HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers at New York Rangers 11/10/2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2013, 05:52 AM
  #151
Cake or Death
.
 
Cake or Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Hit happens at :04, and Sam doesn't mention it until :12, after Micheletti, the ****ing color guy, has to interject and do Sam's job for him. That is not how you call any sporting event. Period.
This is seriously bothering you this much? I watch game feeds in other languages and it has pretty much zero bearing on the game. Unless you started watching hockey 3 seconds ago or totally don't understand the sport, I would think the live coverage and 1200 replays should do the trick.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  #152
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I can't believe there is actually an arguement over how it took Sam a whopping 8 seconds to call out a bench hit and how that's apperently unacceptable.

Moving on from that del zaster..(get it? ahh terrible word play....)

Can someone explain to me what the hell boyle was doing with stepan and kreider?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:03 AM
  #153
Aufheben
Moderator
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 11,305
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Watching that tic tac toe on the first goal was just something else. McDonagh's toe drag had me all tingly inside.

Great game to be at even if it got a little ugly at times
Ah, the McDonagh Tingle; It's the little things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
We score opening goal that looks like 80s Oilers. NYR take bad PP late in first. Hank makes two ridiculous save, third shot squeaks by him, Fla ties game. I make home made peanut butter cups between periods. Excellent decision. Fla goes up 2-1 midway thru 2nd, Dorsett wills a goal shortly thereafter, period ends 2-2. I eat more peanut butter cups between periods. Richards puts a gorgeous shot in early in the third, making up for him missing the entire net earlier from 2 feet away. NYR get a PP moments later, MZA buries a nice shot. PP looks very good. Gf calls and FL scores to bring the game to 4-3. I tell gf she is bad luck and get off phone. Rangers win 4-3. Upshall sexually assaulted twice and shopping for an engagement ring since two Rangers made him their *****.
Thanks bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Thanks o31o. Nice and succinct.

Can you guys/gals say...above .500!?



Last edited by Aufheben: 11-11-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:05 AM
  #154
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Sam needs new glasses. He gets Staal,Richards and Miller confused. Sammy can make out the 1 but gets confused with the second number. Is it an 8,9 or 0?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
  #155
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Still need to fix the defensive lapses. Otherwise, pretty good.
And the compete level...large portions of the game where they didn't match the effort the Panthers were coming with, if not for Hank and the Panthers poor shooting (a lot of good looks shot wide), this is a different PGT. A game against one of the worst teams in the league on their 2nd night of a back to back shouldn't have been as difficult as it was if they played the entire game.

Remember our opponent on Tuesday will be playing like it's the SC Finals, effort needs to be better.

I'll take the 2 points.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:14 AM
  #156
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Kreider doesn't know how strong he is and he shoved Upshall. Brooks wrote Upshall was "defenseless". Please.

Is Brooksie getting soft in his old age?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:16 AM
  #157
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
And the compete level...large portions of the game where they didn't match the effort the Panthers were coming with, if not for Hank and the Panthers poor shooting (a lot of good looks shot wide), this is a different PGT. A game against one of the worst teams in the league on their 2nd night of a back to back shouldn't have been as difficult as it was if they played the entire game.

Remember our opponent on Tuesday will be playing like it's the SC Finals, effort needs to be better.

I'll take the 2 points.
They completely dominated the Panthers in the third period for ~12 minutes, hardly allowing them a shot on goal, and then suddenly they let them get back into the game (even before the game). It nearly cost a two goal lead against one of the worst teams in the league on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, and it will cost against stronger opponents. That was totally unacceptable.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:31 AM
  #158
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Didn't see the game but according to boxscore, Kreider was not a regular on PP with his usual linemates. True?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:34 AM
  #159
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Like a bawse


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tvIi5jK52s

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:43 AM
  #160
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
They completely dominated the Panthers in the third period for ~12 minutes, hardly allowing them a shot on goal, and then suddenly they let them get back into the game (even before the game). It nearly cost a two goal lead against one of the worst teams in the league on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, and it will cost against stronger opponents. That was totally unacceptable.
The Rangers are taking advantage of a soft schedule. Beginning on November 30,the Rangers will play 12 games before the Christmas break. One of them will be a road game and its against Buffalo. They aren't playing many tough teams in those home games.

Vancouver,Winnipeg,Jersey,Caps,Nashville,Columbus, Calgary,Pittsburgh,Islanders,Minnesota and Toronto. They have Jersey tomorrow. Montreal on Saturday. LA and Boston at home next week. Road trip to Dallas,Nashville,TB,Florida and Boston(Black Friday).Then begins the home games before Christmas break.

The Rangers aren't a great team. The conference stinks. The Rangers can put themselves in a nice spot by taking advantage of their schedule in the next 6 weeks.

What stronger opponents? They're all in the west.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:47 AM
  #161
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers are taking advantage of a soft schedule. Beginning on November 30,the Rangers will play 12 games before the Christmas break. One of them will be a road game and its against Buffalo. They aren't playing many tough teams in those home games.

Vancouver,Winnipeg,Jersey,Caps,Nashville,Columbus, Calgary,Pittsburgh,Islanders,Minnesota and Toronto. They have Jersey tomorrow. Montreal on Saturday. LA and Boston at home next week. Road trip to Dallas,Nashville,TB,Florida and Boston(Black Friday).Then begins the home games before Christmas break.

The Rangers aren't a great team. The conference stinks. The Rangers can put themselves in a nice spot by taking advantage of their schedule in the next 6 weeks.

What stronger opponents? They're all in the west.
I'd say the next 9 games are a pretty tough schedule. NJ always plays hard against us, MTL is pretty much an automatic loss. They can't let a team on an eight game losing streak, 2nd night of back-to-back come back like they did yesterday. If we stay above .500 during the next nine, then indeed we can profit from a pretty soft schedule.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  #162
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,415
vCash: 500
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 9h

Richards on #NYR PP: "It feels like a power play, it didn’t feel much like a power play last year. We have a purpose out there."

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:27 AM
  #163
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 9h

Richards on #NYR PP: "It feels like a power play, it didn’t feel much like a power play last year. We have a purpose out there."
Well it certainly looks like one. It's about damn time, too.

__________________
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:32 AM
  #164
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I'd say the next 9 games are a pretty tough schedule. NJ always plays hard against us, MTL is pretty much an automatic loss. They can't let a team on an eight game losing streak, 2nd night of back-to-back come back like they did yesterday. If we stay above .500 during the next nine, then indeed we can profit from a pretty soft schedule.
It happens. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time and most of the bad teams in the NHL can still be pretty skilled and dangerous. Buffalo beat San Jose recently (though San Jose is in a slump, the fact still remains that the worst team in the league beat one of the supposed contenders of the west)

Teams don't just roll over because their bad and with an 82 game schedule no team in the league is going to play perfectly up to their potential every night

That's all to say, complaining because the Rangers won the game 4-3 instead of 4-2 and acting like it's a horrible thing that they didn't crush Florida is silly

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:34 AM
  #165
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Location: Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
Having McD on the PP seems to be working out really well. (wish Torts would have used him more instead of Del Zaster)

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:57 AM
  #166
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Well it certainly looks like one. It's about damn time, too.
the rest of Beavers quote about the PP

“We practice it every day,” said the alternate captain, who laid out the feed Zuccarello converted. “Everybody communicates at practice. Everybody on the unit has a voice in it.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 07:59 AM
  #167
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It happens. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time and most of the bad teams in the NHL can still be pretty skilled and dangerous. Buffalo beat San Jose recently (though San Jose is in a slump, the fact still remains that the worst team in the league beat one of the supposed contenders of the west)

Teams don't just roll over because their bad and with an 82 game schedule no team in the league is going to play perfectly up to their potential every night

That's all to say, complaining because the Rangers won the game 4-3 instead of 4-2 and acting like it's a horrible thing that they didn't crush Florida is silly
Losing to a bad team or having a close game against a bad team isn't the issue that people are complaining about, this team has some bad habits regarding effort...and it showed up again last night.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:15 AM
  #168
gravy121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
the rest of Beavers quote about the PP

“We practice it every day,” said the alternate captain, who laid out the feed Zuccarello converted. “Everybody communicates at practice. Everybody on the unit has a voice in it.


Anyone else see that as Callahan's goal? Looked to me he tipped Zuccarello's shot to get it between Thomas' blocker/arm/body.
Surprised they didn't change it

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 08:51 AM
  #169
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,115
vCash: 500
Sam is horrible these days, mixing up players all the time, getting confused by what's actually happening (thinking a whistle is for an offside when it's really for a penalty). I'd be okay with him retiring because he's been a distraction lately.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:01 AM
  #170
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
This clip didnt show it but later on the showed Upshall talking on the bench. He was like "That hit was ****ing vicious. I never even saw him, He hit me ****ing hard"

I personally loved the hit just not the timing. SHows Kreids is engaged now, thats the edge I want to see from him. Thats the Kesler lite that Im hoping he turns into.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:09 AM
  #171
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
People who complain after a win are unhappy and hard to please.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:11 AM
  #172
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,692
vCash: 500
Glad they pulled out the win but as others have mentioned, the effort was inconsistent and their play in their own end was borderline disastrous. Hank was giving the team death glares in the 2nd and rightfully so.

The Rangers have to be much better at protecting the puck. Multiple times in the game our defensemen and forwards were being pressured and they gave up the puck without a fight. They will definitely need to amp up the compete level against the Devils.

It's refreshing that the PP is clicking so well. Now if our PK was lights out like it was a few years ago, we could be real solid on special teams.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
  #173
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Sam didn't even acknowledge it. Think it's time to seriously re-evaluate whether having a Civil War-era man doing the play-by-play is a good idea.
Many of you are fortuitous enough to have an MSG broadcast every game. Every year up until this year I have had Center Ice and have had to suffer through many opposing teams broadcasts. Let me tell you this, if you saw as many awful PBP announcers as I have, you would be thankful to still have Sam.

Out of the Flyers, Pens, Devils and Islanders, Howie is the only decent one. From Washington, Joe Bennanati will make your ears bleed. Rick Jeanerette may give you a stroke. Boston's PBP will put you to sleep. Don't even get me started on the Western conference.

__________________
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
  #174
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
This clip didnt show it but later on the showed Upshall talking on the bench. He was like "That hit was ****ing vicious. I never even saw him, He hit me ****ing hard"

I personally loved the hit just not the timing. SHows Kreids is engaged now, thats the edge I want to see from him. Thats the Kesler lite that Im hoping he turns into.
Take away the timing (which was obviously bad), I liked the hit in that it showed Kreider being assertive. I would have been fine with the hit anywhere else on the ice (i.e. anywhere with boards and glass), but I was not okay that the hit was done right in front of the bench where Upshall could have broken his neck. That part (on top of the timing) was reckless from Kreider. Clearly the hit wasn't malicious, and was more of a "doesn't know his own strength" kind of thing...but no excuses, he has to be more careful.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:36 AM
  #175
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
Many of you are fortuitous enough to have an MSG broadcast every game. Every year up until this year I have had Center Ice and have had to suffer through many opposing teams broadcasts. Let me tell you this, if you saw as many awful PBP announcers as I have, you would be thankful to still have Sam.

Out of the Flyers, Pens, Devils and Islanders, Howie is the only decent one. From Washington, Joe Bennanati will make your ears bleed. Rick Jeanerette may give you a stroke. Boston's PBP will put you to sleep. Don't even get me started on the Western conference.
This a poor argument for not bettering something if the means are there to do so. Should you decline a better career because there are people in the world who are jobless? Would you tell the person offering you the new job no thanks I should be happy with what I have? Should you only eat ramen even though you can afford lobster, since there are people out there eating bugs?

Just because Sam is tolerable (key word here) in comparison to many of the other PBP guys in the league doesn't releive him of critcism or being replaced potentially. I think at this point MSG can do better. Like it or not people need to start accepting the Sam Rosen era will likey be over before too long.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.