HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Edm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2013, 03:19 PM
  #51
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Yea, and if he develops into a star then expect to pay double that.
and if Eller turns into a 30 goal scorer and if Beaulieu turns into a top 2 defender and if Fucale becomes a great net-minder. see what i'm doing?

Hugo Sham is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:04 PM
  #52
Pekka Rinne
Registered User
 
Pekka Rinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Maybe.

Face it your not getting P.K and no one is willing to overpay for Yak.
Besides we already got the best player in that draft yr.
And you know this ~70 games removed from the draft? Whatever you say buddy.

Pekka Rinne is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:08 PM
  #53
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,999
vCash: 226
Intriguing proposal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
jesus, that's quite the overpayment for an underachieving/unproven player.
Would you give up Galchenyuk for anything short of that?

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:31 PM
  #54
sansabri
aka 'full sansabri'
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Intriguing proposal


Would you give up Galchenyuk for anything short of that?
of course not. but like i said, we developed Eller into the player he is now. why trade him to take on another player who *might* end up being better, but that we would have to develop all over again.

it would be like the Oilers trading Eberle for Larsson and some prospects. Larsson might become that great no.1 dman that Edmonton lacks, but is it worth taking the risk?

sansabri is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:44 PM
  #55
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Intriguing proposal


Would you give up Galchenyuk for anything short of that?

There's a big difference between the 14 pt Galchenyuk and the underachieving 3 pt Yak he's talking about.

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 07:46 PM
  #56
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
And you know this ~70 games removed from the draft? Whatever you say buddy.
Just watch them play .If you can't notice the difference maybe you ought to switch to following another sport.

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:17 PM
  #57
Pekka Rinne
Registered User
 
Pekka Rinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Its funny because even with all Yakupov's struggles, he has 3 less career points than Galchengod.

Pekka Rinne is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:24 PM
  #58
MPStoEberletoHall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Just watch them play .If you can't notice the difference maybe you ought to switch to following another sport.
Look at their career stats buddy also look who Yak has been playing with for most of his career

MPStoEberletoHall is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:33 PM
  #59
sansabri
aka 'full sansabri'
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Its funny because even with all Yakupov's struggles, he has 3 less career points than Galchengod.
make that 6. Galchenyuk just had himself a big night.

sansabri is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:07 PM
  #60
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Its funny because even with all Yakupov's struggles, he has 3 less career points than Galchengod.
Again you need to find yourself a different sport to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Look at their career stats buddy also look who Yak has been playing with for most of his career
Oh the Look at who he's playing with card.

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
  #61
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Would Hall + Nugent-Hopkins + Eberle + Petry + Nurse do it for you?
Did you read my post? I said he's not available, unless you offer something insane.

CanadienShark is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
  #62
Almighty
Registered User
 
Almighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Way too much coming from Montreal. Not worth the price, IMO.

Almighty is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:32 PM
  #63
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan3 View Post
Way too much coming from Montreal. Not worth the price, IMO.
To me it's not that bad because I feel beaulieu will never turn into anything because he is absolute chit in his own end and fucale will always be behind price

PricerStopDaPuck is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
  #64
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
To me it's not that bad because I feel beaulieu will never turn into anything because he is absolute chit in his own end and fucale will always be behind price
Please enlighten us.How many games have you actually seen Beaulieu play?

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:36 PM
  #65
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
To me it's not that bad because I feel beaulieu will never turn into anything because he is absolute chit in his own end and fucale will always be behind price
1) your beaulieu point is pure speculation
2) fucale won't be dislodging price for 6-7 years
3) Eller centers habs best scoring line
4) Yakupov while great is not what habs need - they have enough smallish soft speedy forwards. they need more size on the wing - not less

Hugo Sham is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:49 PM
  #66
Gabouch
Registered User
 
Gabouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
A big no from Montreal...

We need to get bigger , Yak doesn't fit in that mould

Beaulieu is our only LHD with some offensive skills who can replace Markov when he's gone

Gabouch is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:11 PM
  #67
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Its funny because even with all Yakupov's struggles, he has 3 less career points than Galchengod.
Stats are not everything. Watch how Galchenyuk play and honestly tell me Yakupov is a better player.

JustAHabFan is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
  #68
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Please enlighten us.How many games have you actually seen Beaulieu play?
Every single habs game he played. The memorial cup,Wjc and 10 dogs games or so. So a lot of games it's not really speculation it's a genuine opinion

PricerStopDaPuck is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
  #69
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 250
I'm a glass half full type guy and beaulieu reminded me of chris campoli type in his games with montreal. Tinordi on the other hand I'm a big fan of

PricerStopDaPuck is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
  #70
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Every single habs game he played. The memorial cup,Wjc and 10 dogs games or so. So a lot of games it's not really speculation it's a genuine opinion
Just wondering if you have seen him play a lot or just going off what you have seen in the few games in the Habs lineup
I've seen him play plenty of Dogs game and while he isn't great defensively the worst i can see him becomming average in that department and he also has a nasty streak while having very good offensive potential.

Mind you i haven't seen him in any AHL games .

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:36 PM
  #71
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Just wondering if you have seen him play a lot or just going off what you have seen in the few games in the Habs lineup
I've seen him play plenty of Dogs game and while he isn't great defensively the worst i can see him becomming average in that department and he also has a nasty streak while having very good offensive potential.

Mind you i haven't seen him in any AHL games .
He could develop his d game in the next few years and it could be less magnified if he plays for a person very good in his own end and getting it out of the zone. But I would rather trade him then tinordi who we could really use moving forward

PricerStopDaPuck is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 10:42 PM
  #72
Gabouch
Registered User
 
Gabouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
I see Beaulieu develop into a MDZ , similar type of play.

BTW IMO , Galchenyuk is far away ahead of Yakupov in his own zone

Gabouch is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 11:01 PM
  #73
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabouch View Post
I see Beaulieu develop into a MDZ , similar type of play.

BTW IMO , Galchenyuk is far away ahead of Yakupov in his own zone
Well that wouldn't be too hard. Yakupov doesn't even know what his own zone looks like.

jacks is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 11:04 PM
  #74
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
I've seen worse proposals for Yakupov.

thadd is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM
  #75
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Just stop with these Yakupov proposals they are all ridiculous and make no sense whatsoever from the Oilers stand point. They have to be patient with him and see him grow into a solid top player.

canadiensnation is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.