HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The we are over the hump thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2013, 01:02 AM
  #26
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,663
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Kreider Stepan Nash

That's a line I can get behind.
#hockeyporn

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:14 AM
  #27
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Poulliot for Rundblad, Pyatt for late pick, call up Yogan.
Send down Miller. When Richards is bought out next summer, Miller is the 3C. Let him get more seasoning in the minors.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Brass-Zuke
Yogan-Moore-Dorsett
Mash

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:17 AM
  #28
theFiGS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Poulliot for Rundblad, Pyatt for late pick, call up Yogan.
Send down Miller. When Richards is bought out next summer, Miller is the 3C. Let him get more seasoning in the minors.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Boyle-Brass-Zuke
Yogan-Moore-Dorsett
Mash
Pouliot is worth rundblad?

theFiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:27 AM
  #29
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
i wouldnt get my hopes too inflated. the Kreider-Step-Zucc line probably isnt the next FLY line or GAG line but if they are, ill be very thankful. i just dont see them keeping it up. if they cool off, i see us returning back to a modest (but still winning) hockey team who still has trouble scoring goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
because i injected some realism into the thread im automatically whining? c'mon man... that line started of hat and has been playing well, but just like players who have an above average shooting percentage for a season, they cool off and return to the "norm." if how Kreider-Stepan-Zuc are playing is the "norm" ill gladly admit i was wrong. until then im just trying to keep my expectations in check

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:58 AM
  #30
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
Pouliot is worth rundblad?
Rundblad has been scratched multiple times and he is caught in a numbers game down there. With the Rangers, he'd be a PP specialist #7D. They need that RH shot from the point on the PP and Rundblad can provide it.
Poulliot is currently shooting 8.3%, his career avg is 13.2%. He needs top 6 minutes, he won't get them with the Rangers if/when they are healthy.
Offense for Defense, in this case offensive Dman.
That's a good basis for a trade IMO.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:11 AM
  #31
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
i wouldnt get my hopes too inflated. the Kreider-Step-Zucc line probably isnt the next FLY line or GAG line but if they are, ill be very thankful. i just dont see them keeping it up. if they cool off, i see us returning back to a modest (but still winning) hockey team who still has trouble scoring goals.
Maybe my views on the past are warped, but I don't think the FLY line is in the same category as the GAG line.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 03:36 AM
  #32
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Zucarello-Stepan-Kreider
Miller-Brassard-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

Trade Pouliot.

I don't love the idea of dropping Callahan out of the top 6 but if these lines keep clicking then you probably would have to. Ideally I'd drop Hagelin onto that 3rd line with Miller and Brassard but you're not moving Callahan or Nash to the opposite wing at this point.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:48 AM
  #33
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 783
I would try this once healthy.

Kreider-Richards-Nash (go watch Richards in between Neal and Benn in Dallas, and then tell me you don't drool at the prospect of this line. No matter how much it might hurt separating the Streiderello line.
Hagelin-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
D.Moore & Pouliot depth

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Stralman
Del Zotto-Moore
Falk, McIlrath

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:07 AM
  #34
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Stralman
Del Zotto-Moore
Falk, McIlrath
I touched upon this in the GDT, but with the emergence of McDonagh's offensive chops it is truly a waste having him paired with Girardi and having to spend most of his 5v5 time running around in his own end. At least when we have Staal who is just as good defensively.

Pair him with Strålman, who generates ~50% of the Rangers' offensive zone pressure, and very good things should happen. For example: Last night against Florida the Rangers' Fenwick was +19/-8 with Strålman, and +16/-26 without him. And this is how it has been for almost every game.

As it is now the Staal-Strålman pairing sees just as many, if not more, minutes 5v5 than McDonagh-Girardi but against slightly easier competition so it is not as if McDonagh's minutes would be cut.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:42 AM
  #35
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
I don't really think you split up Kreider - Step - Zucc at this point. Kreider seems to be thriving with them two and we need Kreider to thrive...

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
  #36
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I touched upon this in the GDT, but with the emergence of McDonagh's offensive chops it is truly a waste having him paired with Girardi and having to spend most of his 5v5 time running around in his own end. At least when we have Staal who is just as good defensively.

Pair him with Strålman, who generates ~50% of the Rangers' offensive zone pressure, and very good things should happen. For example: Last night against Florida the Rangers' Fenwick was +19/-8 with Strålman, and +16/-26 without him. And this is how it has been for almost every game.

As it is now the Staal-Strålman pairing sees just as many, if not more, minutes 5v5 than McDonagh-Girardi but against slightly easier competition so it is not as if McDonagh's minutes would be cut.
To top it off, Stralman is our only RH PMD. Pair him with a 2 way minute muncher in McDonagh and Stralman's point totals will skyrocket.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:07 AM
  #37
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,467
vCash: 500
In 2 games we could be under again...

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
  #38
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
17 games into the season we finally have a winning record and wouldn't you know it we are only 6 points out of first in the conference. This team is looking good this was a good win that we were supposed to win. We are doing all this without our best player so what happens when he comes back? I see
Hagelin Richards Nash
Kreider stepan zucc
Miller brassard Callahan
Pouliot Boyle dorsett

This could be the deepest we have looked in awhile.
IMO the team is still a work in progress but lots of good things happening for this team

The PP...nuff said
Kreider and Zucc not only contributing but are important parts of the team
D ice time more evenly spread out than under the previous regime...hoping this translates to playoff success

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:20 AM
  #39
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,007
vCash: 500
Awards:
They've done well against a cream puff portion of the schedule. Better tests are coming up with Montreal on the road, the Kings and Boston.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:30 AM
  #40
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,404
vCash: 69
They could lose 2 games and be under .500 again. The season has many ebbs and flows. They've done well to get back into playoff contention. It's November.

More than anything, they're lucky the Metro is absolutely, ****ing, terrible.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:33 AM
  #41
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
It was life and death with the Florida Panthers last night. They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat, and have produced a mediocre record through 17 games. Mediocrity is par for the course.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
  #42
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,007
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
They could lose 2 games and be under .500 again. The season has many ebbs and flows. They've done well to get back into playoff contention. It's November.

More than anything, they're lucky the Metro is absolutely, ****ing, terrible.
Maybe. They're night and day from where they were at the start of the season. I think its too early to look at playoff position. They've feasted on weak teams which is what they should be doing. There are good tests coming up.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
  #43
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
We are on pace for 86 points. I'm as happy as anyone here that the Rangers have been playing well, but there's still a lot of work to do.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
  #44
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,404
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Maybe. They're night and day from where they were at the start of the season. I think its too early to look at playoff position. They've feasted on weak teams which is what they should be doing. There are good tests coming up.
That's pretty much what I meant, the playoffs are a long ways away. They've been looking better, but you're not over the hump until you clinch a playoff spot, (excluding teams like Chicago that are virtually guaranteed to make the playoffs), IMO.

A positive goal differential would be cool, too.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:00 AM
  #45
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
It was life and death with the Florida Panthers last night. They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat, and have produced a mediocre record through 17 games. Mediocrity is par for the course.
Of course you don't notice that they were getting used a new coach and the following players missed significant time:

Nash
Callahan
Hagelin
Kreider (in the AHL)

and Stepan was rounding into shape

Also played the first 9 or so on the road and 11 of the 17 on the road. Played against some of the best teams too (though did lose to some bad teams).

But continue with your "objective" opinion. You clearly have an agenda because you continuously completely ignore obvious factors that make the Rangers look better than you give them credit for and then have a sanctimonious attitude about how you're more objective than other people. It's getting REALLY REALLY old.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
  #46
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
There's an ignore function for a reason.

They haven't had a particularly difficult schedule, but the way they WERE playing, they still would have lost a lot of those game.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:11 AM
  #47
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Of course you don't notice that they were getting used a new coach and the following players missed significant time:

Nash
Callahan
Hagelin
Kreider (in the AHL)

and Stepan was rounding into shape

Also played the first 9 or so on the road and 11 of the 17 on the road. Played against some of the best teams too (though did lose to some bad teams).

But continue with your "objective" opinion. You clearly have an agenda because you continuously completely ignore obvious factors that make the Rangers look better than you give them credit for and then have a sanctimonious attitude about how you're more objective than other people. It's getting REALLY REALLY old.
I am calling them mediocre. You are filled with excuses. Think you better reassess who has an "agenda" here.

You felt compelled to start a thread about how this is the deepest team since the lockout with virtually zero evidence. Do you think you have any credibility whatsoever?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:13 AM
  #48
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
There's an ignore function for a reason.

They haven't had a particularly difficult schedule, but the way they WERE playing, they still would have lost a lot of those game.
Surprised you havent used it on me. Somewhere, deep down inside, Tawnos likes me.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:20 AM
  #49
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Not too long ago, Vigneault said he had a # of games in his head where he would evaluate the roster. I think its quite clear that # was 15 just by what hes been doing with the ice time.

Guys like Pouliot, Miller, and Mashinter are seeing their ice time limited compared to earlier in the year when all forwards were getting 10+ minutes most of the time.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  #50
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I am calling them mediocre. You are filled with excuses. Think you better reassess who has an "agenda" here.

You felt compelled to start a thread about how this is the deepest team since the lockout with virtually zero evidence. Do you think you have any credibility whatsoever?
I'm filled with excuses? This is a completely different team than it was early in the season. You completely ignore some of our best players not playing and learning a new system, and all you have is that I'm filled with excuses. What evidence? The thread was on paper. What evidence do I need? It was also projections, that's what this board is about. I have no credibility, yet every ****ing post of yours completely ignores anything positive to further your "I'm a miserable Rangers fan and I love it" agenda. Someone who completely ignores one side of the story has zero credibility.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.