HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any player currently in the NHL you would trade Toews for?

Old
11-11-2013, 12:13 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Well yea, saying we'd need to fit them under the cap is one thing. Saying you wouldn't make the trade in capless world is another thing entirely.

Sharp - Crosby - Hossa
Saad - Malkin - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Morin
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

It's what we've got now only we've upgraded at #1C and I think Malkin is probably better than Brandon Pirri.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Hawksfan2828

Don't get me wrong - if the Hawks weren't the successful team they are today I would do the trade but that is just not the case and is not reality. Quite frankly I think some of you younger Hawks Fans take this team for granted and actually believe it can get a lot better than it actually is when that isn't even remotely the case....

This Hawks team is one of those (certainly has the potential to be) Islanders, Oilers and Wing teams/franchises we have only seen over the past 33 years.... Under the cap they have themselves in a position and a future planned out and keep the core (true core intact) while keeping the team successful for the next 5-6 years (or better)...

Such a disruption and minimal play with Crosby, not to mention the limited amount of games before he gets knocked silly, just makes no sense...

Crosby is Lindros and Toews is Yzerman or Trottier.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 12:24 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

You keep making two different arguments. One that is somewhat defendable and one that is completely laughable. Stick to one and I'll debate it.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You keep making two different arguments. One that is somewhat defendable and one that is completely laughable. Stick to one and I'll debate it.
Your opinion I suppose, but there are more reasons than I just state to not trade Toews...

The "laughable argument" is trading Toews or even considering it...

Value is one thing but value to a team is another.... Let's not confuse that with fan favorites either - Toews is beyond a "fan favorite."

Old
11-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
and I think Malkin is probably better than Brandon Pirri.
?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
Don't get me wrong - if the Hawks weren't the successful team they are today I would do the trade but that is just not the case and is not reality. Quite frankly I think some of you younger Hawks Fans take this team for granted and actually believe it can get a lot better than it actually is when that isn't even remotely the case....

This Hawks team is one of those (certainly has the potential to be) Islanders, Oilers and Wing teams/franchises we have only seen over the past 33 years.... Under the cap they have themselves in a position and a future planned out and keep the core (true core intact) while keeping the team successful for the next 5-6 years (or better)...

Such a disruption and minimal play with Crosby, not to mention the limited amount of games before he gets knocked silly, just makes no sense...

Crosby is Lindros and Toews is Yzerman or Trottier.
Toews has had as many concussions as Crosby has.

Anyone saying they wouldn't trade Toews for Crosby is out to lunch, let alone someone who wouldn't trade Toews for Crosby AND Malkin. Even in a cap world I would do that. And Toews is my favourite player, ever.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Salvaged Ship

Toews has missed some time with concussions, Crosby has missed entire seasons. He seems to be more of a risk.

I guess I am out to lunch, because we are winning cups with Jonny and I wouldn't risk it to get what amounts to a better point getter. Jonny has Crosby in every other area in my mind. Ask yourself this, would we have won more cups with Sid instead of Jon to this point? Do you think we would win more from this point forward swapping the two? My personal feeling is no to both, but why take the risk? There is no way Pittsburgh would do the trade and no way the Hawks would do it. The players are suited for the teams they are on, and with the success we have had with Jonny I personally wouldn't trade him for any one player. If it was for Crosby and Malkin that is different.

Salvaged Ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:39 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Cap hit is the reality. If I have a fantasy team, Im taking Crosby without thinking twice. In the real world, Im not trading Toews for anyone. Rather have the four horsemen of the apocalypse than a two headed dragon.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Salvaged Ship

Yeah, Crosby is a fantasy team dream

Salvaged Ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
?
Slightly

Old
11-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Toews has had as many concussions as Crosby has.

Anyone saying they wouldn't trade Toews for Crosby is out to lunch, let alone someone who wouldn't trade Toews for Crosby AND Malkin. Even in a cap world I would do that. And Toews is my favourite player, ever.
No Toews has not had as many "concussions as Crosby" - not to mention Crosby is one good hit away from absolute retirement....

Crosby will have a career similar to Lindros (as far as injuries or concussions)....

Lindros couldn't skate with his head up and Crosby just abuses his body when he plays....

Both were/are elite "generational talents" but both were not the smartest guys in the the book either...

Toews is a guy that can play 20 years effectively weather it's first line now or playing 3rd line (while teaching other players skills) 10-15 years from now.

The only time you will see Toews do something as stupid as Crosby physically is if its to win the Cup...

That's another reason why you don't trade Toews for Crosby...

Old
11-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Cap hit is the reality. If I have a fantasy team, Im taking Crosby without thinking twice. In the real world, Im not trading Toews for anyone. Rather have the four horsemen of the apocalypse than a two headed dragon.
If it matters I don't even Have Toews on my fantasy team (in my league).... If his intangibles translated into points I would have him all day.

I can put him on my roster any the beginning of every week tho, but the cap space he takes up just doesn't amount to the value I'm getting out of other players I would have to drop to fit him into my roster.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42 View Post
Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares I would take over Toews.

The premise of this thread - that Toews is the best player in the world - is just, well, not right.
It is not who is best. It is who we would trade for. Winning cups with Toews works best for us.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 01:58 PM
monochrome

A guaranteed continuously healthy Crosby. And thats about it. But I would never do that, as it seems like many of you are forgetting about chemistry and fan loyalty. Unless he starts you know whatting himself, hes a great player and has been at the helm of two cup winning teams for us. No use in trading him.

monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote