team would be MUCH more better if Briere and DD are off the top 9. At this point, Bourque and Prust are better options.
I forgot Bourque too. We seem to have some depht, we have to make good use of it. He could play on third line if Gionta doesnt produce

Old
11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

DD right now reminds me of Benoit Pouliot. At one point Pouliot was playing on the Habs' first line with Gomez(yes!) and Gionta and they were Hell on wheels. Then he went into a horrible slump and was benched a huge part of the 2010 playoffs. And he's been going from teams to teams ever since.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

I saw your irrational arguments against eller last week but I was then too busy to respond to your confusion.

Desharnais needs to be in Hamilton.
You did bump your "Bergevin says Character in his sentences" thread though.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
DD right now reminds me of Benoit Pouliot. At one point Pouliot was playing on the Habs' first line with Gomez(yes!) and Gionta and they were Hell on wheels. Then he went into a horrible slump and was benched a huge part of the 2010 playoffs. And he's been going from teams to teams ever since.
I don't understand why Boston let him go at the time. They liked him. I can't tell you why they did but they seemed to like his presence on the 3rd line.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

I love that DD player. Top notch. Excellent game tonight.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:23 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
You did bump your "Bergevin says Character in his sentences" thread though.
Are you actually laughing?

*deep sigh*

You were wrong about Desharnais and Eller. Instead of insulting people with non-sequiturs, you should reflect on why your judgment was so deeply flawed. What are the errors in thinking that led you to such incorrect conclusions? You might learn something, and modify your evaluation strategy here on out.

Peace.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

DD is always a split-second too late, an inch too far, etc, etc. This guy simply cannot do it at the NHL speed and basically leaves his two wingers to their own devices with the exception of a few crisp passes.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Nice beard tonight(not). Other than that, nothing.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
coolasprICE

Old
11-11-2013, 12:47 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

*deep sigh*

You were wrong about Desharnais and Eller. Instead of insulting people with non-sequiturs, you should reflect on why your judgment was so deeply flawed. What are the errors in thinking that led you to such incorrect conclusions? You might learn something, and modify your evaluation strategy here on out.

Peace.
Everyone's wrong every now and then. It's not exclusive.

In the case of DD this is even beyond 2 big wingers and all that. Guy fell off the planet here.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:09 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

*deep sigh*

Peace.

It's not the first time I see you do this, and honestly you should drop it.

You're not showing any more hockey knowledge (or any less for that matter) than the average poster here, considering this you're pretty quick when it comes to criticise other people's judgement, even laugh at other people's intelligence.

lest not forget school doesnt get people intelligence, it gets them an education, that is all.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
He is now passing on shots. Its very obvious that he has zero confidence in his shooting ability now.

very Gomez like.

I honestly can't see enough positives in his game to keep him in the lineup right now. His game on the defensive side is limited to poking the puck. On offense it seems to be to get rid of the puck quickly before it's taken away from him. His advantage, quickness and speed, seems to have evaporated.

The team is in desperate need of getting more than one line shooting bullets, it's a tough task with this guy being the player he's become. I am not sure why Therrien is against giving him extended time in the pressbox , it doesn't have to be carried out like punishment, DD's game is in need of an overhaul.

He's like that kid in need of special attention holding the entire class back.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:17 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Everyone's wrong every now and then. It's not exclusive.

In the case of DD this is even beyond 2 big wingers and all that. Guy fell off the planet here.
Give credit where it's due. There was a vocal handful who were very upset at the timing and the details of the extension.

This was in so many ways an avoidable catastrophe. DD had no leverage whatsoever, if he was extended for 2 years at 3.5 we wouldn't be caring so much but at 4 years he's really anchored himself and it's clear that it's affecting him as well.

All that said, his play was brutal last season as well. He fell off just like Gomez did, but at least Gomez was a winner and an NHL player. DD is nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
It's not the first time I see you do this, and honestly you should drop it.

You're not showing any more hockey knowledge (or any less for that matter) than the average poster here, considering this you're pretty quick when it comes to criticise other people's judgement, even laugh at other people's intelligence.

lest not forget school doesnt get people intelligence, it gets them an education, that is all.
Great intelligence on display there, champ.

edit: This board, like all of sports fandom, has a strong and evident anti-intellectual slant. It's run MathMan away despite him bringing tons of evidence to every argument, now apparently PhDs and other educated folk are going to get their degrees and experienced thrown back at them by a bunch of petulant children. Sad.

Closed Thread