HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Finally a home win!

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 07:10 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I think hes saying that Mike Vick wouldnt throw to Cooper because he's white... and a racist.
Well, I still don't get it; however, I'll never defend Vick. The guy is as bad a QB as he is a human being.

Old
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I think hes saying that Mike Vick wouldnt throw to Cooper because he's white... and a racist.
I'm not sure he's saying that and I personally don't think that was the reason I think the reason is likely a combination of

#1) Vick not going through his progressions and Cooper rarely being one of the top options on a route.

#2) Vick not being comfortable throwing to a player unless he was open, while Foles is willing to throw before a player is open if he thinks he can lead a player to a spot or in Cooper's case use his size and physical ability to win a battle for the ball.

Old
11-10-2013, 07:32 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

Yeh i was just messing around.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:19 PM
The Couturier Effect

Love watching the Cowgirls get their ***** kicked.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Love watching the Cowgirls get their ***** kicked.
Man their defense is bad. So much "talent" on that team. Love to see it.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:34 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Man their defense is bad. So much "talent" on that team. Love to see it.
It's embarrassing that we only put up 3 points on them...

Old
11-10-2013, 11:38 PM
FLYguy3911

They did lose their best player.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:45 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Lee's a great player but always hurt all the time, it was the same story back in his days at Penn St.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:49 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

First place baby!!

(no tiebreakers, but whatever)

Old
11-11-2013, 12:00 AM
The Couturier Effect

Side note: I lost by less than a point in fantasy football...

It's all Jake Locker's fault

Old
11-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50

Old
11-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Hiesenberg

lmfao

Old
11-11-2013, 11:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Vinny Curry: Nice guy!

11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
daynus

man things can change in philly sports

quickly. the phillies finished the season, man they need help. need a partial blow up, to put it kindly. then the young, recently blown up 76ers, new gm- coach, roster. were suppost to tank and be in the wiggins sweepstakes. well this young team is coming together faster than expected. so a superstar like wiggins, would help push this team to the next level. well well, looking like wiggins to utah, unless the 6ers go on a big long losing streak. probably closer to the top 10, teens is where they will make their picks. and the eagles. do you guys think foles is the long term qb for chip kellys offense. the eagles have some talent and holes on d. that is the area where i would add some talent. cb-s especially, in next years draft. then their is the flyers. with giroux,hartnell breaking their scoring slumps, are these guys ready to win 50-60% of their games or continue to flounder, and miss the playoffs. well their is some hope in philly.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
quickly. the phillies finished the season, man they need help. need a partial blow up, to put it kindly. then the young, recently blown up 76ers, new gm- coach, roster. were suppost to tank and be in the wiggins sweepstakes. well this young team is coming together faster than expected. so a superstar like wiggins, would help push this team to the next level. well well, looking like wiggins to utah, unless the 6ers go on a big long losing streak. probably closer to the top 10, teens is where they will make their picks. and the eagles. do you guys think foles is the long term qb for chip kellys offense. the eagles have some talent and holes on d. that is the area where i would add some talent. cb-s especially, in next years draft. then their is the flyers. with giroux,hartnell breaking their scoring slumps, are these guys ready to win 50-60% of their games or continue to flounder, and miss the playoffs. well their is some hope in philly.
I think from what Foles is currently showing, the Eagles almost have to keep him around as the starting QB. No picks and 1 fumble are pretty awesome, even against some suspect defenses who have injuries. The Eagles obviously won't be getting a top pick in next year's draft, what with a lot of other teams being absolutely atrocious. I look to defense all the way. Mariota and Bridgewater likely go to the Bucs and Jags.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
On the offensive side we need to see more of Foles to determine if he is a long term answer. The O-line is good, RBs are good, TEs are okay, we could use a bigger possession type of WR that's more skilled/dangerous than Cooper and Avant. Maclin hopefully can return in healthy condition next season. I think the offense is in good shape.

