HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League 2013/14 Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 02:19 AM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Nation View Post
Have you watched any games or look at any team defense stats? We are higher than the Kings in almost every single defensive stat other than faceoff % if you want to count that and we are missing our top pairing defensivemen for every single game so far. You do realize the Kings have one more regulation win than shootout wins this season?
This is at least the third time this season that a ducks fan has come onto our board and made the assumption that we are comparing the ducks to the Kings when we say something "bad" about their team. That is insecurity at it's finest.

Old
11-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Richie10

Lol @ the Duck fan.

Come and gloat when the Ducks actually do something post April. Judging Bodreau's playoff record, that should happen any time now!

Old
11-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
That would require Minnesota to miss, which may or may not happen. There will likely be one if not two really good teams from the west missing this year.
Minny will get in. Phx isn't as good as their curent record indicates. The West has 7 real powerhouse teams in terms of 5 on 5 play. Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Blues, Wild, Hawks and Avs. So sick how stacked the West is when you consider that Pittsburgh is the only eastern team really competing with those teams 5 on 5. And teams like Nashville and Vancouver are better than all but probably Boston and Pittsburgh from the east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
why is this duck fan in our forum anyway?
I've never seen a fan so obsessed with another team . Must be jealousy or something, since i never ever even open the Ducks thread, because you know, I don't care at all about the Ducks and am not a Ducks fan. So i guess it must be the opposite for him

Old
11-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
why is this duck fan in our forum anyway?
Do you blame him? I wouldn't want to hang out on their boards either.

Old
11-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Have you watched any games or look at any team defense stats? We are higher than the Kings in almost every single defensive stat other than faceoff % if you want to count that and we are missing our top pairing defensivemen for every single game so far. You do realize the Kings have one more regulation win than shootout wins this season?
Grats on beating up on the weak ass east coast teams and teams playing on the 2nd night of a back to back. Whatever makes you feel better about your team bud.

No one here is going to disagree that the ducks are a good team, just not as good as you'd like to think they are. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go out in the 1st round, yet again, regardless of how "good" you think your blue line is.

Old
11-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Your obsession with the Kings is unhealthy and borderline stalkerish.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:01 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Who are you trying to convince?

Old
11-11-2013, 07:11 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
This is at least the third time this season that a ducks fan has come onto our board and made the assumption that we are comparing the ducks to the Kings when we say something "bad" about their team. That is insecurity at it's finest.
It's like they have some sort of duck alarm that goes off every time someone says something about their team.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Ollie Weeks

Why does this knob discount our OT wins every time he trumpets that stat?

Old
11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Why does this knob discount our OT wins every time he trumpets that stat?
for the same reason Kings fans did last year when the D*cks had a bunch of them. who cares....it's all about W's in the playoffs

Old
11-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Wow...there are a LOT of Ducks fans lurking and discussing (not discussing--talking ****) what happens on our board obsessive much?

It's so weird that you would go to an opposing teams board and, you know, read a lot about that team!

So relatedly, Pacific is nuts. We're just going to beat each other up all year long. As always, I know, but with the new playoff format, it makes it a little bit more painful (limited wildcard spots, etc.).

Old
11-11-2013, 11:17 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Changing over to another team...

Remember when Oilers fans were saying Dubnyk was a good starter? He was SO underrated? Better than most goalies in the league? Go look at their board now.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Changing over to another team...

Remember when Oilers fans were saying Dubnyk was a good starter? He was SO underrated? Better than most goalies in the league? Go look at their board now.
looks like they possibly should have pursued Bernier now in hindsight, although with that awful defense JB would have been challenged to produce also.

i still think TOR got a steal for Bernie

Old
11-11-2013, 11:35 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
for the same reason Kings fans did last year when the D*cks had a bunch of them. who cares....it's all about W's in the playoffs
I really want the Kings to play the Ducks in a playoff series. They are tailor made for playoff-Kings hockey.

Old
11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
looks like they possibly should have pursued Bernier now in hindsight, although with that awful defense JB would have been challenged to produce also.

i still think TOR got a steal for Bernie
Dean likely wanted no part of Bernier in the west, which is smart as he's on his way to being a top 10 goalie in the league. I've been pretty critical of the Oilers as of late. I feel bad for their fans. I honestly do. Loyal fans deserve better than a revolving door of **** at the helm, an owner who can't get a new arena (did they finally actually get a deal done or what?), and a team who has no care in the world to play defense in a conference that stresses it.

Speaking of future top 10 goalies, Robin Lehner will be the best goalie in the world soon enough. Holy **** that kid is unreal. Been a fan since he was drafted as the Sens are a team I follow nearly as closely as the Kings and wow has he been good lately.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Dean likely wanted no part of Bernier in the west, which is smart as he's on his way to being a top 10 goalie in the league. I've been pretty critical of the Oilers as of late. I feel bad for their fans. I honestly do. Loyal fans deserve better than a revolving door of **** at the helm, an owner who can't get a new arena (did they finally actually get a deal done or what?), and a team who has no care in the world to play defense in a conference that stresses it.

Speaking of future top 10 goalies, Robin Lehner will be the best goalie in the world soon enough. Holy **** that kid is unreal. Been a fan since he was drafted as the Sens are a team I follow nearly as closely as the Kings and wow has he been good lately.
This is what I was thinking. I can't imagine DL wanted to face Bernie over and over every year unless the offer was unimaginably great.

I do feel for Oil fans. And their players really. So much talent, such little direction.

Old
11-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

i hear you and i agree. Dean likely wasn't going to trade him to any team west of DET, unless the package was excellent. my question/jab was more at the EDM fans on here that didn't think JB was worth anything and that Dubnyk was 'the guy'.

tough being a Oilers fan these days......and many before. i'm a Vikings and Kings fan, so i know their pain. until 2012 it was a lifetime of disappointment.

the EDM situation is an example of why the Premier League sets a great precedent that i wouldn't mind here. ****** teams go down. the good teams stay up. perennial cellar dwellers are bs. if it was a regular business they would go bankrupt and die.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Stamkos is done for a while.

Look away if you are squeamish

11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Do they wear shin guards?

Old
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
Stamkos is done for a while.

Look away if you are squeamish

What am I missing? It doesn't look that bad...

Old
11-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Bleh, there goes my fantasy in one fell swoop >.< Traded everything for Stamkos. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, that is a nasty injury. He's going to be out for some time...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
reset
Puck Luck

Quote:
Who cares? Go pump yourself up elsewhere.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
KingsFan7824

First time watching, I figured his left leg was the one that was going to be injured. Then his right leg comes out of nowhere. The post must have caught him at the worst possible spot on his leg. Probably looks worse at normal speed.

Game of inches. Sucks.

Old
11-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Yeowch

What's the exact injury?

Old
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
ElKingsFan92

I feel gutted for Lightning fans. It brings back terrible memories of Kopi's leg injury a few years ago.

Closed Thread