HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Edm

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2013, 03:20 AM
spOiler

vCash: 500
Yak is learning slowly played a simple game tonight got a goal and wasnt a defensive liability I think hes gonna figure it out by the end of the season.
He will be worth more in a year.

Old
11-11-2013, 03:49 AM
kidchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
MON fans have to admit that Ellers started off hot but has not registered a point in 5 games. I am not saying he is a bad player I am just saying that he has been in a slump as well.
3 point night

Old
11-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
I don't see much of a flight risk. He entered the league at 18 and will make loads of money sooner than later. He wants to play in the best league in the world.

Maybe not by you, but Russians are stigmatised in the NHL, especially in good old Canada. I love Russia too, and I believe the Russian players that come over here are the cream of the crop. It has been said, the risk of a Russian going back to Russia is less than 5%. It's a very managable risk. Especially with Yak, who established a good relationship with Galchenyuk Sr and Jr, and with Larionov. Yak on the Habs would provide us with a Maurice Richard type of player. The guy has character and is demonized by old school hockey farts just like Subban is, because he is different. Meanwhile, Edmonton is so spoiled with 1st overall picks... the story would be different on another team. Yakupov would be the most lethal scoring threat on the Habs since Lafleur...

If we can get him for a package, ante up and jump on it !
Think I just threw up in my mouth reading that

Yak is closer to a Gilbert Dionne type of player than the Rocket

Old
11-11-2013, 07:20 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post

You're comparing a 4th rounder with the best talent available ? Let me throw up in yours.

Old
11-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
You're comparing a 4th rounder with the best talent available ? Let me throw up in yours.
Seriously WTF does draft position have to do with anything? It's like the losers I interview who brag about their perfect GPA but can't tie their f***n shoelaces in the real world

Means SFA the day you walk off the stage

And if you read carefully I said closer to Dionne than the Rocket - he's not Gilbert but he's lightyears from a legend like the Rocket

Old
11-11-2013, 08:37 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Just stop with these Yakupov proposals they are all ridiculous and make no sense whatsoever from the Oilers stand point. They have to be patient with him and see him grow into a solid top player.
im sure Yak will develop into a great player.......in the KHL

Old
11-11-2013, 09:14 AM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post

Really.The rocket would be one of the futhers players you could use to compare Yak : to. Some really don't know hockey.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Macslow*

Terrible proposal, Edmonton isn't giving away Yaks. Just stop.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:24 AM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
Terrible proposal, Edmonton isn't giving away Yaks. Just stop.

Keep him .The Habs are not going to overpay for him.Take the Leafs deal of Reimer and Gardiner and run.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Keep him .The Habs are not going to overpay for him.Take the Leafs deal of Reimer and Gardiner and run.
You act like the Oilers are trying desperately to trade him or something. We will keep Yakupov and develop him instead of trading him for scraps, thanks.

Old
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
jacks

Quote:
You act like the Oilers are trying desperately to trade him or something. We will keep Yakupov and develop him instead of trading him for scraps, thanks.
Good luck with that.You guys seem to be a fantastic job with that so far.
We will gladly keep our so call scrap.
Wish you Oiler fans would realize we just don't want /need a smallish/one dimensional winger who refuses to learn any aspect of defense in his game.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Montreal does not do the deal because it gives us something we have for something we need. Gallagher is our Yakupov, and we have too much of a need for Eller and his combination of size/skill to give him up for another small winger who can score. Yak may well develop into an amazing player, but he is not the kind of luxury you trade a player like Eller and two of your best prospects in two areas of need to get.

I would happily accept Yak on the Habs, but not at the OP's price.

Old
11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
Montreal already has the best forward from the 2012 draft, no need overpaying for Yakupov.

The guy who said Montreal should add Nygren or Ellis=HAHAHAHAH

are you sure about that? Tomas Hertl has looked real good so far...

Old
11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Good luck with that.You guys seem to be a fantastic job with that so far.
We will gladly keep our so call scrap.
Wish you Oiler fans would realize we just don't want /need a smallish/one dimensional winger who refuses to learn any aspect of defense in his game.
Considering all these "Yakupov to:" threads are mostly started by other teams fanbases (including this one) trying to steal our player at his lowest I don't really see your reason for trying to lecture me on the subject. I'll say it again, Yakupov is not for sale and not at 50% off. Bye.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:09 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Considering all these "Yakupov to:" threads are mostly started by other teams fanbases (including this one) trying to steal our player at his lowest I don't really see your reason for trying to lecture me on the subject. I'll say it again, Yakupov is not for sale and not at 50% off. Bye.
You keep him longer and his value will drop even further. Again, the Habs has no need for Yakupov. Trade him to other teams for a real Oilers needs: good centers and good defensemen.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
You keep him longer and his value will drop even further. Again, the Habs has no need for Yakupov. Trade him to other teams for a real Oilers needs: good centers and good defensemen.
Again, this thread was started by a habs fan.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Macslow*

Quote:
Link?

I keep forgetting 1st overall picks don't have sophomore slumps or variable development rates.

Old
11-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
of course not. but like i said, we developed Eller into the player he is now. why trade him to take on another player who *might* end up being better, but that we would have to develop all over again.

it would be like the Oilers trading Eberle for Larsson and some prospects. Larsson might become that great no.1 dman that Edmonton lacks, but is it worth taking the risk?
I don't see them comparable. Yak is a forward, Larsson is a defenseman. We all know how some defenseman develop. I don't think there is any question Yak will be a great player.. just like Galchenyuk he will go through his ups and downs early in his career but that doesn't say much to how he will end up. Galchenyuk had 4 points in his last 13 games before last night. There's a perfect example.

We're also talking about Eberle here. Eller and Eberle aren't comparable either.

Old
11-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
This comment couldn't be further from the truth.

Old
11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't see them comparable. Yak is a forward, Larsson is a defenseman. We all know how some defenseman develop. I don't think there is any question Yak will be a great player.. just like Galchenyuk he will go through his ups and downs early in his career but that doesn't say much to how he will end up. Galchenyuk had 4 points in his last 13 games before last night. There's a perfect example.

We're also talking about Eberle here. Eller and Eberle aren't comparable either.
it has nothing to do with comparables. it has to do with proven v. unproven. Eberle and Eller are proven talents; Yakupov and Larsson are not. that was the point i was trying to make.

even if Galchenyuk had a scoring slump recently, he was still contributing on the ice. Yakupov on the other hand still has a long way to go when it comes to playing a 200 foot game. giving up proven talent for him now might pay off later on, but that's simply too big of a risk to take.

Old
11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Hugo Sham

uh oh

EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 22m

Interesting @CraigCustance: Igor Larionov says he's got a trip planned to Edmonton to discuss how Nail Yakupov is being used. Pretty unhappy

Old
11-11-2013, 06:39 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
uh oh

EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 22m

Interesting @CraigCustance: Igor Larionov says he's got a trip planned to Edmonton to discuss how Nail Yakupov is being used. Pretty unhappy
Sound like KHL bound.

Old
11-12-2013, 04:27 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

I know I made this but this seems like the best deal I seen on the whole site for the oilers and yakupov

Old
11-12-2013, 04:49 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Most of the talk in here is related to the Yakupov situation in general. There's a Yakupov mega-thread above that was created for just that purpose. If you would like to revist this specific proposal, it can be done there as well.

Closed.

Closed Thread