HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He barely shoved Upshall. You can see it in Stepans response to it. Either Kreider is The Hulk or Upshall sold that.

I'd rather the team stick up for eachother like that than see no fire from them whatsoever. Maybe not the time for it, but this team lacks that type of play.
You're being a homer. Kreider is a big strong kid who was skating at a high rate of speed when he delivered the push, all while Upshall was just a few feet from the boards.

I don't mind how dangerous it was really -- I care more about how stupid it was considering the point in the game.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You're being a homer. Kreider is a big strong kid who was skating at a high rate of speed when he delivered the push, all while Upshall was just a few feet from the boards.

I don't mind how dangerous it was really -- I care more about how stupid it was considering the point in the game.
You know, as stupid of a penalty as it was to take in game context, in a season/team-building context, I think it's a good thing.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:43 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff's feedback to Kreider is "we love everything you're doing - don't change a thing, OTHER than to be aware of timing and game situation."

I don't want his newfound confidence or aggressiveness to be tamped down one iota.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
You know, as stupid of a penalty as it was to take in game context, in a season/team-building context, I think it's a good thing.
In hindsight, maybe. But only because Florida didnt tie up that game.

What was happening with Stepan wasnt a big deal. They were sort of jostling on the way to the bench. Seemed like an overreaction to me considering what else has gone on this season. But hey, gotta start somewhere I guess.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
In hindsight, maybe. But only because Florida didnt tie up that game.

What was happening with Stepan wasnt a big deal. They were sort of jostling on the way to the bench. Seemed like an overreaction to me considering what else has gone on this season. But hey, gotta start somewhere I guess.
I'm not saying that as a hindsight thing. Even if Florida ties it up, they still go into OT and potentially win. The longer term positive feeling that comes from guys sticking up for each other would be worth sacrificing the point. Maybe the Stepan situation wasn't that big of a deal, but the point is that they don't take crap from anyone.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

He's a big strong kid, but he barely extended his arms...

I understand that it wasn't the best point in the game to do that but I would rather see that and then try to pull him back slightly then see nothing at all...

Old
11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I like to see Kreider imposing himself on the other team, but that was dangerous and a bit of a cheap shot, IMO. Wrong place for it as well. Get in the guy's face. Upshall is a punk and will back down. Message sent.

That being said, I don't want Kreider to come out gun shy about being physical. It's what is going to make him a force on the ice.

Old
eco's bones

Brooks overstates it when he say Kreider hit Upshall with full force. He glided into Upshall. He could have hit him a lot, lot harder. Don't really see that as suspendable. Considering Tyutin's hit the other night on Pyatt it was a lot less than that. Kreider deserved being penalized--it was bad timing and fortunately we were able to kill the penalty off.

Chris might want to think about boxing lessons or at least take Dorsett or Mashinter aside and learn a few things on how to defend himself. Sooner or later he's going to be called upon to do that.

Old
Green Blob*

If he gets a game suspension for that then something is wrong with the NHL. Especially with Tyutin getting nothing last game.

Fine him at most but that was NOT suspension worthy.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He's a big strong kid, but he barely extended his arms...

I understand that it wasn't the best point in the game to do that but I would rather see that and then try to pull him back slightly then see nothing at all...
In that situation, I'd much much rather see nothing at all

Old
11-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

If Kreider gets one game they need to have to explain the rules about suspensions to me again.. Tyutin got 0 games and that hit was way worse, target the head....

Old
11-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
If he gets a game suspension for that then something is wrong with the NHL. Especially with Tyutin getting nothing last game.

Fine him at most but that was NOT suspension worthy.
finally someone who agrees with me but how would Kreider get a fine and Tyutin get 0. Kreider should not be punished for what he did. the penalty was good enough.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:

Agree, it was a big, mailicious hit and I loved it. In a tie game it would have been exponentially dumber; then you risk getting no points. We as a team do not play dirty enough. You need some of that to protect your goalie and to have respect around the league.

