HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Oilers Positivity Thread!

Old
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoto86 View Post
Columbus Blue Jackets were 4-12-2 before they made a huge turnaround in a shorten season.

Bobrovsky = Failed experiment in Philly = Wins Vezina in Columbus

Bryzgalov = Failed experiment in Philly = Win Vezina in Edmonton?

Our biggest holes are goaltending and Defence. Basically I hope that our Defensive woes are filled by Nurse and Klefbom. Then our goaltending by Bryz.

Would be great to see him have a solid year here. Sign him to a longerterm deal.... next year. I know, always next year, we flourish.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 02:58 PM
tiger_80

The biggest positive is that MacT and the rest of the management have exposed themselves in their utter and complete incompetence. Hopefully, Katz says enough sooner rather than later.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post

Our biggest holes are goaltending and Defence. Basically I hope that our Defensive woes are filled by Nurse and Klefbom. Then our goaltending by Bryz.

Would be great to see him have a solid year here. Sign him to a longerterm deal.... next year. I know, always next year, we flourish.
Another area of weakness with the team is the lack of size up front, but the Oilers have a plethora of young players coming up through the system who bring size and physicality in their games. Chase is a feisty agitator, something also sorely missing from this team, but Pitlick, Khaira, Moroz, Zharkov, McCarron, and Yakimov bring size and physical play. Adding some of these players along with Nurse and Klefbom next year and/or the year after will go a long way to stabilizing this team for the future, putting them on a fairly solid trajectory for years to come.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 04:47 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Another area of weakness with the team is the lack of size up front, but the Oilers have a plethora of young players coming up through the system who bring size and physicality in their games. Chase is a feisty agitator, something also sorely missing from this team, but Pitlick, Khaira, Moroz, Zharkov, McCarron, and Yakimov bring size and physical play. Adding some of these players along with Nurse and Klefbom next year and/or the year after will go a long way to stabilizing this team for the future, putting them on a fairly solid trajectory for years to come.
With the oilers struggling one thing that seems almost certain is Hemsky being traded. I hope they get a big winger back.

I know every one is ticked of, but, when it is said and done I just hope we plug a lot of holes this year and are ready to compete next year.

Next years D I could see being

Ference-J Schultz
Klefbom-Petry
Nurse-UFA.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
With the oilers struggling one thing that seems almost certain is Hemsky being traded. I hope they get a big winger back.

I know every one is ticked of, but, when it is said and done I just hope we plug a lot of holes this year and are ready to compete next year.

Next years D I could see being

Ference-J Schultz
Klefbom-Petry
Nurse-UFA.
With that as out top pair (barring astronomical improvement in JSchultz's game) going into next season, we'll be grabbing McDavid for sure.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 06:02 PM
PavelDatsyuk

vCash: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
With that as out top pair (barring astronomical improvement in JSchultz's game) going into next season, we'll be grabbing McDavid for sure.
Add in two more rookie dmen to round out your top 6 and you have this year's Buffalo Sabres dcore right there

PavelDatsyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Master Lok

On the positive side, I thought the Oilers played a decent game against Dallas. Excluding the empty nets, the game was mostly a 1-0 game.

The first period, they generated a ton of chances but wilted in the second.

Dubnyk had a very strong game. It may be that even signing Bryzgalov as a challenge to his starting position helped his focus.

Arcobello was once again working hard, hitting, etc. The Oilers penalty killing was acceptable.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote