HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

St. Louis Trip

Old
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
This has to be the coolest trip(s) possible for any hockey fan. What a great opportunity for you guys. I'd love to know if there is any info you could give us about Tootoo and Upshall specifically, but if not, posts like the one above are terrific!
as far as more on toots, i was sitting in the lobby reading the paper on game morning early.. toots was the first one to come down almost stumbling out of the elveator... he looked like crap.. he recognized we were with the team and came by, keep saying "yes sir" and "no sir whenever you asked him anything.. made me feel like i was about 75.. he really looked bad, didn't think there was anyway he would play that afternoon really... he had gotten up early to walk over and buy some stuff he said.. he came back with a little bag 30 minutes later, with what i assume was cold medicine.. nice guy away from everyone by the way..

of course, upshall didn't go on this trip because of the injury.. but i laughed over the red headed flight arttendant talking about him normally hitting on her constantly.. when he's with the team, him and tootoo are inseperable.. add in smithson and hamhuis and weber and they run in a pack every where they go.. this group's hotel room pasttime is playing video games according to the veterans.. at home, this group and legwand and radulov are all pretty tight of course (the single group), they say they all do everything together there as well

Last edited by Pred303: 12-19-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
When the next road-trip comes up, let them know that there's a young man in Western KY that you all need to bring. The younger players need someone they can relate to, not to say ya'll are old fogies, but...old fogies you are.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Coffey77

Really interesting. Especially the part about Scott Walker.

Are you guys going to be doing more of these reports? Or was it a one time deal? I think the NHL teams should do more of this kind of thing. Like that ESPN (or whoever) thing where they were behind the scenes of the Red Wings during the 2002-2003 season.

Coffey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

This is the best thread I have ever read.

BTW did it seem that Tootoo was avoiding you/everyone because of his sickness?

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
This is the best thread I have ever read.

BTW did it seem that Tootoo was avoiding you/everyone because of his sickness?
he wasn't avoiding us.... he did walk to the arena himself instead of riding the team bus over though, not that that's unusual.. kariya and legwand walked over as well.. i didn't look to see if he was in a seperate room (his roommate is normally upshall).. normally only vets with 500 or more nhl games i believe get a seperate room (might be 600 games), everyone else has to share one...

but when the game started, they actually had him sitting back where the backup goalie usually sits or stands, back behind the bench..didn't get up on the normal bench until radulov went down early.. so it was obvious, they were kind of keeping him at a distance as much as possible

Old
12-19-2006, 09:34 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
last year, they won a silent auction for the right to do so(if you dig around, maybe HT or pred303 could supply the dates to look for, I don't remember when it was)

For those of you from other boards that are interested....this is the thread that we wrote last year for our 1st trip.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...side+Info+Trip

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
sk84fun_dc

Just like last year's thread, this one is great; as a Caps fan that enjoys watching the Preds play, I enjoy reading the stories/recaps/insights provided by the two of you after your trips.

Having made my first hockey excursion to the Western Canadian cities when the Caps played there earlier this year (around the same time as the Preds did), I say keep pushing for that trip. It was awesome even without the inside access and travel situation you two will have.

Thanks for sharing what you can after the trips!

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

I love the part about how they get out of not signing autographs. Poor Kariya!

12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm most interested in the thoughts on Upshall and Klein.
enoch, i'm afraid that we never got to talk to anyone specifically about klein or his what anyone thought about his prospects.. nor where anyone thought lehtonen's role was with the team either.. should have, just didn't get around to it

and of course, unfortunately, upshall wasn't on the trip, so we never saw him. about the only thing we talked about that was upshall related was we dug into as much info on his injury as we could get.

Old
12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
he wasn't avoiding us.... he did walk to the arena himself instead of riding the team bus over though, not that that's unusual.. kariya and legwand walked over as well.. i didn't look to see if he was in a seperate room (his roommate is normally upshall).. normally only vets with 500 or more nhl games i believe get a seperate room (might be 600 games), everyone else has to share one...

but when the game started, they actually had him sitting back where the backup goalie usually sits or stands, back behind the bench..didn't get up on the normal bench until radulov went down early.. so it was obvious, they were kind of keeping him at a distance as much as possible
Hope Toots starts feeling better soon sounds as if he's really in bad shape and Hat's off to him for playing in that condition. Are all of the former WHLer's are tight? Sounds as if Hammer, Upshall, Tootoo, Weber, Harts, Smithson, and Mason all kinda hang together. Am I missing anybody.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Hope Toots starts feeling better soon sounds as if he's really in bad shape and Hat's off to him for playing in that condition. Are all of the former WHLer's are tight? Sounds as if Hammer, Upshall, Tootoo, Weber, Harts, Smithson, and Mason all kinda hang together. Am I missing anybody.
no doubt all the western canadian guys are buds, but you notice the single guys pack togehter first and foremost of course.. toots, upshall, smithson, weber.. and add in legwand and radulov and that's the main single guy group that they say are inseperable even at home.. hamhuis and harts seem to be off to themselves more this year than last... the married thing tends to do that to a guy

mason's a little older than that crowd of course, and gets along twith all, but you don't notice him or any of the older guys grouped near as tight as the young bunch (logically)