If they score, we go to OT and compete for the extra point. I would give up a point if the Rangers starting sticking up for each other on a regular basis. Great to see CK having the confidence to do what a big guy should do in that spot; hammer the **** out of Upshall.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:19 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

Would have to see a replay again, but from what I remember last night it looked like he was gliding when he hit Upshall, and because Upshall's attention was focused on Step he never saw Kreider which is probably why he went down like a sack of potato's.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:20 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
If Kreider gets one game they need to have to explain the rules about suspensions to me again.. Tyutin got 0 games and that hit was way worse, target the head....
It's the wheel of justice

Old
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
That's part of the problem is the wild inconsistency.

11-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Ail
k.

In a way I loved it. It was definitely dangerous considering where Upshall was in proxomity to the bench. Had he whacked his head off the boards it could have been ugly. It was also a dumb penalty to take considering the score and game time. However if it gets the ball rolling for some team bonding and sticking up for each other, so be it.

rip
Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Agree, it was a big, mailicious hit and I loved it. In a tie game it would have been exponentially dumber; then you risk getting no points. We as a team do not play dirty enough. You need some of that to protect your goalie and to have respect around the league.

If they score, we go to OT and compete for the extra point. I would give up a point if the Rangers starting sticking up for each other on a regular basis. Great to see CK having the confidence to do what a big guy should do in that spot; hammer the **** out of Upshall.
Like I said, dont have a problem with playing tough.

I wouldve liked that to come in the 1st period and not the final minute of a 1 goal game. There is a time and a place for everything, even toughness

Old
NYRKindms

The hit on upshall was dangerous. He hit his head on the dasher similar to Sauer but his helmet stayed on.

If it was one of our guys we would be screaming for disciplinary action. Luckily Upshall was OK but that could have been really really bad

Glad he took it upon himself to stick up for Stepan tho. He has been getting hit high and targetted by other teams.

Krieder just needs to pick his spots better.

I think considering no one got seriously hurt a fine would appropriate but i doubt anything comes of it.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Like I said, dont have a problem with playing tough.

I wouldve liked that to come in the 1st period and not the final minute of a 1 goal game. There is a time and a place for everything, even toughness
sure, but the joust didn't take place earlier in the game. His protective instincts kicked in, we killed the penalty without a shot; all good.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Some people are never happy regarding Kreider. He engages physically after people question him for not using his size. He hits a guy who was in a battle with a teammate. Maybe it was a borderline hit. That's good. Have him playing on the edge. He shouldn't play like a lamb. The Rangers have turned the cheek too many times in their history. I can't wait until McIlrath is ready.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Some people are never happy regarding Kreider. He engages physically after people question him for not using his size. He hits a guy who was in a battle with a teammate. Maybe it was a borderline hit. That's good. Have him playing on the edge. He shouldn't play like a lamb. The Rangers have turned the cheek too many times in their history. I can't wait until McIlrath is ready.
It was an incredibly dumb time to do it, and I dont care who it was that delivered that hit, I'd be saying the same thing.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What's wrong with this guy? From: @NYP_Brooksie
Sent: Nov 11, 2013 10:30a

As of now, nothing scheduled regarding NHL supplementary discipline hearing for Kreider re hit on Upshall.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/stat...22133511311362

Old
11-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Would have to see a replay again, but from what I remember last night it looked like he was gliding when he hit Upshall, and because Upshall's attention was focused on Step he never saw Kreider which is probably why he went down like a sack of potato's.
Yeah he was gliding to the bench. Not a "high rate of speed" in the least. He glided to Upshall and shoved him, the same kind of stuff that happens all the damn time during a game.

This time Upshall wasn't expecting it and fell awkwardly. It wasn't a "smart" play and it wasn't horribly terrible either. Making a big deal out of it is silly

Old
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tortorella didn't think Kreider was very good defensively and didn't use his size. He would have liked the 2 plays last night.

Closed Thread