Defensively is a different story. There are a few good looking players but talent could be added everywhere, especially in the secondary. This side of the ball should be the main focus next draft/offseason.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:31 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
On the offensive side we need to see more of Foles to determine if he is a long term answer. The O-line is good, RBs are good, TEs are okay, we could use a bigger possession type of WR that's more skilled/dangerous than Cooper and Avant. Maclin hopefully can return in healthy condition next season. I think the offense is in good shape.

Defensively is a different story. There are a few good looking players but talent could be added everywhere, especially in the secondary. This side of the ball should be the main focus next draft/offseason.
I think the d-line is fine. You have very young players in there doing well already in Cox, Curry, Logan, and Thornton. They should be a force for years to come. LBs could use some change on the outside. Ryans and Kendricks have been very good for the majority of the year. Boykin and Fletcher have been good at corner and Nate Allen has improved dramatically since his horrid start. I also like what I've seen out of Earl Wolfe.

So maybe another corner to keep Boykin as the slot guy where he excels and then a solid pick up at OLB unless someone like Brandon Graham can prove he can play there.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Justified
Amaro out

I really hope Foles is the answer at the QB position. Assuming he starts these next 6 games, that means he would have started 10 games this season and . I think that is a good enough sample size to evaluate him in whether they need to draft a qb or not. If he flourishes into a legitimate NFL qb, it will make everything so much easier. They will be able to focus their attention on getting impact players on defense, Some teams wait decades after decades in finding their QB and waste first round pick after first round pick on them, and the Eagles may have landed one in the 3rd round.

11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
MP92
S.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I really hope Foles is the answer at the QB position. Assuming he starts these next 6 games, that means he would have started 10 games this season and . I think that is a good enough sample size to evaluate him in whether they need to draft a qb or not. If he flourishes into a legitimate NFL qb, it will make everything so much easier. They will be able to focus their attention on getting impact players on defense, Some teams wait decades after decades in finding their QB and waste first round pick after first round pick on them, and the Eagles may have landed one in the 3rd round.
Same here. Im as big a Foles fan as there is. Unfortunately, I get the vibe from Kelly that he doesn't really love Foles, and that he's going to do whatever it takes to try and move up to land Mariota or Manziel. But Foles keeps playing at an elite level, which I believe he will, I don't see how Chip can convince ownership and the fanbase that he wants to move in a different direction. It would be incredibly retarded to trade a QB who has done nothing but impress, just because he's not a dual threat.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I don't get the vibe that Kelly doesn't like Foles because he's not a duel threat at all coming from Kelly directly. The media is the one that is driving that train. Kelly has stated himself that he isn't married to a type of offense.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-11-2013, 07:13 PM
MP92
S.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I don't get the vibe that Kelly doesn't like Foles because he's not a duel threat at all coming from Kelly directly. The media is the one that is driving that train. Kelly has stated himself that he isn't married to a type of offense.
I mostly pick it up from his post game and Monday morning pressers. Anytime he's asked about how he thought Foles has performed, he usually goes with the generic ''good job''. Sometimes he'll throw in a ''very''. But even aside from that, his body language seems to show it. Take for example, in training camp and pre season, you'd always see clips of Kelly and Vick side by side, smiling and laughing. You really didn't see him do that with Foles. Maybe he did and the cameras didn't catch it. Then look at the Oakland game. Foles walks up to him to shake his hand and Kelly turns around, gives him a straight face for a few seconds, and then cracks a little smirk. He just seems a little reluctant when it comes to Nick. But hey, I could be reading it completely wrong.

Old
11-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I'm not sold on Foles yet, but I think the next 6 games will help. If he does well he'll be a movable commodity at the draft, at the very least.

Old
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Hiesenberg

Another huge, huge test. Last time he faced a similar situation, he folded. He has to show up this week.

Old
11-12-2013, 10:57 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Eagles sign WR/QB/RB/Carpenter/Surfer/Archaeologist Brad Smith pending a physical today. He could be a legit return man for this team.

Old
11-12-2013, 11:03 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Eagles sign WR/QB/RB/Carpenter/Surfer/Archaeologist Brad Smith pending a physical today. He could be a legit return man for this team.
He's a really good special teamer but he's coming off an injury or even still hurt.

Closed Thread