HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 500
Does Kreider by any chance have a shot at team USA?

A few guys who people had penciled into their lineups are really underperforming, and he's building chemistry with Stepan.

It's probably an outside chance, but he's definitely playing like an Olympian right now

11-10-2013, 10:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post

A few guys who people had penciled into their lineups are really underperforming, and he's building chemistry with Stepan.

It's probably an outside chance, but he's definitely playing like an Olympian right now
If two weeks from now, he is still performing at this level, then he has a legitimate shot to make the team. The numbers have been there, but it isn't just numbers. His overall game is so effective. He impacts the play every shift with his speed, size, and physical play. He wears teams down on the forecheck. He has improved even more on rushing into a corner for a loose puck and getting the body position/checking the defender out of the way to gain puck control.

And I also agree that his chemistry with Stepan has to have the eyes of the USA staff. Chemistry is a huge aspect of a successful olympic team considering the tournament is only a few weeks long in the middle of an NHL season. Stepan and Kreider played a little bit together in the WJC's. They may have that chance again.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:01 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Come on guys, he doesn't have a shot at Team USA. 10-15 games doesn't make you an Olympian.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:

Yes. In 2018.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
jay from jersey

lindros-esque

Old
11-10-2013, 11:08 PM
darko

It'd take a miracle for Kreider to make team USA.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Come on guys, he doesn't have a shot at Team USA. 10-15 games doesn't make you an Olympian.
He's playing like an Olympian is all I care about. That sequence on the first goal was complete hockey. He's coming along nice and steady now. Really like what we're starting to see.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Hence why I said come back in two weeks and ask that question again. Right now he has 8 points in 10 games played. If he can stay consistent I don't see why he wouldn't be considered for a spot. Is it because that would be too many rangers players on the USA roster? Last time I checked there isn't a limit. Callahan, McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider. I'm pretty sure during a 2-3 week tournament USA hockey wants to win. If Kreider is outperforming original considerations then he should have the spot.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Lets not get carried away...

Old
11-10-2013, 11:38 PM
jay from jersey

all depends

on what poile is looking for. to have such good hands and speed for a man of his size is very unique. when he gets going he is like a freight train. stick him on the fourth line with two talented players (maybe steps and cally) and the becomes a matchup nightmare for other countries. who knows?? but from the inernational play i've seen steps has very good chemistry with blake wheeler.

Old
11-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Lets not get carried away...
I understand he may not have 'earned' it with multiple years of play, but I want the US to win (well, I want Austria to win, but that's not happening)

If this is how Kreider is playing come February, I want that to compete, not the **** that is Dustin Brown's current play.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Brooksie is ******** twats with Kreider suspension talk.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:02 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I understand he may not have 'earned' it with multiple years of play, but I want the US to win (well, I want Austria to win, but that's not happening)

If this is how Kreider is playing come February, I want that to compete, not the **** that is Dustin Brown's current play.
Kind of where I was getting at. Brown has been awful.

I want to see USA win. If Kreider gives them a better chance than some others then he should be there. I don't give a damn about tenure/experience. This isn't and shouldn't be some political game.

And Larry Brooks is a clown. A suspension? He shoved Upshall. It was not malicious. Upshall did not appear injured. He served his 2 minute minor and now its over with.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:25 AM
ferroid

Is Kreider's production sustainable? I'm wondering whether I should pick up him over one of Derek Roy, Chris Stewart, or Brad Marchand.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Suspension? Brooks is out of his mind. Pyatt was concussed by Tyutin. Where was the suspension? I just read his articles on the Post website. This is the guy who wants to get rid of fighting in hockey. Kreider doesn't know how strong he really is. Upshall is a little ****.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:36 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

A good way to gauge how suspension worthy a hit is is by measuring the outrage on the main board. No thread for Tyutin's hit on Pyatt? No suspension! No thread for Kreider's hit on Upshall? No suspension!

Old
11-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferroid View Post
Is Kreider's production sustainable? I'm wondering whether I should pick up him over one of Derek Roy, Chris Stewart, or Brad Marchand.
hard to say, he's picking up points by making smart plays and creating turnovers, making good passes, etc. He's a bit snake bitten and if he starts putting in some of his chances, his point totals might get better, but if his line goes through a rough spot then he could just as easily not score any at all for a stretch

Old
11-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
Why? I'm sure the league will take a look. It was both incredibly dangerous and dumb

Old
11-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Hockeyplayer99

Timing of the hit on Upshall with under 2 minutes to go and up by a goal people will say its dumb, but you know what, Upshall was cross checking one of your top players and I for one am glad he threw the little ***** down. This is what everyone wants us sticking up for each other, so good for Kreider and glad it didnt' hurt the Rangers, but we sure as hell need to start sticking up for each other like Kreider did. Suspension yea since when do people get suspended for knocking someone down who is facing them.

Old
11-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Why? I'm sure the league will take a look. It was both incredibly dangerous and dumb
Agreed. If someone had done the exact same thing to a Ranger, people here would be screaming for a suspension.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
Timing of the hit on Upshall with under 2 minutes to go and up by a goal people will say its dumb, but you know what, Upshall was cross checking one of your top players and I for one am glad he threw the little ***** down. This is what everyone wants us sticking up for each other, so good for Kreider and glad it didnt' hurt the Rangers, but we sure as hell need to start sticking up for each other like Kreider did. Suspension yea since when do people get suspended for knocking someone down who is facing them.
I'd lean against a suspension. Kreider doesnt know how strong he is - I think its a major reason why he struggled since the 2012 playoffs. But lets not promote the fallacy that this wasnt a dangerous play, it was.

As for the "everyone wants us sticking up for eachother" garbage, theres a time and a place for everything. What Kreider did was incredibly stupid with a minute left in the game and a one goal lead. Incredibly dumb. You'd be singing a different tune had Florida scored on the ensuing 6 on 4. I hope Kreider bought a round for the PK'ers last night.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I'd lean against a suspension. Kreider doesnt know how strong he is - I think its a major reason why he struggled since the 2012 playoffs. But lets not promote the fallacy that this wasnt a dangerous play, it was.

As for the "everyone wants us sticking up for eachother" garbage, theres a time and a place for everything. What Kreider did was incredibly stupid with a minute left in the game and a one goal lead. Incredibly dumb. You'd be singing a different tune had Florida scored on the ensuing 6 on 4. I hope Kreider bought a round for the PK'ers last night.
He barely shoved Upshall. You can see it in Stepans response to it. Either Kreider is The Hulk or Upshall sold that.

I'd rather the team stick up for eachother like that than see no fire from them whatsoever. Maybe not the time for it, but this team lacks that type of play.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:26 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He barely shoved Upshall. You can see it in Stepans response to it. Either Kreider is The Hulk or Upshall sold that.

I'd rather the team stick up for eachother like that than see no fire from them whatsoever. Maybe not the time for it, but this team lacks that type of play.
I dont think Upshall sold anything. He just got demolished. Watch after the play when Upshall is on the bench. He is talking to another player and you can read his lips saying "who was it?" "I didnt even see him". Im no lip reading expert but I clearly made that out.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
Ok. But he's also right.

11-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...it-on-upshall/

Update at the bottom.

Quote:
PHT has learned Kreider will not face further action from the league for the hit.

Closed Thread